Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs is always the perfect weeknight meal. The shrimp recipe is a family favorite and is made with simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs:
We love making foil recipes on the grill. It makes for an easy clean up and a easy meal. Shrimp, broccoli and simple seasonings is why this foil packet recipe is always the perfect weeknight meal.
These foil packs can easily be changed to other veggies or seasoning. You can even make them on a sheet pan in the oven. Serve with instant rice or cauliflower rice for a low-carb meal idea.
This Shrimp and broccoli foil packets is easy and delicious. It is always a family favorite every time it is on the menu.
- Raw Shrimp, tailed and deveined
- Butter, melted
- Minced Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Italian Seasoning
- Broccoli Florets
How to Grill Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs:
- Step 1 – Combine Shrimp and broccoli – Combine shrimp and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Combine Seasoning – In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, minced garlic, paprika, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Add Seasoning – Pour mixture over shrimp and broccoli, then toss to combine.
- Step 4 – Divide Ingredients – Divide shrimp and broccoli between four 12×12 inch pieces of foil.
- Step 5 – Top with Lemon – Add 2-3 lemon slices to each, then wrap tightly to close each foil pack.
- Step 6 – Grill – Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes OR bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 7 – Top with Lemon Juice – Drizzle fresh lemon juice (using the lemon wedges) over the shrimp and broccoli. Then top with fresh parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
How to Bake in the Oven:
The great thing about foil packs is you can cook on the grill or in the oven. After preparing the foil packs with the ingredients, fold and place on baking sheet. You can even just place ingredients on a sheet pan.
Bake these packets for 15 minutes to 17 minutes at 425 degrees. Carefully open the foil packets to make sure they are done and serve.
- Aluminum Foil – We recommend using heavy duty aluminum foil when making shrimp foil pack dinners. The grill is so hot that you don’t want your foil to burn through or tear.
- Prepare Shrimp – In this recipe we used raw shrimp but you can also use already cooked shrimp. We like to choose shrimp that has been tailed and deveined.
- Spray Foil – To prevent the ingredient from sticking to the foil, make sure to spray with cooking spray or olive oil. You can also prepare it with melted butter.
- Opening Foil Pack – When the ingredients have finished grill, carefully open foil pack. The foil packs release a lot of steam that will be hot as you are opening foil packs.
- Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce – We love adding this fresh squeeze lemon to the shrimp mixture. It gives it flavor and makes for an easy dinner idea.
- Vegetables – I love broccoli in this recipe but you can easily use other types of vegetables. Brussels sprouts, zucchini, carrots and more.
- Shrimp – We like to use raw shrimp in this recipe, but you can also get frozen shrimp. Make sure to allow the shrimp to thaw before adding it to the foil packs. This helps to keep it from being to watery.
- Seasoning – Feel free to add in seasoning to this mixture. You can add in cajun seasoning, spice mix, or Italian seasoning onion powder, salt and pepper. I have even added in red pepper flakes for an extra kick in flavor.
- Change Meat – You can easily use chicken instead of shrimp if you prefer.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store you leftover in an air tight container in the fridge. This foil packet recipe is best served immediately, but you can reheat in the microwave. Make to sure reheat in a microwave safe dish without the foil.
The leftovers will last about 3 days.
Print Recipe for Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs:
Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs
- Combine shrimp and broccoli in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, minced garlic, paprika, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over shrimp and broccoli, then toss to combine.
- Divide shrimp and broccoli between four 12×12 inch pieces of foil.
- Add 2-3 lemon slices to each, then wrap tightly to close each foil pack.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes OR bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice (using the lemon wedges) over the shrimp and broccoli and top with fresh parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe