Blackstone Stuffed French Toast takes classic French Toast to the next level. Delicious, stuffed and cooked perfectly crisp on the griddle.
Blackstone Stuffed French Toast Recipe:
We love making French Toast on our Blackstone. But when we stuffed it with cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture, it took the French Toast to the next level. The french toast is cooked golden brown, with a crispy crust and every bite is filled with cream cheese filling.
This Stuffed French Toast Recipe is easy to make. The cream cheese filling is delicious and only requires two ingredients to make. This restaurant style recipe is a must make breakfast on the weekends.
Cooking on our Blackstone is one of our favorite things to do. It only takes a few minutes to make this easy recipe. Top with your favorite fruits and powdered sugar, this budget friendly breakfast will jazz up your classic recipe.
What is Stuffed French Toast?
We like to think of Stuffed French Toast as a special occasion French toast. It is rich in flavor but easy to make. This sweet and decadent breakfast or brunch item is always a crowd pleaser.
Stuffed French Toast is made when two thick slices of bread are spread with a cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture. The two slices of bread are placed together and then dipped in the milk and egg mixture to coat the bread.
Then the stuffed French Toast is cooked on the griddle to create an amazing French Toast. In less than 30 minutes, these French Toast and ready to serve. Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle allows for you to cook several at a time.
- Texas Toast
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Berries (for topping)
How to Make Stuffed French Toast on Blackstone:
- Combine the Egg Mixture – Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together in a shallow bowl. Then set aside mixture aside.
- Mix Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar – In a separate small bowl beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and combined (approximately 1 minutes).
- Spread Cream Cheese Mixture – Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto half of the bread slices making sure to keep the cream cheese away from the edges of the bread. Then place the remaining slices of bread on top.
- Heat Grill and Melt Butter – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium heat. Then melt the butter on top of the grill.
- Dip Sandwiches in Egg Mixture – Drip each side of the stuffed french toast “sandwiches” in the egg mixture until fully coated. Then place the french toast on the butter melted on the grill.
- Cook on Each Side – Cook each side for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then remove the grill. Serve topped with the fresh berries, syrup and powdered sugar while warm and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Tips:
- Cinnamon – If you don’t like ground cinnamon, you can easily leave it out.
- Thick Bread – We recommend using thick slices when making the French Toast. This allows for the edges to get crispy without becoming to soggy.
- Half and Half – If you prefer a thick and creamier mixture to dip your bread in, use half and half.
- Skillet – If you don’t have a Blackstone, you can easily make this recipe in a large skillet. Make sure the skillet is hot and has been covered in melted butter.
- Single Layer – Make sure to cook the French Toast in a single layer. If you stack then both sides of the french toast do not get cooked.
What Bread is best for French Toast?
There many different options to make french toast with. When making french toast it should be soft, buttery and have a crispy texture. Here are our recommendations:
- French Bread
- Texas Toast
We like using stale bread so that it doesn’t soak up the egg mixture which results in soggy bread.
What is the Trick to Making good French Toast?
The trick on creating the best french toast is using stale bread. Using fresh bread soaks up the egg mixture to much which makes the bread to soggy.
Stuffed French Toast Topping Ideas:
There are many different ways to top your french toast. Here are some of our favorites:
- Whipped Topping
- Fresh Fruit
- Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
What to Serve with French Toast?
Cream filled french toast is great with many things. Here are some of our favorites.
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Fruit
- Whipped Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Nutella – Stuff the french toast with Nutella. My kids love Nutella and they love it stuffed in their french toast.
- Add Fresh Fruit – After spreading the cream cheese mixture, add some strawberries or blueberries for added flavor.
- Peanut Butter – Substitute with Cream Cheese with peanut butter for amazing flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
This french toast is best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Microwave the leftovers before enjoying them.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Stuffed French Toast:
Blackstone Stuffed French Toast
- 12 Slices Texas Toast
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Berries for topping
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and ground cinnamon together in a shallow bowl. Then set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and combined (approximately 1 minutes).
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto half of the bread slices making sure to keep the cream cheese away from the edges of the bread. Then place the remaining slices of bread on top.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat. Then melt the butter on top of the grill.
- Drip each side of the stuffed french toast “sandwiches” in the egg mixture until fully coated. Then place the french toast on the butter melted on the grill.
- Cook each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Then remove the grill. Serve topped with the fresh berries, syrup and powdered sugar while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe