Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp Recipe is easy to make and taste amazing with the Garlic Parmesan topping. These shrimp are ready in minutes when cooked on the grill.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
We love using our grill during the summer. There have been times that we have grilled in the cold months as well. I love the way the grill gives the meal a smoky flavor.
These grilled shrimp are the perfect weeknight meal to make. It takes minutes on the grill and the garlic parmesan topping, make this meal so delicious. You might also like Garlic Lemon Grilled Shrimp.
Table of Contents
- Should I soak the Skewers:
- What type of Shrimp can you Grill?
- Variations of Grilled Shrimp:
- Step by Step Instructions:
- More Ways to Cook Shrimp:
- Is your Shrimp Frozen?
- How long do Shrimp take on the Grill?
- Don’t Grill Shrimp to long:
- What to Serve with Shrimp:
- How to Store Leftovers:
- More Shrimp Recipes:
- Grilled Parmesan Shrimp Recipe
Should I soak the Skewers:
To prevent the skewers from burning, we recommend soaking the skewers. It takes a long time for the skewers to soak up the water, so plan on letting them soak for at least 30 minutes or if possible overnight.
Allowing the skewers to soak longer than 30 minutes, helps the skewers stay on the grill longer.
What type of Shrimp can you Grill?
The perfect shrimp to grill is the large, jumbo or colossal size shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on.
I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled.
- Large Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or tails off)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Basil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Lemon, Juiced
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
For the full list of ingredients and recipe, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
Variations of Grilled Shrimp:
- Garlic Butter Shrimp – Melt some butter and add some minced garlic to a small bowl. Brush your grilled shrimp with this shrimp marinade.
- Add some Spice – If you prefer your shrimp to have a little kick to it, sprinkled about a teaspoon of red pepper flakes on the shrimp. Add more if you prefer.
- Citrus-Honey Grilled Shrimp – This is a light sweet marinade that is used for basting your grilled shrimp. Perfect for an appetizer or a light dinner.
- Grilled Shrimp Tacos – Shrimp Tacos are a family favorite. Top with lettuce, cheese or some garlic aioli sauce.
- Shrimp Salad – Top your favorite salad with grilled shrimp. This a nice change from the normal grilled chicken.
- Shrimp Scampi – Quickly grill your shrimp and add it to your favorite scampi sauce. Toss with some angel hair pasta for an amazing meal.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F and brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking.
- Step 2 – Make sure the shrimp is defrosted. We buy shrimp that is already peeled, deveined and threaded shrimp.
- Step 3 – Place the shrimp is a bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Toss the ingredients together to coat the shrimp.
- Step 4 – Then gently place the shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink and is cooked through.
- Step 5 – Then move the shrimp to a plate. Top with the fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley and the grated parmesan cheese. Seasoned with Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!
More Ways to Cook Shrimp:
- Cook in Cast Iron Skillet – We love shrimp directly on the grill gates but if your shrimp is smaller and you’re concerned that it will fall through the grate, you can cook the shrimp in a single layer on a cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Bake the Shrimp – If you prefer you can use the same ingredients, and place the seasoned shrimp in a baking dish or baking sheet and bake. Roasted shrimp is one of my favorite ways to cook shrimp.
- Stovetop Shrimp – Mix the shrimp with the garlic parmesan seasoning and sauté on your stove top.
Is your Shrimp Frozen?
If your shrimp is frozen use these methods to unthaw your shrimp.
- Thaw the night before – If plan ahead, you can place your frozen shrimp in the refrigerator to unthaw overnight.
- Fast Thawing – If you need to thaw your shrimp fast, place frozen shrimp in a bowl of cold water. Stir bowl to make sure that there are no clumps and shrimp thaws evenly.
- Place in a Colander – Another fast way, to thaw shrimp is to place in a colander and run streaming water over the shrimp.
How long do Shrimp take on the Grill?
Grill shrimp over medium heat on a gas grill. Grill shrimp for about 2 minutes per each side. It might even take up to 5 minutes.
The shrimp will turn a soft pink color on the outside. It will be white and opaque on the inside.
Don’t Grill Shrimp to long:
When grilling shrimp, make sure not to cook it to long. Cooking the shrimp even a minute to long can cause the shrimp to be tough and dry.
When we grill shrimp, we are always close by the grill since it doesn’t take long to grill.
What to Serve with Shrimp:
When we serve this Garlic Parmesan Grilled Shrimp we like to serve with different sides. Most of the time, I try to do sides that can easily be prepared or can be grilled so it is easy clean up. Here are some of our favorites:
- Bake Potato
- Green Salad
- Rice Pilaf
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftover grilled garlic shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days. We think grilled shrimp is best served fresh.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Crock Pot Shrimp Boil
- Blackstone Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- Grilled Shrimp in Foil
- 5 Minute Baja Shrimp Tacos Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Garlic Grilled Parmesan Shrimp Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
Grilled Parmesan Shrimp
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F and brush the grill grates with oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking.
- Make sure the shrimp is defrosted.
- Place the shrimp is a bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Toss the ingredients together to coat the shrimp.
- Then gently place the shrimp directly on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink and is cooked through.
- Then move the shrimp to a plate. Top with the fresh lemon juice, chopped parsley and the grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe