If you love grilling seafood, make this Grilled Mahi Mahi. It is seasoned with simple ingredients and placed on the grill for a flavorful seafood dish.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe is one of our favorite seafood recipes to grill. You only need a few simple ingredients to create a flavorful fish that everyone will love. We grill out a lot and seafood has become a family favorite.
This mild, flavorful fish is easy to grill and is a quick and easy dinner idea. This light and healthy fish cooks on a hot grill for about 5 minutes. The results are a fish that is cooked with the perfect grill marks and juicy on the inside.
Table of Contents
- What is Mahi Mahi?
- How to Season Mahi Mahi
- How to Cook Mahi Mahi on the Grill
- What does Grilled Mahi Mahi taste like?
- Recipe Tips
- How long to Grill Mahi Mahi
- Can you Cook Mahi Mahi on the stovetop?
- What to Serve with Grilled Mahi Mahi?
- How to Store Leftovers
- More Grilled Seafood Recipes
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe
What is Mahi Mahi?
Mahi Mahi is a white fish that is a surface dwelling fish. It is one of the best fish to grill. Minimal seasoning is needed to create a delicious grilled fish.
- Mahi Mahi
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Lemons (sliced)
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients.
How to Season Mahi Mahi
Seasoning Mahi Mahi fillets can be kept as simple as seasoning it with olive oil and salt pepper. But you can also add in other seasoning and squeeze with fresh lemon to add more flavor.
We have even add in a pinch of cayenne pepper for a little hint of spice in the seasoning blend.
How to Cook Mahi Mahi on the Grill
- Step 1 – Combine Seasoning – Mix together the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Step 3 – Oil Fish – Use a basting brush to rub the olive oil onto the Mahi Mahi filets.
- Step 3 – Season Fish – Season the Mahi Mahi with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 4 – Prepare Grill – Heat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 5 – Grill Mahi Mahi – Grill for 3-5 minutes on both sides of the filets until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve warm with the lemon slices and enjoy.
What does Grilled Mahi Mahi taste like?
This Grilled Mahi Mahi dish has a sweet and juicy flavor. This seafood dish doesn’t have a strong fishy taste like most fish. The texture is firm and we recommend squeeze fresh lemon over the top when serving.
It is one of the best fish to grill because it keeps it flavors and stays firm through the grilling process.
- Seasoning Mahi Mahi – Oil and seasoning the Mahi Mahi thoroughly for best results.
- Hot Skillet or Griddle- Before placing the Mahi Mahi on the grill make sure the is hot first before you put the fish on the grill.
- Flipping Mahi Mahi – We recommend not moving the fish while it is cooking. You want that pretty coating on the fish, so don’t move it until you are ready to flip. You do not need to pan sear Mahi Mahi before placing on griddle.
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to oil the grill grates to prevent it from sticking to the grill.
- Cooking Mahi Mahi – Cook the Mahi Mahi for about 4 minutes per side for best results. Do not over cook Mahi Mahi to prevent it from drying out and being rubbery.
- Lemon Wedges – When serving, we like to squeeze lemon wedges or lime juice wedges on top.
How long to Grill Mahi Mahi
Grilling Mahi Mahi doesn’t take long, make sure to stay close by the grill so that it doesn’t overcook. Once you have oiled and and seasoned Mahi Mahi, place on a medium high heat grill.
Grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Once the Mahi Mahi has a golden brown texture and has grilled marks, the fish is done.
Can you Cook Mahi Mahi on the stovetop?
Yes, you can cook Mahi Mahi on the Stove top. Make sure to cook in a non stick pan with oil in the pan. You can also cook in a cast iron skillet which is one of my favorite ways to cook.
It only takes about 3 minutes in the skillet and the Mahi Mahi is fully cooked. Top with some fresh squeezed lemon juice and serve.
What to Serve with Grilled Mahi Mahi?
When we grill out, we love to grill sides dishes for an easy clean up. These are some of our favorites.
- Grilled Bake Potatoes – Bake Potatoes are an easy side and they come out perfectly when grilled.
- Grilled Asparagus in Foil – We love grilling out asparagus. You can even cook the asparagus in the same foil as the shrimp.
- Easy Crock Pot Rice – Rice, vegetables and shrimp is our favorite dinner option.
How to Store Leftovers
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When you are ready to reheat, we recommend heating in a skillet. Just reheat for about 1 to 2 minutes to prevent from drying out.
More Grilled Seafood Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe, please leave us a star review.
Grilled Mahi Mahi
- Mix together the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Use a basting brush to rub the olive oil onto the Mahi Mahi filets.
- Season the Mahi Mahi with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on both sides of the filets until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve warm with the lemon slices and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe