Blackstone Fried Potatoes is one of my favorite side dishes. The fried potatoes turn so crispy on the Blackstone and are full of flavor. Fried Potatoes are a crowd pleaser.
Blackstone Fried Potatoes Recipe:
These Blackstone Fried Potatoes are easy to make and the first to disappear when we serve as a side dish. The potatoes are crispy on the outside but still have that soft and tender inside.
We cook potatoes many different ways. But once we got our Blackstone Griddle, this has become a family favorite side dish. It is a quick side dish, because we always have potatoes in the pantry.
Easy ingredients and in less than 15 minutes you Fried Potatoes are done. Cooking on the Blackstone Griddle saves me time and money. So much easier cooking fried potatoes on the griddle than on the stovetop.
Can you Fry Potatoes on a Blackstone?
Yes, you can fry potatoes on the Blackstone. It is very similar to cooking them in a cast iron skillet on your stove top. Heat the Blackstone Griddle to medium heat, then drizzle with oil.
Once the griddle is hot, place diced potatoes on the griddle to cook. Flipping once to cook each evenly or your desired crispiness.
- Russet Potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/8″ thick slices
- Vegetable Oil
- Onion, chopped
How to Cook Fried Potatoes on Blackstone Griddle:
- Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Oil griddle and place slice potatoes on – Drizzle the olive oil onto the grill. Layer the potato slices out evenly onto the grill. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Allow Potatoes to cook on both sides – Do not flip the potatoes and allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes until browned slightly. Flip the potatoes and then cook them for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side.
- Add Onions – Then add in the onions and toss them with the potatoes until they are evenly distributed.
- Continue cooking – Continue to sauté and cook the potatoes with the onion for 5-7 mores minutes until the potatoes are tender and golden browned.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How Long does it take to make Fried Russet Potatoes?
Cooking Fried Potatoes on the Blackstone Griddle does not take long. Place the freshly sliced on a hot grill that has been oiled. Once you have let them cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and let them cook for another 4 minutes.
You can then add in onions and continue cooking the potatoes until your desired crispiness and softness. These potatoes are perfect straight from the grill seasoned with salt and pepper.
Do you need to Boil Potatoes before Frying?
No, you do not need to boil the potatoes before frying. You prepare them just as you did growing up. I slice the potatoes and place them directly on the griddle to begin cooking.
Blackstone Fried Potatoes Tips:
- Let Potatoes Cook – When you smashed potatoes on the griddle, make sure you let them cook without moving around. This creates a crispy texture.
- Hot Griddle – To prevent potatoes from sticking, make sure griddle is hot and oiled before placing potatoes on the griddle.
- Serve – Serve the potatoes with your favorite side or dip them in ranch, BBQ sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Extra Crispy Potatoes – If you want your potatoes to be extra crispy, make sure you it is cooking in enough oil and leave on the griddle a few extra minutes.
How do you tell if Fried Potatoes are done?
Once I have cooked the potatoes for at least 4 minutes on each side, I will see if they slices are fork tender. Once they are tender, I cook them until they are crispy. We like our potatoes to be extra crispy potatoes.
We do recommend slicing the potatoes about the same size. This ensure that the potatoes are done about the same time.
- Onion Powder – You can use ½ tsp of Onion Powder instead of the diced onions for this recipe if you prefer.
- Use Different Potatoes – We used Russet potatoes but this recipe can also be made with red potatoes, baby potatoes or yellow gold potatoes instead if you prefer.
- Other Favorite Seasonings – Garlic Powder, Rosemary, Season Salt, oil and butter the options are endless. Use what you have.
- Fresh Garlic – When melting the butter, you can add in some minced garlic to cook the potatoes in.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recommended Products for the Blackstone:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Fried Potatoes:
- 5 Medium Russet Potatoes peeled and sliced into 1/8″ thick slices
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the oil onto the grill. Layer the potato slices out evenly onto the grill. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Do not flip the potatoes and allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes until browned slightly. Flip the potatoes and then cook them for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side.
- Then add in the onions and toss them with the potatoes until they are evenly distributed. Continue to sauté and cook the potatoes with the onion for 5-7 mores minutes until the potatoes are tender and browned.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe