Quick and easy Grilled Zucchini makes the perfect side dish. Add the easy seasoning to give this zucchini so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Zucchini Recipe:
Grilled zucchini is the perfect side dish to make with any types of meats. We grill out a lot in the summertime and grilled zucchini is always on the grill. This is the perfect summer side dish vegetable and always grills perfectly.
If you like zucchini as much as my family, then try Blackstone Zucchini and Squash Recipe. Zucchini is such an inexpensive veggie and the grill really takes the flavor up a notch. In just a few minutes, you can enjoy the best perfectly grilled zucchini.
This is the perfect low carb side dish if you are trying to eat healthy. These grilled zucchini are kid friendly as my kids will eat them without complaining. We have served it with pork chops, steaks and chicken. We love the flavor the grill gives the zucchini.
What is the Best Way to Cut Zucchini for Grilling?
There are different ways you can grill zucchini on the grill. But depending on the way you cut it will depend on how you grill it and how long it stays on the grill.
- Spears – Cut zucchini in half and then cut into quarters. We like using this option as the spears do not fall through the grill grates. You can also use a grill basket or foil to cook the spears.
- Planks – Place zucchini on a cutting board and cut the ends of the zucchini. Then cut the zucchini lengthwise in about ¾ inch thick planks. This is a great option because you can put the planks directly on the grill and they don’t fall through the grill grates.
- Halves – If you have smaller zucchini this is a great option. Just cut the zucchini and half, season and place on the grill. For medium size zucchini, cut in quarters and for large ones cut in eighths.
- Coins – If we have larger zucchini we like to cut in coins. We cut in a slight diagonal into circles and place on the grill. If you have small zucchini, you can still use this option but you will need to place in foil or a grill basket.
- Fresh Zucchini (cut into quarters lengthwise)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Zucchini on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Put zucchini in a bowl – Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Add seasoning – Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil to keep the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Step 4 – Grill Zucchini – Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Step – Serve and enjoy – Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Why is my Grilled Zucchini Soggy?
Zucchini doesn’t take long to cook. Overcooking the zucchini can cause for the zucchini to get soggy. Zucchini has a high water count, so we recommend cutting in large spears as it cooks better on the grill.
Tips for the Best Grilled Zucchini:
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to heat the grill to medium high heat and oil grates. Cooking the zucchini on a hot grill and oiling it prevents it from sticking to the grill.
- Cooking Zucchini – It only takes a few minutes on each side of the large zucchini to get the grill marks and to cook tender.
- Serving – We recommend serving the zucchini warm for the best flavor.
- Grilling Zucchini – You can grill the zucchini directly on the grill or in a grill pan.
How to Store Leftover Zucchini:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. These grilled zucchini reheat well in the microwave. We like to meal prep with grilled vegetables with steak or chicken and rice.
This makes for the perfect lunch the next day.
Seasoning Ideas for Grilled Zucchini:
- Balsamic Vinegar – We love balsamic vinegar and use it for a marinade on chicken and steak. Balsamic Glaze is even great on grilled vegetables.
- Fresh Herbs – We used dry seasoning, but you can easily use fresh herbs.
- Lemon Juice – Once the zucchini is done cooking, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top. Olive oil and lemon juice is the perfection combination.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add parmesan cheese after your zucchini is done grilling. We like to use fresh parmesan cheese.
- Steak Seasoning – If you are cooking steaks, add the steak seasoning to zucchini. Flavorful and easy to add to the zucchini. Just toss in a large bowl covering the zucchini completely.
- Italian Seasoning – Another simple add, especially if your are serving spaghetti add garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Spicy – Season the zucchini with Salt with Creole seasoning or red pepper flakes.
- Salty Flavor – Sprinkle with some teriyaki sauce with garlic salt.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Zucchini:
- Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil to keep the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Side Dish Recipes:
- Grilled Mushrooms Recipe
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil Recipe
- Sweet Potatoes on Grill Recipe