Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Tenders is the perfect summertime meal. These Chicken Tenders are loaded with flavor with the delicious homemade teriyaki sauce.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Tenderloins Recipe:
This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is on repeat at my house. We love cooking tenderloins on the grill as they grill fast and are the perfect size.
Teriyaki Sauce is one of my favorite sauces to put on the chicken. With simple ingredients you can easily make it from scratch. If you are looking for a new marinade for your chicken, make this Teriyaki Chicken Recipe.
The next time you are hosting a BBQ, make these teriyaki chicken tenderloins. Serve with your favorite side dish to complete this easy chicken recipe. This is the perfect weeknight meal.
Check out these Side Dishes for Teriyaki Chicken.
How to Make Homemade Teriyaki Sauce:
You will be amazed how easy it is to make Teriyaki Sauce. Sure you can by Teriyaki Sauce at the store, but we like to make it homemade. The ingredients for this recipe are simple and can easily be changed.
All you have to do is whisk the ingredients and brush it on the cooked chicken. This sauce definitely takes bland chicken to flavorful chicken with one simple sauce.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- Brown Sugar
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Rice Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
For the Toppings:
- Sesame Seeds
- Stalks Green Onions (diced)
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken Tenders on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Oil Grill Grates – Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil. This prevents the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Step 3 – Add chicken to grill – Place the chicken on the grill on top of the oil. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 – Grill Chicken – Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side. Cook until the chicken is almost cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 5 – Combine Sauce Ingredients – In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Brush this mixture onto the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Step 6 – Remaining Marinade – Then cook for 1 more minute until the chicken is browned and the sauce is caramelized.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove, let sit for 5 minutes. Then serve topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. Enjoy!
How long do you Grill Chicken Tenders:
The reason we like to grill chicken tenders is they cook fast and are always juicy. Cooking times may vary, but cook chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
We use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature.
After basting the chicken with the teriyaki sauce, allow the chicken to cook for about 1 more minute. Then serve and enjoy.
Chicken Teriyaki Tenders Recipe Tips:
- Heat Grill – Make sure to preheat grill over medium heat. Then oil the grill grates to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Checking Chicken for doneness – We use an meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature.
- Adding Teriyaki Sauce – Once the chicken is done cooking, rub the sauce on the chicken. Then cook the chicken for a minute to caramelize the sauce.
- Rest Chicken – After cooking chicken and before serving, allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes. Then garnish with diced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Change Chicken – You can use this teriyaki sauce on many different types of meat. Feel to use it on chicken breasts, boneless skinless chicken thighs, or shrimp. We have even made steak with it and teriyaki chicken skewers.
- Teriyaki Sauce Variations – Feel free to add in fresh ginger, pineapple juice or garlic cloves as a good substitute. You can also add in rice wine vinegar.
- Add Seasoning – If you like it spicy, add in about a teaspoon of red peppers.
Can I Make Teriyaki Chicken on the Stovetop?
Yes, this chicken tenders recipe can easily be prepared indoors. You can cook the chicken in a skillet or make baked teriyaki chicken.
If you want to prepare on the stovetop, follow the recipe as indicated and make in a cast iron skillet. If you want to bake the chicken, place the chicken on a baking sheet. Bake the chicken for about 30 minutes.
Then drizzle with the homemade sauce over the top. We have even made air fryer chicken tenders that turned out amazing.
Does Chicken Need to Be Marinated before Grilling?
For this recipe, you will add the sauce after this chicken tenders are finished cooking. It depends on your preference and your marinade.
We usually do marinade the chicken piece before, but we also think it taste absolute delicious.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We love to double the recipe so we can enjoy it for lunch. Store your leftovers in individual containers with rice and veggie.
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Tenders
For the Toppings:
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 2 Stalks Green Onions diced
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place the chicken on the grill on top of the oil. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken is almost cooked through (internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Brush this mixture onto the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Then cook for 1 more minute until the chicken is browned and the sauce is caramelized.
- Remove, let sit for 5 minutes. Then serve topped with the sesame seed and diced green onions. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Teriyaki Recipes:
- Blackstone Teriyaki Burger Recipe
- Panda Express Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Blackstone Teriyaki Vegetable Recipes
- Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Recipe