Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders is one of our favorite copycat recipes. You only need 3 simple ingredients to give the grilled chicken tenderloins so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Copycat Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders:
One of my favorite menu item to get at Cracker Barrel is the Grilled Chicken Tenders. The Italian dressing, lime juice, and honey gives these chicken strips so much flavor.
This chicken is great on the grill, but you can easily make it in your air fryer or on a skillet. We love copycat recipes but there is nothing better than home cooking and this is one of our favorites to make.
This recipe is great leftover so we like to double the recipe. Serve with your favorite sides to complete this meal.
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Italian Dressing
- Fresh Lime Juice
How to Make Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders:
- Step 1 – Mix Marinade – In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, lime juice and honey.
- Step 2 – Marinade Chicken – Place the chicken tenderloins in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade on top. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to over night. Make sure to seal the ziplock bag.
- Step 3 – Prepare Grill – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 4 – Add chicken to grill – Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Step 5 – Grill Chicken – Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy.
How Long to Grill Chicken Tenders:
These chicken tenders grill perfectly on the a gas grill over medium heat. Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Make sure to flip chicken to cook both sides.
Use a meat thermometer to check chicken to make sure it is cooked thoroughly.
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders Recipe Tips:
- Marinade – We recommend allowing the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes. You can even prepare it the night before and marinate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat Grill – Make sure to preheat grill for the best results in cooking the chicken.
- Cooking Chicken –Cooking time will vary when grilling chicken tenders. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check and make sure chicken is cooked. Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side.
- Rest Chicken – Once you remove the chicken from the grill, allow the chicken to rest. This locks in the moisture to give your chicken the best flavor. We allow the chicken to rest for about 5 to 15 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Tenders Cracker Barrel Variations:
- Cut of Chicken – You can easily change the type of chicken you use when making this recipe. You can use chicken breast, drumsticks, or chicken thighs.
- Cooking Chicken – We love grilling chicken directly on the grill, but you can place in a grill pan if your prefer. You can also cook on stovetop in a large skillet. You can also bake in the oven.
- Marinade Ingredients – You can change the marinade to what you prefer. If you do not have limes, you can easily substitute for lemon juice.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Tenders:
We love making home recipes and this is one of our favorite copycat recipes to make. These grilled chicken tenders can be served with many different sides.
These are some of our favorites.
- Green Beans – Grilled green beans in foil cooks perfectly on the grill. This delicious side pairs perfectly with these chicken tenders. You can also serve with a side of pasta to complete the meal.
- Potatoes – Another easy side dish that we like to serve is Grilled Potatoes in Foil. They are easily to make and budget friendly. We when make these, I like to also serve with a side salad.
- Easy Grilled Chicken Sides – Here are 47 side dishes that pairs perfectly with grilled chicken. They are delicious and easy to make with simple ingredients.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders:
Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- ½ Lime juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing, lime juice and honey.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a zip lock bag and pour the marinade on top. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to over night.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill.
- Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe