These super tasty, tender and juicy Grilled BBQ Pork Chops are ready in less than 15 minutes. These are the perfect pork chops for all your cookouts this summer.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops Recipe:
We love making BBQ Pork Chops on the Grill. These Pork Chops are so juicy and delicious then they are basted with BBQ Sauce. Which adds so much flavor. You can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Grilling pork chops on the BBQ adds so much flavor. They come out so tender and juicy on the inside but still have that amazing grilled flavor on the outside. We eat a lot of chicken and beef during the summer, so grilling pork chops is a nice change.
When preparing for your next cookout, season some bone-in pork chops for a nice change. This lean meat cooks perfectly on the grill is budget friendly. My family loves pork chops and they love it when I add some BBQ Sauce to them.
Can I use Boneless Pork Chops?
Yes, you can use boneless pork chops with this recipe. We have grilled both boneless and bone-in pork chops and it depends on the thickness which one is better.
Bone-in is are favorite to grill but they need to be at least one inch thick. You can also grill pork loin chops.
Boneless pork chops are good but they seem to get dried out faster than bone-in pork chops.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Vegetable Oil
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic Powder
How to Grill BBQ Pork Chops:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Oil and Season Pork Chops – Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops and season them with the salt and pepper and rub it into the pork chops. If you prefer you can combine the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Grill Pork Chops – Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) and cook for 4-6 minutes per side (do not touch it) until the pork releases from the grill.
- Flip Pork Chops – Then flip the pork chops and cook the pork chops for 3-5 more minutes on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill.
- Add BBQ Sauce to Pork Chops – Then baste both side of the pork chops with the barbecue sauce. See more Sauces for Pork Chops.
- Then Continue Cooking – Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minutes to caramelize the barbecue sauce on the pork chops.
- Serve and Enjoy – Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes before slicing. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy.
How Long do I Grill Pork Chops on a Grill?
Bone-in are flavorful pork chops. But they need need to be cooked the right length of time. Pork chops can be a little tricky to grill so that is why we always use a meat thermometer to ensure that we don’t under cook or over cook the pork chops. Plus to ensure that it is safe to eat.
When we grill pork chops we start off by cooking on the direct medium high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Then we place the pork chops on the other side of the grill. Which is were the indirect heat is for the remainder of the time.
We always watch closely because pork chops can get dry real fast if cooked even a minute to long. Make sure that the pork chops have an internal temperature of 145 degrees F before serving.
Grilled Pork Chops Tips:
- Hot Grill – Make sure to grill on a hot, clean grill. This prevents the meat from sticking and giving you those beautiful grill marks.
- Turn down heat – If pork chops are grilling to quickly, turn down the heat.
- Don’t Overcook – Make sure to use your meat thermometer to check for doneness. If your pork chops cook to long, they can be dry and tough to eat.
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops Sides:
There are many sides that go perfectly with pork chops. When we grill, we like to make sides that can be make on the grill so it is easy cleanup. While your pork is cooking, you can prepare these amazing sides.
- Grilled Green Beans in Foil – If you are looking for a quick and easy side dish that you can put on the grill, make Grilled Green Beans in Foil. This side dish takes only a few ingredients, wrap in foil and toss on the grill.
- Baked Potato on the Grill – Bake Potatoes on the grill is one of our favorite side dishes to make and takes less than 20 minutes to make. They are budget friendly and everyone can choose whatever toppings they want.
- White Rice – We love serving a simple white rice, brown or cauliflower rice with a side of steamed vegetables. This makes a light, complete meal.
- See more Sides for Grilled Pork Chops
When do I add BBQ Sauce to Pork Chops?
We recommend adding the BBQ sauce at the end of the cook time as the sugar in the barbecue sauce will cause the pork chops to burn.
We also serve a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.
How to know when Pork is done?
To ensure your pork chops are cooked to the right internal temperature, we recommend using a meat thermometer. Make sure the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145 degrees.
Using an meat thermometer instead of slicing the pork chops to check for doneness, keeps the juices locked in.
- Change the Seasoning – Instead of using BBQ sauce, you can use a BBQ dry rub on the pork chops.
- Use other BBQ Sauces – There are many different flavors of BBQ Sauces you can use. There is spicy, sweet and tangy. You can even make Homemade BBQ Sauce.
- Use Different Meat – Instead of pork chops, you can use this recipe and make BBQ Chicken.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled BBQ Pork Chops:
Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops and season them with the salt and pepper and rub it into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) and cook for 4-6 minutes (do not touch it) until the pork releases from the grill. Then flip the pork chops and cook the pork chops for 3-5 more minutes on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill.
- Then baste both side of the pork chops with the barbecue sauce. Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minutes to caramelize the barbecue sauce on the pork chops.
- Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe