This Grilled Pork Chop Marinade Recipe is loaded with flavor. The ingredients are easy and when combined make your pork chops juicy and full of flavor.
Best Grilled Pork Chop Marinade Recipe:
A good pork chop meal starts with a good Pork Chop Marinade. This marinade is made from simple pantry ingredients and it is easy to make. This marinade leaves your pork chops full of flavor and so juicy.
The good thing about this recipe is that it is great for when you are grilling your pork chops or preparing them on your stovetop. Our favorite way to cook pork chops is grilling them.
I can easily prepare this easy marinade and grill pork chops and have an amazing weeknight meal. When we decide to grill, I try to make everything on the grill so it is easy cleanup.
How to Grill Pork Chops:
When we are preparing our pork chops to grill, I first whisk together the ingredients for the marinade. Then place the pork chops in the zip lock bag with the marinade ingredients.
Allow you pork to marinate for at least 30 minutes to lock in all the seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Then I place pork chops on the preheated grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
We used bone-in cut of pork with this recipe. We believe bone-in is much juicier. But you can use boneless pork chops.
We make sure that the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees before removing from the grill. Then it is important to let your pork chops rest before serving.
- Bone-in Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to make Pork Chops Marinade for Grilling:
- Prepare Marinade – Place all the marinade ingredients except for the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake or massage the bag to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Marinate Pork Chops – Then place the pork chops in the bag and marinade for at least 30 minutes but you can marinate over night as well.
- Remove Pork Chops from Refrigerator – Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking them.
- Prepare the Grill – Heat the grill over medium high heat to at least 400 degrees F and rub the grill gates with oil so that the pork chops do not stick while grilling.
- Grill Pork Chops – Place the pork chops on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (based on the thickness of the pork chops) until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Flip Pork Chops when ready – The pork will release naturally from the grill gates when it’s ready to flip. If the pork is browning too quickly because of the sugar in the marinade, reduce the temperature on the grill.
- Let Pork Chops Rest – Move the pork chops to a plate and let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
How to know when Pork Chops are done:
Use an instant read meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork to know when it’s done cooking.
Each pork chop will cook differently based on the thickness of the pork. You want the internal temperature of the pork chop to each a temperature of 145 degrees.
- Hot Grill – Make sure to grill on a hot, clean grill. This prevents the meat from sticking and giving you those beautiful grill marks.
- Turn down heat – If pork chops are grilling to quickly, turn down the heat.
- Don’t Overcook – Make sure to use your meat thermometer to check for doneness. If your pork chops cook to long, they can be dry and tough to eat.
- Same Size Pork Chops – When I purchase Pork Chops, I try to pick the same size of thickness, so that the pork chops are done about the same time.
Does the Marinade need Soy Sauce?
If you are concerned if adding soy sauce to your marinade will make it taste like Asian food, it won’t. We never skip adding soy sauce to this marinade recipe. It acts as a brine to your pork chops.
Adding soy sauce helps pull in tons of flavor to the pork chops. It also helps keep the pork chops extra juicy.
- Spicy Pork Chops – If you prefer to give your marinade a little kick, add in some red pepper flakes.
- Maple Syrup – Add in some quality maple syrup.
- Balsamic Vinegar – For the best fruity flavor, add in some quality balsamic vinegar.
- Dijon Mustard – To add tanginess to your pork chops, add in some Dijon mustard.
- Lemon Juice – We love adding lemon juice, it always gives it the perfect citrus flavor.
Can you freeze Pork Chops in Marinade?
Yes, if you are not able to prepare your pork chops within about 12 to 24 hours of marinating them, then place in the freezer.
When we purchase large quantities of meat from the grocery store, whe marinate the meat with different kinds of marinade. It makes day of cooking a breeze.
- Use Zip Lock Bags – When we marinate meat, we prefer to use zip lock bags. You can easily move the meat around in the bag and it ensures that the meat is covered. Please they are easy cleanup. Once you are done, just throw them away.
- Squeeze the air out – Once you add the pork chops to the bags, make sure to squeeze the air out of the bag.
- Make sure protein is covered – When you are marinating you meat, make sure that it is completely covered while marinating.
- Marinate in the refrigerator – Make sure to place your meat in the refrigerator while marinating. Only remove about 30 minutes prior to cooking so that it gets to room temperature.
- Never reuse marinade – Once you place the meat in the marinate, then you never want to reuse it. If you plan on basting your meat after or during cooking, reserve a cup of the marinade before adding your meat.
What to serve with Pork Chops:
- Grilled Garlic Bread Recipe
- Grilled Carrots in Foil Recipe
- Easy Grilled Broccoli Recipe
- Grilled Asparagus Recipe
- Quick and Easy Weeknight Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Print Recipe here for Grilled Pork Chops Marinade:
Grilled Pork Chop Marinade
- 4 Bone-in Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Place all the ingredients except for the pork chops in a large zip lock bag. Seal the bag and shake or massage the bag to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Then place the pork chops in the bag and marinade for at least 30 minutes but you can marinate over night as well.
- Take the pork chops out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking them.
- Heat the grill over medium high heat to at least 400 degrees F and rub the grill gates with oil so that the pork chops do not stick while grilling.
- Place the pork chops on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (based on the thickness of the pork chops) until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. The pork will release naturally from the grill gates when it’s ready to flip. If the pork is browning too quickly because of the sugar in the marinade, reduce the temperature on the grill.
- Move the pork chops to a plate and let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe