Red Wine Steak Marinade is a delicious marinade to use for all your steak recipes. Easy to make with simple ingredients and gives your steak so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Red Wine Marinade for Steak is the perfect marinade if you love Red Wine. The ingredients combined gives your steak a hint of red wine flavor but not to much.
You are left with a flavorful and juicy steak that is deliciously cooked in many different ways. Red wine and steak is the perfect combination and now you can easily marinade your favorite cut of steak in this delicious marinade.
Cook indoors or on the grill, these steaks are cooked perfectly tender and juicy. Serve with your favorite sides for your family and friends.
You may also love this Balsamic Steak Marinade.
How Long Should you let Steak Marinade:
We recommend marinade your perfect steak with red wine for a minimum of 2 hours. Depending on how much flavor of the marinade that you want, 2 hours is the perfect amount of time.
You can also marinade overnight if you prefer.
Does Red Wine Tenderize Meat?
Yes, red wine actually does help tenderize the meat. If you leave the steak in the marinade for about 2 hours you are left with a tender steak. Keep in mind, if you leave the steak in to long it could cause your meat to be tough.
- Steaks (cut of your choice – sirloin, ribeye or new york strip)
- Red Wine
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Dried Rosemary
How to Make Red Wine Steak Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 2 – Add steaks to marinade – Place the steaks in a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the bag. Get as much air out of the bag as possible and seal.
- Step 3 – Marinate Steaks – Let the steaks marinade for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
How to Grill Steaks:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Let the steaks sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Step 2 – Grill Steaks – Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your Steak Doneness preference.
- Step 3 – Flip Steaks and Continue Cooking – Flip the steak over and grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until steak is cooked to your preference.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill and allow to rest a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
How to Bake Steaks:
If you prefer you can cook your steaks in the oven. It is an easy process and the results are a juicy steak.
- Marinate Steaks with Red Wine Marinade.
- Allow steaks to get to room temperature.
- Sear Steaks in a hot pan on the stove top.
- Season steaks with salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place steaks on a baking sheet and place in the oven at 450 degrees.
- Cook steaks for about about 10 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway through.
- Remove steak from oven and allow it to rest and finish cooking on the baking sheet.
How to Cook Steaks on Cast Iron:
- Preheat Cast Iron Skillet on the stovetop for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil to the pan enough to coat the bottom.
- Immediately place the steak in the cast iron skillet and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Cook longer depending on how well you want the steak done.
- Remove steak from skillet and allow to rest as it will continue cooking.
How to Know when Steak is done:
The best way to test for doneness is by inserting an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the steak. Do this through the side, not the top of the steak.
Steak Doneness internal temperatures:
- Rare – 120F, cool to warm red center
- Medium Rare – 130F, Warm red center
- Medium – 140F, Hot pink center
- Well, Medium – 150F, Mostly brown center
- Well Done – 160F, full brown in color
- Room Temperature – Make sure steaks are set at room temperature before grilling.
- Prepare Grill – Before placing the steaks on the grill, make sure it has had time to get hot and the grates are oiled.
- Grilling Flavorful Steaks – We like to stay close by when cooking steaks. We recommend not over flipping steaks.
- Steaks Rest – Allow the steaks to rest when taken off the grill.
- Marinade for steak with Red Wine – Use any red wine your prefer, but we recommend cabernet sauvignon.
What to Serve with Steaks:
Print Recipe here for Red Wine Steak Marinade:
Red Wine Steak Marinade
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Place the steaks in a large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the bag. Get as much air out of the bag as possible and seal. Let the steaks marinade for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Let the steaks sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Place steaks on a hot grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your Steak Doneness preference.
- Flip the steak over and grill for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until steak is cooked to your preference.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Steak Recipes:
- Steak and Potatoes Foil Pack
- Coffee Rubbed Steak
- Balsamic Steak Marinade
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade
- Blackstone Ribeye Steak