Grilled Bone-in Pork Chops is a lean meat that is easy to grill. This 4 ingredient recipe will leave your pork chops full of flavor and juicy.
Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops:
Grilling is one of my favorite ways to feed my family. The grill always makes our meat have that smokey flavor and you can make an entire meal right on the grill.
Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops is so easy to grill. The 4 ingredients that are added, leave the meat so full of flavor, tender and juicy. Plus the ingredients are simple pantry ingredients.
The next time you are looking for something to grill, skip the chicken and steaks and grab some bone-in pork chops. We love how quickly they grill and can be served in many different ways.
What type of Pork Chops are best to Grill?
We have grilled both boneless and bone-in pork chops and it depends on the thickness which one is better. Bone-in is are favorite to grill but they need to be at least one inch thick. You can also grill pork loin chops.
Boneless pork chops are good but they seem to get dried out faster than bone-in pork chops.
How to Grill Bone-In Pork Chops?
When preparing your pork chops to grill, make sure to preheat grill to 450 degrees. After seasoning your pork chops, place the bone in pork chops on the grill. Watch the pork chops closely so they don’t stay on the grill to long
Even a couple minutes to long can cause the pork chops to dry out. Pork chop can be grilled on a gas grill or a charcoal grill.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
How to Make Grilled Bone-In Pork Chops:
- Prepare your gas grill – Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Rub with oil – Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- Combine Seasoning – In a small bowl, whisk together all the seasonings: paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add Seasoning to Pork Chops – Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Grill Pork Chops – Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat). Grill for 2 minutes per side. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack).
- Continue Grilling – Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Rest, Serve and Enjoy – Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate. Then serve warm and enjoy!
What temperature do you grill Bone-In Pork Chops?
Grilling pork chops on a hot grill is important. We like to preheat the gas grill to about 450 degrees. This ensure that the grill is hot and ready to grill pork chops.
We like to have the meat have the charred taste to them. So that is why it is important to grill pork chops on a hot grill.
How long to Grill Bone-In Pork Chops?
Bone-in are flavorful pork chops. But they need need to be cooked the right length of time. Pork chops can be a little tricky to grill so that is why we always use a meat thermometer to ensure that we don’t under cook or over cook the pork chops. Plus to ensure that it is safe to eat.
When we grill pork chops we start off by cooking on the direct medium high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Then we place the pork chops on the other side of the grill. Which is were the indirect heat is for the remainder of the time.
We always watch closely because pork chops can get dry real fast if cooked even a minute to long.
What to serve with Pork Chops?
There are many sides that go perfectly with pork chops. When we grill, we like to make sides that can be make on the grill so it is easy cleanup. While your pork is cooking, you can prepare these amazing sides.
- How to Grill Bake Potatoes – The bake potatoes come out perfectly with the crispy skin and soft and hot on the inside.
- Grilled Carrots in Foil – This is our favorite way of making carrots.
- Macaroni and Cheese – This is a perfect oven recipe that come out so cheesy and delicious.
- See more easy Sides for Grilled Pork Chops
What are other ways I can make Bone-In Pork Chops?
There are multiple ways that you can cook bone-in pork chops. Growing up my mom always fried them and I have always fried them. Now I like to put them in the air fryer or bake them in the oven.
We think the bone-in pork chops always come out so tender and juicy and full of flavor. You can add different marinades to change the flavor.
How to Store Bone-In Pork Chops:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5 days. These porkchops are great leftovers. They make the perfect lunch the next day.
I like to meal prep with leftovers. With the pork rib chops, you can cut the pork chops off the bone and place in a microwave safe container with rice and a vegetables.
It can all be heated together and it saves my husband from hitting the drive-through at lunch.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bone-In Pork chops:
Grilled Bone In Pork Chops
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees F.
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the seasonings: paprika, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on each side of the pork chops and rub it into the pork.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat). Grill for 2 minutes per side. Then move the pork chops to indirect heat (upper rack).
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
- Let the pork chops rest for 5-10 minutes on a plate. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Pork Recipes:
- Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops Recipe
- How to Grill Pork Chops
- Grilled Pork Kabobs Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Grilled Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
- Easy Grilled Bratwurst Recipe