These Hot Honey Pork Chops is juicy, flavorful and easy to make. Adding the hot honey sauce to grilled pork chops makes the perfect weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This hot honey pork chops starts with a dry rub and ends with a delicious hot honey sauce. The combination of the homemade seasoning and the sauce makes for a delicious pork chop meal idea.
Your family will love the flavor, texture and just how delicious they are. They cook perfectly on the grill by you can also cook in a cast-iron skillet or bake in the oven.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Recipe
- Simple Ingredients – The spices that are used before grilling this recipe are simple. We also love the combination of the sweet and savory sauce that has the perfect amount of heat to it.
- Perfect Weeknight Meal – We cook a lot of chicken. So when pork chops are on the menu, my family is so excited. This is one of their favorites and is always requested.
- Quick and Easy – Pork chops grill quick and easy on the grill. You can use this glaze with bone-in or boneless pork chops.
- Bone-In Pork Chops
- Olive Oil
- Steak Seasoning
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Powder
For the Hot Honey
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cayenne Pepper
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Pork Chops – We love the flavor and the way bone-in pork chops cooks. But you can also use boneless pork chops or pork shoulders to use this seasoning and glaze on.
- Change the Seasoning – Feel free to season the pork chops with other seasoning. We have added in cloves garlic or garlic powder. Onion powder is also delicious added to this dish.
- Stove Top – If you prefer you can cook these pork chops on the stove top, it still is delicious. Cook in a cast iron skillet for the best results.
- Hot honey garlic Sauce – For delicious variation, you can add in soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and ginger. Make sure to heat over medium heat for best results.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
Step 2 – Combine Seasoning – In a small bowl, mix together the steak seasoning, brown sugar and chili powder.
Step 3 – Season Pork Chops – Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops. Then rub the seasoning mixture on the pork chops.
Step 4 – Add Pork Chops to Grill – Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat). Then cook for 4-5 minutes (do not touch it) until the pork releases from the grill.
Step 5 – Flip Pork Chops – Then flip the pork chops and cook the pork chops for 3-4 minutes. Cook on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill and they are golden brown.
Step 6 – Heat Hot Honey Sauce – While the pork chops are grilling, place the hot honey ingredients in a small saucepan. Then heat over medium high heat. Whisk the ingredients together and heat until the mixture is combined and thickened.
Step 7 – Baste Pork chops – Then baste both sides of the pork chops with the hot honey sauce. Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minute to caramelize the sauce on the pork chops.
Step 8 – Rest Pork Chops – Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy. We like to season with salt and pepper when serving.
- Hot Grill – Make sure to grill on a medium high heat and clean grill. This prevents the meat from sticking and giving you those beautiful grill marks. We like the grill to be hot for the best texture.
- Maple Glaze – Prepare the glaze in a saucepan and heat to a boil. This allows for the glaze to thicken. Remove from heat after simmer glaze. Then add to pork chops for the glaze to caramelize.
- Grilling Pork Chops –We recommend giving the pork chops a nice sear and grilling over direct heat. Then lower the heat and grill over indirect heat. This allows the pork chops to be tender and juicy.
- Meat Thermometer – Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check to make sure pork chops are cooked before serving.
These Hot Honey Pork Chops can be served with many different recipes. These are some of our favorite side dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
The hot honey sauce is added when pork chops are fully cook. Prepare the hot honey sauce in a sauce pan. Then baste the pork chops with the sauce and cook for additional 1 minute. This allows the sauce to caramelized on the pork chops.
Make sure that the pork chops have an internal temperature of 145 degrees F before serving. We use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the pork is cooked to a safe temperature before serving.
This is best instead of slicing the pork chops which could results in the release of the juices.
More Easy Pork Chop Recipes
If you make this Hot Honey Pork Chops Recipe, please leave us a comment or star review.
Hot Honey Pork Chops
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- In a small bowl, mix together the steak seasoning, brown sugar and chili powder.
- Rub the olive oil on both sides of the pork chops and rub the seasoning mixture on the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill (on direct heat) and cook for 4-6 minutes (do not touch it) until the pork releases from the grill. Then flip the pork chops and cook the pork chops for 3-5 more minutes on the opposite side until the pork releases from the grill.
- While the pork chops are grilling, place the hot honey ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat. Whisk the ingredients together and heat until the mixture is combined and thickened.
- Then baste both sides of the pork chops with the hot honey sauce. Cook each side of the pork chops for 1 minute to caramelize the sauce on the pork chops.
- Transfer the pork chops to a separate plate, let them rest for 3 minutes. Then the pork chops are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe