If you love zucchini then you must try these Parmesan Grilled Zucchini. Seasoned zucchini are placed on the grill and grilled to perfection.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe:
Easy Parmesan Zucchini is the perfect side dish to make the next time you grill. We love to roast zucchini but grilling zucchini directly on the grill gives the zucchini that perfect grill marks.
This side dish is simple to prepare and is budget friendly. The grill gives the zucchini so much smoky flavor. We love that the seasoning is simple and that it is always a family favorite.
Grilled Zucchini only takes a few minutes to cook and is easy to clean up. The next time you are hosting a BBQ grab some zucchini to slice and season. We love to grill zucchini with burgers, steaks and chicken
- Large Zucchini (cut in half lengthwise)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
How to Make Parmesan Grilled Zucchini in Foil:
- Step 1 – Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 2 – Preheat the grill over medium high heat. Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil to keep the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Step 3 – Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Step 4 – Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini. Allow it to set for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Step 5 – Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Zucchini:
After preparing the grill, place the seasoned zucchini spears on the grill. Allow the zucchini to grill on the direct heat for about 4 to 5 minutes. We like to leave on the grill until the zucchini is charred with grill marks.
Then flip the zucchini and grill for additional 3 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Grilling Zucchini – Grilling zucchini does not take long to cook tender. Prepare Grill – We prefer to grill our zucchini on medium high heat. This allows the zucchini to cook tender and the perfect grill marks. Make sure to oil the grill grates so the zucchini doesn’t stick.
- Seasoning Zucchini – Generously season zucchini by placing in a bowl and tossing with your hands or spoon.
- Parmesan Cheese – Once the zucchini is grilled to perfection, remove the zucchini and immediately top with parmesan cheese. It gives the zucchini so much flavor.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – We used shredded parmesan cheese but grated with work great too in this recipe.
- Zucchini Foil Packets – We love cooking our veggies in heavy duty aluminum foil. You can easily make zucchini grilled in foil. This allows for the pieces of foil to lock in the moisture and the zucchini still cooks tender.
- Bake Zucchini – We love roasting zucchini. You can easily make this recipe by placing the zucchini on baking sheets. Season and roast and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Seasoning – You can easily change the seasoning to what you have on hand. Italian seasoning is another one that I like to add to my veggies when I grill them.
- Add Other Vegetables – My favorite vegetable to add with the zucchini is squash. Squash and Zucchini grill perfectly and is the ultimate side dish to make in the summertime.
There are many different seasoning that you can use to season your zucchini and other vegetables. These are some of my favorite ways.
- Garlic Powder – Instead of minced garlic use garlic powder.
- Mozzarella Cheese – When you are done grilling zucchini top it with shredded mozzarella cheese. Allow it to melt before serving.
- Italian Seasoning – Add a teaspoon of Italian Seasoning for delicious flavor.
- Lemon Pepper – We love the flavor of lemon pepper to add to this delicious summer squash.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Grilled Parmesan Zucchini:
This is the ultimate summer side dish. It cooks quickly and easily on the grill and is always a family favorite. There are many way to season it and you can top it with different cheese.
We have even added some red pepper flakes to give it that extra flavor. The perfect side to grill with your steaks, pork chops, chicken and even grilled burgers.
Zucchini with Parmesan is also delicious leftover if you like to meal prep for the week.
Print Recipe for Parmesan Grilled Zucchini:
Parmesan Grilled Zucchini
- Place the cut zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Gently toss with your hands to coat the zucchini with the oil and seasonings.
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Clean the grill grates and rub them with an oil to keep the zucchini from sticking to the grill.
- Place the zucchini spears directly on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the zucchini is slightly charred. Flip and grill for 3-4 more minutes on the opposite side until the zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese on top of the zucchini. Allow it to set for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Remove from the grill. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Foil Pack Side Dish Recipes:
- Cheesy Foil Pack Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Zucchini in Foil
- Grilled Yellow Squash
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil