We love making this Cajun Foil Pack. It is loaded with flavor and makes for an easy cleanup. Place it on the grill, in the oven or perfect for your next camping trip.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Cajun Foil Pack Recipe:
This cajun shrimp foil packets make for a delicious weeknight meal. The cajun spices, veggies, and sausage all wrapped in aluminum foil sheets creates a delicious meal.
We loving making foil packs because how easy they are to clean up. It can be made in variety of ways. The foil packs seals in the ingredients to create delicious flavor.
Combine this cajun shrimp boil easily and place in heavy-duty aluminum foil to create a delicious shrimp boil foil packets. Serve with rice for a complete meal idea.
What is a Cajun Foil Pack?
Foil pack make the best dinner ideas. You can easily create a delicious dinner idea and everyone can create their own variation. Add in shrimp, sausage, and vegetables with seasoning to create the ultimate summertime meal.
This meal is perfect for a a weeknight meal or to make for your next BBQ. Everything cooks in the foil to lock in flavor and moisture. The results are perfectly cooked ingredients.
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Smoked Sausage (sliced into 1/2” which pieces)
- Medium Zucchini (sliced)
- Medium Squash (sliced)
- Red Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
- Small Red Onion (cut into chunks)
- Minced Garlic
- Cajun Seasoning
How to Make Cajun Foil Pack:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Prepare Foil Sheets – Cut 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil into approximately 12X12 inches. Then spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 3 – Toss Ingredients – In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients except for the butter.
- Step 4 – Divide Mixture – Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each sheets of foil. Then top each one with butter.
- Step 5 – Seal Packets – Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to create a closed packet.
- Step 6 – Place on Grill – Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until cooked through.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Carefully open the packets and serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Recipe Tips for Cajun Foil Packs:
- Prepare Vegetables – Cut and prepare vegetables ahead of time. We recommend cutting the vegetables in about the same size to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Spray Foil – To prevent the ingredient from sticking to the foil, make sure to spray with cooking spray. You can also prepare it with melted butter.
- Prepare Grill – Before placing the foil packs on the grill, make sure it has been preheated to medium heat.
- Opening Foil Pack – When the ingredients have finished grill, carefully open foil pack. The foil packs release a lot of steam that will be hot as you are opening foil packs.
- Grilling Packets – When grilling the foil pack you will flip them half way through to ensure that everything cooks.
- Make Ahead – To save time for your next BBQ prepare the foil packs ahead of time. You can prepare as far as 2 days in advance. Just make sure to store in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Aluminum Foil – We recommend using heavy duty aluminum foil when making shrimp foil pack dinners. The grill is so hot that you don’t want your foil to burn through or tear.
Cajun Shrimp Foil Pack Variation Ideas:
- Vegetables – Feel free to change the vegetables to what you prefer. You can add in corn on the cob, red potatoes, and more.
- Meat – We used shrimp and sausage in this recipe. But if you prefer, you can andouille sausage, chicken, or steak. All the flavors makes this foil pack so delicious.
- Seasoning – We love to use different types of seasoning. One of our favorites is old bay seasoning. But you can also add in cayenne, paprika, garlic powder and oregano.
- Serving – When serving these foil packs you can squeeze fresh lemon juice over the shrimp mixture.
- Spraying Foil – You can spray with cooking spray or you can drizzle with olive oil.
Can I Bake Cajun Foil Packs?
The great thing about Cajun Foil Packs is you can cook on the grill or in the oven. After preparing the sausage foil packets with the ingredients, fold and place on baking sheet.
You can also bake these packets for 15-17 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve with your favorite sides for a delicious indoor meal idea.
What to Serve with Cajun Foil Packs?
These foil packs are a complete meal since they are loaded with meats and vegetables. But we still like to serve with a side especially if we are feeding a crowd. These are some of our favorites.
- White Rice – White rice is an easy side dish. That I can easily cook in a rice cooker or in the slow cooker. I usually make a large batch and freeze for easy meals like this shrimp boil.
- Grilled Vegetable in Foil – If you are looking for an easy side dish that compliments any meal. Make Grilled Vegetables in Foil. They are healthy and versatile so you can use what you already have.
- Blackstone Fried Rice – If you love the Fried Rice you get at the Hibachi Restaurant. Then you are going to love this Blackstone Fried Rice. It is easy to make and taste amazing with easy ingredients.
How to Store Leftovers
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Shrimp and sausage foil is delicious leftover. Just reheat in the microwave for a delicious leftover meal idea.
Print Recipe for Cajun Foil Packs:
Cajun Foil Pack
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cut 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil into approximately 12X12 inches and spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together all the ingredients except for the butter.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each piece of foil and top each one with butter. Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to create a closed packet.
- Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until cooked through.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Foil Pack Recipes:
- Grilled Tilapia in Foil
- Grilled Shrimp in Foil
- Shrimp and Broccoli Foil Packs
- Foil Pack Nachos Recipe