Sausage Foil Pack makes an easy weeknight meal. Load the foil pack with veggies, sausage and simple seasoning for a flavorful meal idea.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Sausage Foil Pack Recipe:
Sausage potato foil packets make the best meal. They taste amazing and you can toss them on the grill or bake them in the oven. All it takes is a few simple ingredients to make this sausage and veggie a delicious meal idea.
We love making foil packet recipes because clean-up is a breeze. Everyone can create their own dinner and seal it in heavy-duty foil. This family favorite meal is loaded with flavorful and the busy weeknight meal idea.
This recipe is a complete meal idea, but feel free to add a side of garlic bread. I love the way the grill cooks this foil packet dinner. Because of how quick and easy it is and the smoky flavor.
- Baby Potatoes (cut in half)
- Kielbasa Sausage (12-14 ounces)
- Fresh Green Beans (trimmed)
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make Sausage Foil Pack:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Prepare Sheet of Foil – Cut 4 large sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil into approximately 12X12 inches. Then spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Step 3 – Add Ingredients – Add all the ingredients except for the butter to a large bowl. Then stir to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 4 – Divide Mixture – Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each piece of foil. Then top each one with 1 tablespoon of butter. Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to seal the foil.
- Step 5 – Grill – Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 15-20 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until the potatoes are fork tender. Cooking time may vary as it cook take up to 30-35 minutes to cook.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
Sausage Foil Pack Dinner Recipe Tips:
- Prepare Ingredients – Prepare the ingredients by slicing them about the same size. We like to slice the sausage in about 1-inch pieces.
- Foil Sheets – Prepare the foil sheets by spraying with cooking spray. This prevents the sausage and vegetables from sticking to the foil.
- Combining the Ingredients – Combine the ingredients with the seasoning until fully coated.
- Divide Mixture – If everyone is adding the same ingredients to the foil pack. Evenly divide them into the prepared sheets of foil.
- Opening Foil Pack – When the ingredients have finished grilling, carefully open foil pack. The foil packs release a lot of steam that will be hot as you are opening foil packs.
- Grilling Packets – When grilling the foil pack you will flip them half way through to ensure that everything cooks.
- Aluminum Foil – We recommend using heavy duty aluminum foil when making sausage foil pack dinners. The grill is so hot that you don’t want your foil to burn through or tear.
Sausage Foil Pack Variations:
- Sausage – Feel free to use different types of sausage to make this recipe. You can use smoked sausage, chicken sausage, or turkey sausage.
- Potatoes – Baby potatoes work great in this recipe. But you can also make it with Yukon Gold Potatoes or baby red potatoes.
- Other Vegetables – Feel free to add in other types of vegetables in this foil pack. Bell peppers, corn on the cob, or chopped broccoli.
- Seasoning Blend – We used simple seasoning in this recipe. Salt and pepper is a great start but you can also add in garlic powder, sprinkle fresh parsley and more.
How to Bake Sausage Foil Pack:
We love that you can make these sausage Foil Packs on the grill or in the oven. After preparing the sausage foil packets with the ingredients, fold and place on baking sheet pan.
- Bake these packets for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We recommend flipping the packet half way through cooking time.
- Cook until the sausage is crisp-tender and the vegetables are fork tender.
- Serve with your favorite sides for a delicious indoor meal idea.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This recipe is great to meal prep with for the week. Divide the mixture into individual containers for a great lunch.
More Easy Foil Pack Recipes:
Print Recipe for Sausage Foil Pack:
Sausage Foil Pack
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F).
- Cut 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil into approximately 12X12 inches and spray the foil into non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients except for the butter to a large mixing bowl and stir to thoroughly coat the ingredients with the seasoning mixture.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the center of each piece of foil and top each one with 1 tablespoon of butter. Then fold up the edges of the foil around the food to create a closed packet.
- Place the foil packets on the grill over direct heat. Grill for 15-20 minutes (flipping halfway through the cook time) until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe