We love making Grilled Smoked Sausage for an easy weeknight meal. These all beef sausage are seasoned with a dry rub and grilled to perfection.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
We love making smoked sausage on the stove top but it taste even better on the grill. It cooks tender and flavorful with the perfect grill marks. If you are looking for an easy pork recipe, try grilling smoked sausage.
We have even cooked Sausage and Peppers Foil Pack Recipe for a crowd pleasing meal.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
Grilled Smoked Sausage is the perfect addition to any summertime BBQ. Choose from a variety type of sausage found easily at the grocery store.
You can serve on a bun or just as it is. The dry rub gives the smoked sausage so much flavor and is made with simple spices.
- Smoked Sausage (like kielbasa or andouille)
- Avocado Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Spices – Feel free to add 1 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano for added flavor.
- Different Types of Sausage – You can also use different types of sausage when making this recipe on the charcoal grill or gas grill. Choose from Chicken Sausage, Italian Sausage, Chorizo, Bratwurst, or Brats.
- Cheese – For an easy appetizer, you can top the sausage with cheese for delicious flavor.
- Bacon – Wrap the grilled smoked sausage links in bacon for added smoky flavor and for a crispy texture.
Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat, around 350°F to 400°F.
- Step 2 – Pat the sausage dry with paper towels and rub the avocado oil on the outside of the sausages.
- Step 3 – In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dried thyme and oregano (if using). Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the outside of the sausages.
- Step 4 – Grill the sausage for about 6-8 minutes on grill grates, turning occasionally, until they are nicely browned and heated through.
- Step 5 – Remove the sausage from the grill. If desired slice, serve the grilled smoked sausage with a side of BBQ sauce or mustard.
- Grilling: Keep an eye on the grill as sausages can vary in cooking time. Rotate them for even cooking and to prevent burning.
- Meat temperature: Always ensure sausages are cooked to the recommended internal temperature of 160°F for pork and beef, 165°F for chicken or turkey.
- Cooking Methods – These smoked sausage can be sear on a skillet over medium heat. Cooked in the smoker or in the oven. That is why we love this recipe because they can be made throughout the year.
You can also add 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce or mustard for serving
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze smoked sausage by place in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve, thaw the smoked sausage in the fridge overnight. Then reheat in a skillet on the stovetop or in the microwave.
More Easy Sausage Recipes
If you try this Grilled Smoked Sausage Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Grilled Smoked Sausage
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat, around 350°F to 400°F.
- Pat the sausage dry with paper towels and rub the avocado oil on the outside of the sausages.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and dried thyme and oregano (if using). Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the outside of the sausages.
- Grill the sausage for about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until they are nicely browned and heated through.
- Remove the sausage from the grill. If desired, serve the grilled smoked sausage with a side of BBQ sauce or mustard.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe