If you love grilling hot dogs, add an extra step and make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs. They are crispy, juicy, delicious and easy to make.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe:
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs is a great way to add flavor and texture to your hot dogs. We love grilling out hamburgers and hot dogs, but with one extra step you can turn a regular hot dog into a crispy hot dog.
The bacon is easily wrapped around the hot dogs and cooked to a crisp on the grill or in the oven. They are perfect for picnics, barbecues or your game day parties. Top with your favorite toppings and they are always a crowd favorite.
How do you wrap a Hot Dog in Bacon:
Prepare you the area with the hot dogs on a plate. I like to go ahead and take them out of the package. Then have your toothpicks available with your bacon on a plate out of the package.
- Take a piece of bacon and begin wrapping a hot dog. We try to not overlap the thin slices of bacon so that it cooks complete.
- Depending on the size of the hot dog, you will need one bacon slice per hot dog.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick on end of the hot dog
- Hot Dogs
- Slices of Bacon
- Hot Dog Buns
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog on the Grill:
- Prepare Hot Dogs – Wrap each of the hot dogs with the slices of bacon. Making sure not to overlap the bacon so that it cooks evenly. Secure both ends of the bacon to the hot dog with toothpicks.
- Preheat Grill and Oil Grates – Preheat the grill over medium heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Rub the grill grates with olive oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray so that the hot dogs do not stick to the grill.
- Add hot dogs to grill – Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on the grill. Cook with the grill lid closed for 8-12 minutes (moving the bacon around the hot grill every 2-3 minutes) until the bacon is crisp and browned.
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove the hot dogs from the grill. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks. Then serve on the hot dog buns and enjoy!
Oven Baked Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs:
These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs can easily be prepared in your oven. This is the perfect option if it is to cold to grill outside.
- Prepare Hot Dogs – Prepare hot dogs as indicated by wrapping the hot dogs in bacon.
- Baking Sheet – Add bacon wrapped hotdogs to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. You like to line the baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and prevents hot dogs from sticking.
- Preheat Oven – Preheat oven to 400° F and then bake bacon hot dogs for about 13-16 minutes or until the bacon cooks evenly.
- Serve and Enjoy – Place hot dogs in a bun, add your favorite toppings and serve.
What are Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Called?
These bacon wrapped hot dogs originated in Mexican by street vendor. The hot dogs are wrapped in bacon and then deep fried. It is then served in a hot dog bun with your favorite toppings.
The great thing about this recipe as you can grill, place in the oven, or air fryer the hot dog. All great flavors and you don’t have to mess with deep frying the hot dog.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Topping Ideas:
- Red Onion
- BBQ Sauce
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs:
When we make these Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs, I usually serve the traditional BBQ sides.
- Pasta Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Potato Salad
- Baked Beans
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover hot dogs in an airtight container for up to 5 days. When you are ready to serve again, place the hot dogs in the oven or air fryer to heat up. We like try to make the crispy again.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 6 Hot Dogs
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 6 Hot Dog Buns
- Wrap each of the hot dogs with the slices of bacon. Making sure not to overlap the bacon so that it cooks evenly. Secure both ends of the bacon to the hot dog with toothpicks.
- Preheat the grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Rub the grill grates with olive oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray so that the hot dogs do not stick to the grill.
- Place the bacon wrapped hot dogs on the grill and cook with the grill lid closed for 8-12 minutes (turning them every 2-3 minutes) until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Remove the hot dogs from the grill. Allow them to sit for 5 minutes. Remove the toothpicks. Then serve on the hot dog buns and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe