Blackstone Brats is a simple meat to grill on your Blackstone. The Brats cook to a crispy texture and juicy on the inside.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Brats Recipe:
Bratwurst on the Blackstone is one of our favorites meats to grill. When we grill out burgers, we like to add this flavorful meat as pairs perfectly with a juicy burger. Brats are perfect for a BBQ or a weeknight meal.
There is no preparation needed to grill the brats. No need to marinate the brats, they are ready to grill once you open the package. Blackstone Brats are perfect to grill when you are out camping or at home.
You can even grill these Blackstone Brats with peppers and onions. Slice and serve with rice or place on a bun. They are a crowd favorite and are easy to prepare.
What are Brats?
Bratwurst is German sausage made of pork, veal or beef but Bratwurst is most commonly made of Pork. Bratwurst is usually served with potato salad or sauerkraut and topped on a white bun.
There are two types of Brats that you can get at your local grocery store. They have brats that are uncooked or precooked brats. The precooked brats are usually located where the hot dogs are.
If you are wanting the raw brats, they are usually located in the meat market counter.
- Avocado Oil
- Bratwurst Buns
- Sauerkraut (optional)
How to Cook Brats on Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Blackstone Grill – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat. It should be approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add Oil to Grill – Drizzle the avocado oil onto the grill and use a spatula to spread it out. Turn off one side of the grill.
- Add Brats to Griddle – Place the bratwursts on the side of the grill that is turned off (indirect heat).
- How Long do you Cook Brats – Cook for 15-20 minutes turning approximately every 5-7 minutes until the bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. They will also turn a golden brown.
- Continue Cooking – Transfer the brats to the hot side of the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side to brown the bratwursts. Remove the brats from the grill and they are ready to serve.
- Heat Buns – Warm the buns by either microwaving them for 30-60 seconds or placing them over indirect heat on the grill for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve and Enjoy – Then serve the bratwursts in the buns topped with the sauerkraut and enjoy!
Tips for Cooking Brats on Blackstone:
- Cook Different kinds of Brats – You can easily use this recipe to cook Italian sausage or any flavor of bratwursts that you prefer or love.
- Place on Low Heat Side – We recommend starting the bratwurst on the indirect heat side. This allows for the brats to cook nice in slow to achieve that crispy texture and juicy on the inside.
- Cooking Temperature – Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure your bratwurst is cooked. But it needs to be inserted in the right place so you do not release any of the juice.
Insert the thermometer at the center of the brats through the end of the casing.
How to Serve Blackstone Brats:
When serving brats, we like to serve them topped with sauerkraut in a hot dog bun. You can also cook peppers and onions with an amazing meal idea.
We like to toast the bun so it is crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Add mustard then your brats for the perfect weeknight meal.
What to Serve with Brats on Blackstone:
There many things that can be served with Blackstone Brats. If possible, we like to make sides that cook on the Blackstone for an easy cleanup. Here are some of our favorites:
- Blackstone Sweet Potato Fries – It takes minutes to prepare these frozen fries and they are the perfect side dish. We love Blackstone Griddle Recipes and these fries are a family favorite.
- Blackstone Smashed Tator Tots – Blackstone Smashed Tator Tots is a fun way to serve tator tots. The Frozen Tater Tots go directly on the griddle and then are smashed to make a yummy side dish.
- Broccoli on the Blackstone – If you are wanting a low carb make a vegetable on the Blackstone. They come out perfectly crisp with added flavor. You can also season with garlic powder.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover bratwursts in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Brats:
- 6 Bratwursts
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 6 Bratwurst Buns
- Sauerkraut optional
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Drizzle the avocado oil onto the grill and use a spatula to spread it out. Then turn off one side of the grill. Place the bratwursts on the side of the grill that is turned off (indirect heat). Cook for 15-20 minutes turning approximately every 5 minutes until the bratwurst reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Move the bratwursts to the hot side of the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side to brown the bratwursts.
- Warm the buns by either microwaving them for 30-60 seconds or placing them over indirect heat on the grill for 30-60 seconds.
- Then serve the bratwursts in the buns topped with the sauerkraut and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe