Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken is full of flavor and easy to make. If you love jalapeño poppers, then you are going to love this recipe.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken Recipe:
This jalapeño popper stuffed chicken is low carbs and perfect if you are following the keto friendly diet. Jalapeno chicken poppers is flavorful and easy to make. This recipe is perfect to throw on the grill or bake in the oven.
Any recipe that involves crispy bacon you know it is going to be delicious. Adding the diced jalapenos, cheese, and simple seasoning makes this chicken recipe so delicious.
This jalapeno stuffed chicken can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish. Add your favorite side dish to complete your meal. It is always a crowd favorite and easy to make. One of our favorite popper recipes.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Jalapenos
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Slices Bacon (do not use thick cut)
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Chicken on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Step 2 – Prepare Jalapenos – Dice the jalapeno peppers. Remove the pepper seeds and ribs before dicing.
- Step 3 – Combine Ingredients – Place the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos in a bowl. Then stir in salt, and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Step 4 – Cut Chicken – Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast. Taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Step 5 – Fill Chicken Breast – Fill the pocket of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Step 6 – Wrap in Bacon – Wrap each chicken breast tightly with two slices of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks, if needed.
- Step 7 – Place Chicken – Place on a preheated grill or grill pan.
- Step 8 – Grill Stuffed Chicken Breast – Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Cook until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Step 9 – Serve and Enjoy – Let the chicken rest for 5 to 15 minutes. Then slice and serve.
How Long to Grill Jalapeno Popper Chicken:
Once you have preheated your grill to about 400 degrees and oiled it. Then place the prepared bacon wrapped chicken on the grill.
Grill the chicken breast for about 20-30 minutes flipping chicken to ensure the bacon doesn’t burn. To ensure your chicken is cooked, it is recommended to get a meat thermometer.
You also want to make sure the bacon is crispy to what you prefer.
How to tell when Chicken is Cooked:
You will know that your chicken is done by checking the internal temperature. Once your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees, then you chicken is done. Insert the meat thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken.
It is better to check your chicken this way, rather than slicing. You want to let your chicken rest before slicing to ensure that it holds all of its juices.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Recipe Tips:
- Meat Thermometer – Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked. This ensures the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature before enjoying.
- Prepare Jalapenos – Make sure to prepare the jalapenos ahead of time. Wash, remove seeds and membranes and dice. Removing the seeds cuts down on how spicy the mixture is.
- Cutting Chicken – Cut the chicken to create a pocket. This is where the cream cheese mixture is going to go. Make sure that you do not cut all the way through.
- Cream Cheese – When combining the ingredients with the cream cheese, make sure it has softened to room temperature. This helps to have a smooth and creamy texture.
- Securing Bacon – To make sure the bacon stays wrapped around the chicken, we like to secure it with a toothpick. If you do not secure the bacon, it could come off when grilling.
- Rest Chicken – After removing chicken from the grill, allow the chicken to rest before serving. This helps to lock in the juices and flavoring.
- Indirect Heat – If you find that the bacon is burning, you can move the chicken over to indirect heat. This allow the chicken to continue cooking without burning the bacon.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Chicken?
This recipe can be served with many different side dishes. We love to serve with side dishes that we can make on the grill. But you can choose your favorite.
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Grilled Green Beans
- Mashed Potato
- Roasted Broccoli
- Grilled Asparagus
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftover in an air tight containers for up to 4 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or in the air fryer to make the bacon crispy again.
Print Recipe for Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken:
Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Dice the jalapeno peppers. Remove the pepper seeds and ribs before dicing.
- Place the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl; stir to combine.
- Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Fill the pocket of each chicken breast with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap each chicken breast tightly with two slices of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks, if needed.
- Place on a preheated grill or grill pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. then slice and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe