Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is a delicious recipe that is easy to make. Oven baked bacon is wrapped around the shrimp for a tasty grilled meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe:
Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp is simple to make with easy ingredients. Pre cooking the bacon in the oven is the secret to get crispy bacon and juicy grilled shrimp. This recipe takes less than 30 minutes and you have an amazing seafood dish.
These grilled recipe takes your shrimp to the next level. Everything taste better wrapped in bacon. Like our Grilled Bacon Wrapped Dates, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Green Beans or our Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are great served as a main dish or on top of your salad. Serve them as an appetizer too. The shrimp is juicy, flavorful and the perfect meal any day of the week.
What type of Shrimp do I use?
When we grill shrimp we like to use the large, jumbo or colossal shrimp. We buy the shrimp that is already peeled and deveined. But you can grill shrimp with the peel on. I like to keep things easy, so I look for the shrimp that is already peeled.
We prefer to buy shrimp that is uncooked and that is what this recipe calls for. But you can use the precooked shrimp but it does shrink in size when grilled.
- Large Shrimp (peeled and deveined, tail-on)
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Bacon, cut in half
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet.
- Step 2 – Then bake for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool.
- Step 3 – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Rub the grill grates with an oil so that the bacon wrapped shrimp does not stick to the grill grates.
- Step 4 – Add the shrimp, olive oil and salt and pepper and other seasonings to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Step 5 – Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a slice of the bacon securing the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Step 6 – Grill the bacon wrapped shrimp for 4-6 minutes per side until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Step 7 – Remove from the grill. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
How to Grill Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Grilling Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is easy to do. We recommend baking the bacon on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes. This helps to bacon to cook crispy while on the grill. You can also use precooked bacon.
Once you have secure the bacon around the jumbo shrimp, place on a preheated grill. Make sure to oil the grates so the bacon does not stick. Grill each shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side or until your bacon is crispy.
Do not use thick cut bacon for this recipe. It takes too long to cook and is difficult to wrap around the shrimp.
How Long Should Shrimp be Gilled:
Once you have seasoned and wrapped the shrimp in the bacon, you will grill the bacon wrapped shrimp for about 5 minutes on each side. Stay close by the grill as the fat from the bacon could cause the flames to get to high.
This could cause the bacon to burn.
- Spicy Seasoning– If you want to add some spice to your recipe, add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Olive Oil and Lemon Juice – Toss to coat the shrimp with Olive oil and Lemon Juice and grill at your next backyard BBQ.
- Italian Seasoning Blend – We use simple oregano and paprika but you can easily sprinkle with an Italian Seasoning Blend for added flavor.
- Barbecue Sauce – After the shrimp is finished cooking, brush the shrimp with BBQ sauce.
How to Serve Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp can be served as a main dish, appetizer or your salad. They are easy to eat and make a delicious seafood dish.
- Make Shrimp Tacos – Once you have finished grilling your bacon wrapped shrimp, wrap them in a tortilla topped with your favorite tacos toppings. You can also do shrimp fajitas.
- Grilled Shrimp Salad – Top your favorite salad with grilled shrimp. This a nice change from the normal grilled chicken.
- Shrimp Fried Rice – Make Shrimp Fried Rice right in your skillet. If you have leftover white rice toss with your shrimp and veggies.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the cut bacon slices on a wire rack on top of a foil lined baking sheet. Then bake for 10 minutes. Transfer them to a plate lined with a paper towel to cool.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Rub the grill grates with an oil so that the bacon wrapped shrimp does not stick to the grill grates.
- Add the shrimp, olive oil and seasonings to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Wrap each piece of the shrimp with a piece of the bacon securing the bacon to the shrimp with a toothpick. Continue until all the shrimp is wrapped with bacon.
- Grill the bacon wrapped shrimp for 4-6 minutes per side until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Remove from the grill. Let sit for 5 minutes. Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe