If you are looking for an easy appetizer for game day, make Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers. This delicious snack only requires 3 ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers Recipe is an easy appetizer that is great for the big game or as a snack. Jalapeno’s are sliced and cleaned then filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Also try Grilled Jalapeno Popper Chicken
The poppers are then grilled to perfection to give this appetizer amazing flavor. The peppers get tender and the bacon is cook to a crispy tex.ture. Every bite is filled with amazing flavor.
BBQ appetizer or a game day treat, these Jalapeno Poppers are a crowd favorite. They only require 3 ingredients and are easy to make. So much cheesy goodness, bacon and more make this the perfect game day snack or party appetizer.
What are Jalapeño Poppers?
Jalapeno poppers or jalapeno bites is an easy appetizer that is perfect for game day or as a snack. Jalapeno’s are simply sliced and hollowed out by remove the seeds and membranes. The jalapeno is then stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon.
There are a variety of ways to make these poppers. You can add in cheddar cheese, spices including garlic powder, ground meat or leave off the bacon. These poppers can be grilled, bacon or put in the air fryer.
- Slice Bacon
- Cream Cheese
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers on the Grill:
- 1st Step – Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and ribs. I even cut the stem of the jalapeno while cleaning the jalapeno.
- 2nd Step – Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of cream cheese into the middle of each jalapeño.
- 3rd Step – Then wrap a slice of the bacon around each of the jalapeños and secure the bacon onto the jalapeño with a toothpick. We used thick cut bacon, but you can classic cut as well.
- 4th Step – Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Then place the bacon wrapped jalapeños directly on the grill and cook for 15 minutes to 25 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crispy.
- 5th Step – Rotate the bacon approximately every 2-3 minutes to keep them from burning. You can even move them on the indirect heat side of the grill if they are burning.
- 7th Step – Remove from the grill and let the set for approximately 5 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then serve and enjoy.
What temperature do you Grill Jalapeño Poppers?
After you have prepared the Jalapeno Poppers, preheat grill to about 400 degrees. We like to get our grill really hot as it helps to crisp the bacon and cook the jalapenos tender.
What goes good with Jalapeño Poppers?
We make these Jalapeno Poppers with many different types of foods and for any occasions. We like to prepare them ahead of time and it makes it easy to throw on the grill while we are grilling out.
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs – The bacon is easily wrapped around the hot dogs and cooked to a crisp on the grill or in the oven.
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken – Easy and delicious grilled chicken recipe that is a perfect recipe to make when grilling poppers.
- Oklahoma Fried Hamburger – If you are grilling out hot dogs and hamburgers, make a side of these jalapenos. They make an easy appetizer for your guest to enjoy.
Can you Freeze Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers?
Yes, these are the perfect appetizer to make ahead of time. You can easily prepare the poppers as indicated and place them on a aluminum foil lined baking sheet and freeze them.
Once the poppers are frozen individual, place them in a zip lock freezer bag and place them in the freezer.
We love to meal prep and if I know that I am having friends over, you can easily prepare these. Then when your guest arrive, grill them straight from the freezer and they turn out amazing.
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers in the Oven?
If you wanting jalapeno poppers but it is cold outside, make them in your oven. The bacon will still crisp up and the jalapeno will still cook tender.
Place the bacon wrapped jalapeños on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
We have even made them in our air fryer and they turned out crispy and delicious.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We recommend waiting until the bacon wrapped poppers are at room temperature and then place them in the airtight container.
Easy 3 Ingredient Appetizer:
This Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers recipe is amazing. Only 3 ingredients to make the best bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. Try this easy appetizer recipe today.
I love simple recipes like this because it makes it so easy to enjoy great snacks without a ton of time or money. Plus, the jalapeno flavor and delicious cheese mixture is out of this world.
This is probably one of our favorite appetizer to make. It is so versatile and makes a great snack for Game Day, holidays, parties or just because.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 6 Jalapeños
- 12 slices Bacon
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- Cut the jalapeños in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and membrane.
- Spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of cream cheese into the middle of each jalapeño. Then wrap a slice of the bacon around each of the jalapeños and secure the bacon onto the jalapeño with a toothpick.
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Then place the bacon wrapped jalapeños directly on the grill and cook for 20-25 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crispy. Rotate the bacon approximately every 2-3 minutes to keep them from burning.
- Remove from the grill and let the set for approximately 5 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe