Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple combines the sweet, salty and smoky flavors for an amazing appetizer. Easy to make with simple ingredients.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Recipe:
If you are looking for a sweet, salty and refreshing appetizer make these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple. We love to have friends and family over and this recipe makes for an easy appetizer.
Fresh Pineapple is cut into spears, is delicious in our Grilled Pineapple Recipe, but then wrapped with bacon and grilled just makes it even more amazing.
To add sweetness to the pineapple we added a brown sugar and maple syrup glaze. We love the flavor it added and it only required two ingredients.
If you are looking for something new to grill for your next BBQ, make a new appetizer. These Bacon Wrapped Pineapple are always a crowd favorite. The kids and adults all loved them and was asking for more.
- Pineapple (cut into spears ½” thick)
- Thick Bacon
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat a grill over medium heat. Oil the grill grates so that the bacon does not stick to the grates.
- Wrap Pineapple – Wrap the bacon strips around a piece of pineapple spear and secure it to the pineapple with a toothpick. Make sure that both sides of the piece of bacon are secured so you may need to use 2 toothpicks.
- Add Pineapple to Grill – Place the bacon wrapped pineapple on the hot grill. Then grill for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side to brown the bacon.
- Grill Pineapple – Then move the pineapple to indirect heat and cook for 5-7 minutes until the bacon is cooked and crispy.
- Prepare Glaze – While the pineapple is cooking, stir together the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Remove from grill and apply glaze – Remove from the grill and place on a cooling rack. Brush the pineapples with the maple syrup and brown sugar mixture immediately while warm. Serve warm and then enjoy.
How to Grill Bacon Wrapped Pineapple:
Grilling bacon wrapped pineapple is easy to do if you prepare your grill by oiling the grates. Place the bacon wrapped pineapple on the indirect heat for a few minutes to allow the bacon to get brown.
Then move the pineapple to indirect heat and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy. This will take about 5 to 7 minutes but cooking time will vary.
Can I Make Bacon Wrapped Pineapple in the Oven?
Yes, these you can easily make this recipe in the oven.
- Prepare your pineapple as indicated in wrapping the pineapple with bacon and securing with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray or a lined baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place in preheated oven at 375 degrees. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon gets crispy.
- Bacon – A thick cut bacon works the best in this recipe.
- Secure Bacon – Make sure to secure the bacon with toothpicks. You may even need to use two toothpicks.
- Prepare Grill – To prevent the bacon wrapped pineapple from sticking to the grill, make sure to oil the grates.
- Cut Bacon – If you are using smaller size of pineapple, you may need to cut the bacon.
- Pineapple – We purchased a whole pineapple and made this recipe. But you can easily purchase fresh pineapple that is already been cut. Whatever works for your family.
- Change the Sweetener – We used maple syrup but you can use honey and brown sugar if you prefer.
- BBQ Sauce – Brush the pineapple with BBQ Sauce for a smokey and tangy flavor.
- Pineapple Size Chunks – We cut our pineapple in spears, but you can cut them in pineapple chunks. Just be careful that they do not fall through the grill grates. Bacon Wrapped Pineapple Bites are perfect for the grill or the oven.
- Brown Sugar – You can use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served immediately but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
When you are ready to serve again, I would place in the oven to reheat or the air fryer. This will make the bacon crispy again.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Pineapple:
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- 1 Pineapple cut into spears ½” thick
- 24 Slices Thick Bacon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- Preheat a grill over medium heat and oil the grill grates so that the bacon does not stick to the grates.
- Wrap the bacon around a pineapple spear and secure it to the pineapple with a toothpick. Make sure that both sides of the bacon are secured so you may need to use 2 toothpicks.
- Place the bacon wrapped pineapple on the hot grill and grill for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side to brown the bacon.
- Then move the pineapple to indirect heat and cook for 5-7 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- While the pineapple is cooking, stir together the brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Remove from the grill. Brush the pineapples with the maple syrup and brown sugar mixture immediately while warm. Serve warm and then enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe