Grilled Pineapple slices is a delicious side dish or dessert option to make the next time your grill. You only need a few ingredients for this easy recipe.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Pineapple Slices Recipe:
This Easy Grilled Pineapple Recipe is the perfect amount of sweetness when served as a side dish or a dessert option. The grilled pineapple curbs my sweet tooth, when I want something sweet but looking for a healthy option.
We love to make our sides on the grill when grilling out our favorite meats. This Grilled Pineapple Recipe and Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple are family favorites. If you love pineapple as much as we do, then these grilled pineapple recipes are sure to become family favorites.
Adding this delicious brown sugar glaze takes your slice pineapple to the next level. These pineapples are the perfect recipe to add to the grill the next time you BBQ.
- Fresh Pineapple (peeled, cored and cut into ¾ inch thick slices)
- Butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
How to Grill Pineapple:
- Step 1 – Prepare grill – Preheat the outdoor grill over medium high heat (approximately 375 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine brown sugar ingredients – In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Step 3 – Add pineapple to grill – Place the pineapple slices on the grill over direct heat.
- Step 4 – Grill – Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 – Flip Pineapple – Flip the pineapple slices and baste them with the brown sugar mixture.
- Step 6 – Continue Cooking – Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Step 7 – Flip pineapple – Turn them and baste the other side of the pineapple.
- Step 8 – Cook Pineapple – Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the pineapple is tender.
- Step 9 – Serve – Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
How Long to Grill Pineapple:
Once you have cut your pineapple into slices and preheated the grill, place your slices on the grill. Cook the pineapple on one side for about 2 minutes per side. Then flip and cook for additional 2 minutes.
After the Pineapple is browned, brush the Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Glaze. We glaze the pineapple the first time we flip. Then flip again after a few minutes to glaze the other side.
Continue to cook pineapple until your desired tenderness and until grill marks appear.
Tips for Grilling Pineapple:
- Choosing a Pineapple – When picking a pineapple choose one that has a firm shell but slightly soft. Most grocery stores have them available year round and you may be able to find them already cut.
- Cutting the Pineapple – Once you have peeled the outer skin, now cut the pineapple in half. Then cut into fourths on cutting board. Then begin slicing each section into fourths. Depending on the size of your pineapple you should get about 10 pieces.
- Grilling Pineapple – Stay close by while you are grilling the pineapple. You will grill over the direct heat only a few minutes on each side.
- Glaze Ingredients – Combine ingredients in a small bowl before basting the pineapple.
- Pineapple Spears – You can easily use pineapple pears instead of slicing the pineapple if you prefer.
- Honey – Honey is a good substitute for brown sugar. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness and a healthy alternative. You can also do half brown sugar and half honey.
- Spicy – If you love to add a little kick to the pineapple, sprinkle some seasoning. We like to sprinkle cayenne pepper or chili powder into the glaze.
- Citrus Flavor – For added citrus flavor, you can squeeze in fresh lime juice or lemon into the glaze. Brush the pineapple with this delicious citrus glaze.
- Grill Pan – Instead of placing the pineapple rings directly on the grill, you can place them in a grill pan.
How to Serve Grilled Pineapple:
- Chicken – We like to grill chicken and add these grilled pineapple rings to the top. You can add a side of white rice for a complete meal.
- Dessert – These sweet pineapple would be delicious on top of some of vanilla ice cream.
- Pork Tenderloin – These pineapple would be delicious served with grilled pork tenderloin.
- Salsa – After grilling the pineapple, you can easily dice it up and place it some fresh salsa. Would be delicious served over some salmon or shrimp tacos.
- Pizza – If you are making homemade pizza, dice up the pineapple and place it on the pizza. Canadian bacon and pineapple is one of my favorite pizzas.
How to Cook Pineapple on Stove Top:
These pineapple can be cooked indoors with an indoor skillet. Place the pineapple in a skillet and cook one side and then flip. Top the cook side with the brown sugar glaze and continue cooking until pineapple is tender for an easy side dish.
How to Store Leftovers:
These are best served fresh but you can refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. This grilled pineapple is delicious served cold as well.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Pineapple:
Grilled Pineapple Slices
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 375 degrees F).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices and baste them with the brown sugar mixture. Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Turn them and baste the other side of the pineapple. Cook for 1-2 more minutes until the pineapple is tender.
- Remove from the grill. Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Side Dish:
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Grilled Yellow Squash
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Grilled Recipe