Grilled Bacon Wrapped Dates are the perfect appetizer. They are sweet and savory and full of flavor. Make on the grill or in the oven for an easy side.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Dates Recipe:
If you like Dates, then you need to try these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Dates. They are the perfect combination of sweet and savory to make an amazing appetizer. The dates are stuffed with goat cheese and then grilled perfectly.
Bacon makes everything better especially when wrapped over dates. These are sure to please your guest at any party. The bacon is grilled to a crunchy crisp while keeping the dates moist and flavorful with the goat cheese.
Impress your guest at your next game day party with this BBQ appetizer. They take just about 15 minutes to grill and your guest be wanting more.
What types of Dates do you use?
If you are grilling dates, we recommend using the Medjool Dates. They are larger in size and have a hint of sweetness to them. They also hold up when grilling. These types of dates are usually found in your produce section at the store.
- Pitted Dates – If your dates are already pitted, great. Just cut them and add your goat cheese filling.
- Pit Dates – If your dates do have a pit, use a knife to cut the dates and remove the pit. Then stuff the dates with your goat cheese to prepare for grilling.
- Goat Cheese, softened
- Fresh Chopped Parsley (optional)
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Dates on the Grill:
- Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cut Bacon and Dates – Cut each bacon in half and cut each of the dates in half lengthwise.
- Remove Pits and add Goat Cheese – Remove the pits in the dates and use a small spoon to put goat cheese in the cavity of each of the dates. Then press the stuffed date pieces back together.
- Wrap Piece of Bacon around Dates – Wrap each of the dates with a strips of the bacon and secure it to the date with a toothpick.
- Grill Dates – Place them on the grill and grill for 10-15 minutes flipping every few minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Remove and Rest Dates – Remove the dates from the grill and let the dates sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy – Top the sweet and salty dates with the fresh chopped parsley and then they are ready to serve and enjoy! These creamy cheese dates are delicious straight from the grill.
How Long to Grill:
When grilling bacon wrapped dates, we recommend staying close by the grill. Because the bacon has a high fat content, it doesn’t take long for them to grill. We recommend flipping the dates several times to prevent from burning.
It usually takes about 20 minutes to get the bacon crispy.
Tips for Bacon Wrapped Dates:
- Grilling Dates – Stay close by when grilling. We recommend allowing the gas grill to reach a temperature of 400 degrees. To prevent the dates from burning, flip the dates constantly.
- Serve Warm – The Bacon Wrapped Dates are best served warm.
- Pit the Dates – Before grilling, if you bough sweet dates that have a pit, make sure to remove it. Use a knife to cut the pits out.
- Seam Side – Wrap the bacon around the bacon making sure to close with a toothpick on the seem side. This ensure that the pit doesn’t open.
- Cheese – Instead of goat cheese, you can also stuff with cream cheese or blue cheese. Both are a delicious combination with the dates.
Can I Make these in the Oven?
Yes, you can make these in the oven. Prepare Bacon Wrapped Dates as indicated. Then place them on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees then place prepared dates in the oven.
Bake for about 10 minutes and then flip dates. Bake for another 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Can you Freeze Uncooked Bacon Wrapped Dates?
Bacon Wrapped Dates can made ahead of time and refrigerator or placed in the freezer. If you plan on freezing them, place them on a baking sheet to freeze them individually.
Then once they are frozen, place in an air tight container or freezer bag and freeze. They will last about a month in the freezer.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We like to reheat in the oven or air fryer so the bacon is crispy again.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Wrapped Dates:
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 20 Dates
- 6 oz Goat Cheese softened
- 10 slices of Bacon
- Fresh Chopped Parsley optional
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Cut each bacon in half and cut each of the dates in half lengthwise. Remove the pits in the dates and use a small spoon to put goat cheese in the cavity of each of the dates. Then press the date pieces back together.
- Wrap each of the dates with a piece of the bacon and secure it to the date with a toothpick.
- Place them on the grill and grill for 10-15 minutes flipping every few minutes until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Remove the dates from the grill and let the dates sit for 5 minutes.
- Top the dates with the fresh chopped parsley and then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Bacon Wrapped Recipes:
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pickles Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pineapple
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob Recipe