The best Grilled Green Beans Recipe. Simple, easy and delicious. The perfect grilled side dish recipe to try today with any grilled meats.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
If you are looking for a delicious way to enjoy fresh green beans, make these Grilled Green Beans. These green beans are grilled to prefect and packed with smoky flavor.
Grilled Side Dish Recipes make any meal complete. Green beans as a side dish always is a family favorite. Try Grilled Green Beans in Foil, Smoked Green Beans and Blackstone Green Beans. We have even made Bacon Wrapped Green Beans.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
Green beans is a simple side dish that can be prepared many different ways. When grilling the green beans the texture because caramelized, crispy and always full of flavor.
Add your favorite seasoning to create a side dish that everyone will love. Green beans are healthy that are full of fiber and nutrients.
- Fresh Green Beans (washed and trimmed)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Wedges (for serving)
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full list of ingredients and recipe in the recipe card.
- Oil – We used olive oil in this recipe but feel free to use avocado oil or coconut oil.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – These delicious vegetables is even better squeezed with fresh lemon juice. Add minced garlic cloves for even more flavor. We even like to top with parmesan cheese or feta cheese as soon as they are grilled.
- Seasoning – These green beans taste delicious with a little bit of sea spices. We have added fresh herbs and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper for a little bit of kick. Another delicious addition is a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning with paprika
- Balsamic Vinegar – Balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite sauces to toss green beans before grilling. You can even drizzle a little on top after grilling.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the grill to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Clean and cut the ends of the fresh green beans.
- Step 3 – Pat the green beans dry with a paper towel.
- Step 4 – Place them in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon on top and sprinkle the salt and pepper and garlic powder on top. Toss to coat the green beans in the oil and seasoning mixture.
- Step 5 – Place the green beans directly on top of the grill grates of the grill. Grill them for approximately 4-5 minutes per side until the green beans are tender and browned.
- Step 6 – Remove the green beans from the grill. Serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
How to Prepare Green Beans:
Before grilling green beans it is important to wash and trim the green beans.
- Place the green beans in a colander and wash with cold water.
- Then dry the green beans and place on a cutting board.
- Line a handful of green beans together and with a sharp knife cut the ends off.
- Then the green beans are ready to grill.
- Combine Ingredients – Toss the oil and seasoning with the green beans in a large bowl. Ensure that they green beans are completely covered with the seasoning. This allows the green beans to taste amazing.
- Grilling Green Beans – After placing the prepared green beans on the grill allow to grill for about 4 minutes on each side. Then flip the green beans with tongs to cook the green beans on both sides.
- Aluminum Foil – If you make this recipe in foil, make sure to use heavy duty foil.
- Blanche Green Beans – There is no need to blanche the green beans before placing on the grill.
We love making green beans directly on the grill but you can also cook them in a grill basket, grill pan or wrapped in aluminum foil packets. If making these green beans in one of these methods you can easily add other vegetables.
Add in chopped onions, tomatoes, carrots or sweet potatoes. It is even delicious with chopped broccoli and brussels sprouts. We have even added in chopped bacon for delicious flavor.
Green beans are even delicious cooked in a cast iron skillet with melted butter over medium heat. Add in asparagus with cherry tomatoes for a delicious vegetable medley.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store any leftover green beans in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Store the leftover charred green beans in a freezer safe container after it has cooled to room temperature. If stored correctly, the green beans will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to reheat you can easily reheat in the microwave. We love reheating in the oven with the broiler to crisp them up.
More Easy Grilled Side Dishes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Grilled Green Beans Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Grilled Green Beans
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Clean and cut the ends of the fresh green beans.
- Pat the green beans dry with a pepper towel.
- Place them in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and sprinkle the pepper, salt and garlic powder on top. Toss to coat the green beans in the oil and seasoning mixture.
- Place the green beans directly on top of the grill grates and grill them for approximately 4-5 minutes per side until the green beans are tender and browned.
- Remove the green beans from the grill. Serve with the lemon wedges and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe