Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts is a delicious and flavor grilled chicken recipe. The ingredients are simple and the perfect weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts Recipe:
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken is marinated in a delicious Mediterranean marinade to give your chicken breast so much flavor. We eat a lot of grilled chicken, so we love to marinate the chicken in an easy marinade.
I love to make delicious and healthy meals for my family, and this one is a family favorite. The chicken grills perfectly with amazing grill marks and a juicy center. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner and also perfect for a crowd.
We love this simple ingredient marinade. The combination of the seasoning gives the chicken so much flavor. Add your favorite sides to complete this delicious chicken recipe.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Olive Oil
- Lemons (juiced)
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Dried Oregano
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – Whisk all the ingredients except for the chicken in a small mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Pound Chicken – Pound the chicken in between pieces of wax paper or in a ziplock bag so that they are approximately 1/4-1/2” thick.
- Step 3 – Place chicken in a bowl – Place the chicken in a large bowl or large zip lock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the chicken.
- Step 4 – Marinade the Chicken – Refrigerate and allow it to marinade for at least 1 hour up to 12 hours.
How to Make Mediterranean Grilled Chicken:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Then preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Oil the Grates – Rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Step 3 – Place chicken on grill – Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 4 – Remove Chicken – Remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
What to Serve with Mediterranean Grilled Chicken:
When we grill out, we like to grill our side dish. This makes for an easy clean up. Here are some of our favorite sides.
- Grilled Zucchini – Grilled zucchini is the perfect side dish to make with any types of meats. We grill out a lot in the summertime and grilled zucchini is always on the grill.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes – Sweet Potatoes are one of our favorite side dishes. This healthy vegetable cooks perfectly on the grill without a lot of work.
- Potatoes in Foil Recipe – This potatoes in foil grill recipe is one my favorite sides to make. This dish is budget friendly and only require a few ingredients.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
How long to Marinade Chicken:
For added flavor, we like to make marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes. You can even marinade overnight if you prefer. I have even placed chicken in a freezer bag with the marinade and froze everything together.
How long to Grill Chicken Breasts:
Start by heating the grill to 400 degrees and oil the grates. This ensure that the chicken is grilled with a crispy texture and a juicy center. Chicken needs to be grilled for about 6 minutes on each side.
We recommend using an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature. We check before removing chicken from the grill.
Tips for Mediterranean Grilled Chicken:
- Hot Grill – Make sure your grill is set on medium high heat. Cooking chicken on a hot grill helps to keep them juicy. We recommend to oil grill to prevent the chicken from sticking. You can also cook chicken in a grill pan.
- Same Size Chicken – When preparing your chicken, make sure that they are all even thickness. This makes sure they are evenly cooked. You may even need to filet the chicken or pound them out to make them thin.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
- Baking – This recipe would also work if you wanted to bake this chicken in the Mediterranean flavor marinade. Place in the oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer.
- Discard Marinade – After you are finishing marinading the chicken, throw the marinade away. You do not want to use this marinade to baste the chicken after it has been grilled.
Why is my Chicken Dry?
If you chicken is dry after grilling it, it has cooked to long. You want to make sure you only grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensue the chicken is cook thoroughly and not overcooked.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs with this recipe. We love grilling boneless skinless chicken for a different cut of meat.
How to Store Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Recipe:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This Mediterranean Grilled Chicken is delicious leftover. This flavorful chicken is the perfect lunch the next day with a side of rice and roasted vegetables.
Print Recipe for Mediterranean Grilled Chicken:
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken
- Whisk all the ingredients except for the chicken in a small mixing bowl.
- Pound the chicken in between pieces of wax paper or in a ziplock bag so that they are approximately 1/4-1/2” thick.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade on top of the chicken.
- Refrigerate and allow it to marinade for at least 1 hour up to 12 hours.
- Then preheat your grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick.
- Place the chicken directly on the grill grate and cook for 6-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then the chicken is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Chicken Caesar Wrap Grilled Recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich Recipe