Grilled Spaghetti Squash is an easy side dish that is made with simple ingredients. This healthy and delicious side dish is made easily on the grill.
Grilled Spaghetti Squash Recipe:
Spaghetti Squash on the Grill is one of my favorites vegetables to grill. Spaghetti squash is packed with flavor and is a delicious, healthy side dish. This low carb side dish is seasoned with simple pantry ingredients.
Grilling spaghetti squash keeps you from heating up the kitchen and the grill gives squash the smoky flavor. If you have never made a spaghetti squash on the grill, you are in for a real treat.
When we are grilling meats we like to be able to grill out sides and this is our favorite. Make room on your grill for this delicious squash and then shred for a low carb side.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to Grill Spaghetti Squash:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Cut Spaghetti Squash – Then cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Step 3 – Clean out squash – Use a large spoon to scoop out the seeds and throw them away.
- Step 4 – Season Squash – Drizzle the inside of each of the halves of the spaghetti squash with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Step 5 – Place squash on grill – Then place them cut side up on the grill over indirect heat. Close the lid on the grill and cook for 40-60 minutes until the squash is fork tender. The cook time will vary based on the size of the squash.
- Step 6 – Shred with fork – Once the squash is done, use a fork to “shred” the inside of the squash so it looks like spaghetti.
- Step 7 – Serve – Serve warm and then enjoy.
How Long to Grill Spaghetti Squash:
After seasoning and cleaning the spaghetti squash, place the squash on the indirect heat. Place the squash cut size down on the grill and cook for about 60 minutes or until squash is tender.
The cooking time will vary based on the size of the spaghetti squash. If it is a smaller squash it may only take 25-30 minutes.
How to Cut a Spaghetti Squash:
The best way to cut a spaghetti squash is right down the middle. It will take a sharp chef’s knife and a cutting board to cut it. Be careful as the skin on the squash is very tough so I might some time to get your knife in the squash to start cutting.
There are two ways to cut the squash, widthwise or lengthwise. We usually cut lengthwise but the widthwise makes small halo type circles. It all depends on the size of strands you want.
Once it is cut in half then you can start removing the seeds and squash strands so you can begin cooking.
Grilling Spaghetti Squash Tips:
- Heating the Grill – We preheat the grill to medium high heat as the squash cooks better over high heat.
- Preparing Squash – To prepare the squash for the grill, cut the squash lengthwise. Then remove any seeds with spoon and discard.
- Seasoning Squash – We used simple seasoning for these squash which includes olive oil and salt and pepper. But you can use any seasoning you prefer.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary will depend on the size of the squash. The squash will be done when the squash can be shredded with a fork.
- Seasoning – Feel free to use any type of seasoning that you prefer. Garlic powder or minced garlic would be delicious in addition to the salt and pepper. Fresh herbs are always a delicious option.
- Parmesan Cheese – Once the spaghetti squash is cooked and shredded, top with parmesan cheese and serve.
- Marinara Sauce – After the spaghetti squash is finished cooking, serve with marinara sauce. This makes for a low carb and gluten free spaghetti option.
- Alfredo Sauce – If you love alfredo, this spaghetti sauce would be delicious served with some alfredo sauce. Add some grilled to serve on top.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven:
Cooking spaghetti squash in the oven is an another easy way to make this delicious vegetable.
- Prepare oven by preheating to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Prepare baking dish and line with parchment paper.
- Scoop out all the seeds and season with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet cut size down and bake for about 40 minutes. It will depend on the size of the spaghetti squash on how long it will take.
- Once the squash is done flip the squash cut side over, use a fork to “shred” the inside of the squash so it looks like spaghetti.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Spaghetti Squash:
Grilled Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe