Grilled Italian Chicken is loaded with flavor thanks to a delicious marinade. Make this juicy grilled chicken for an easy weeknight meal.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Chicken Italian Marinade Recipe:
This tender and juicy grilled chicken recipe is delicious and easy to make. This Italian Marinade is made with simple ingredients which gives the chicken so much flavor. Chicken is one of my favorite meats to grill and adding this marinade makes it so delicious.
Making chicken on the grill allows you to use it in many different recipes. We usually double the recipe so we can use it top our salad for lunch or make a Italian chicken wrap. However you serve this chicken it will be a family favorite.
Allow your chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes for the ultimate chicken recipe. Add your favorite sides for an easy weeknight dinner or to serve at your next family gathering.
Why you’ll love this Recipe:
- Easy Ingredients – All you need to make this recipe is simple pantry ingredients and chicken. The results are flavor chicken and ultra juicy.
- Flavorful Chicken – We make a lot of chicken and have used different dry rubs and marinades. But marinating the chicken in Italian Marinade make the chicken so flavorful.
- Healthy – Chicken is my go-to protein when I am wanting something healthy. This chicken can be grilled or baked so I know I always have options when making this recipe. This low fat recipe is crowd favorite.
- Chicken Breasts (approximately 4-5 breasts)
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon (juiced)
- Italian Seasoning
How to Make Italian Grilled Chicken Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl. Feel free to add in garlic powder or red pepper flakes for added flavor.
- Step 2 – Pour marinade over chicken – Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the Italian Chicken marinade over the chicken.
- Step 3 – Marinade Chicken – Allow the chicken to marinate in Italian Dressing for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Step 4 – Heat Grill – Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grill grates with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Step 5 – Grill Chicken – Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy – Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Serve, slice and enjoy this delicious chicken.
How Long to Marinade Chicken Breasts:
Marinating chicken is an easy way to add flavor to your chicken. We recommend marinating chicken for at least 30 minutes. But you can marinate as long as 12 hours.
If I know that I am making this recipe, I will place my chicken in a ziploc bag with the marinade. Then place it in the fridge in the morning. Then by the time we are ready to start dinner, then I just place my chicken on the grill and it is ready to go.
You can also use Italian Salad Dressing as a substitute.
How to Grill Italian Chicken:
Grilling Italian Chicken is easy and simple to do. We recommend staying close by the grill to make sure you flip the chicken timely so it doesn’t burn.
We like to grill each side of the chicken for about 5 minutes per side. You want to make sure that the grill has been preheated and the grates have been oiled. This prevents the chicken from sticking to the grill.
You can also use this recipe to make chicken thighs.
How long to Grilled Chicken Breasts:
It doesn’t take long to grill chicken breast. We like to prepare our chicken to be about the same size of thickness. If you have purchased a large chicken breast, you may need to filet so the chicken cooks evenly.
Place the chicken on the hot grill that has been oiled and it will take about 5 minutes on each side. We recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure your chicken is cooked before removing from the grill.
Give time for your chicken to rest after removing from the grill. This locks in the moisture so the results are a juicy, tender chicken.
What to Serve with Italian Grilled Chicken:
When I grill out, I love to grill my sides on the grill or make a simple salad. Try one of these grilled sides for a quick, easy and healthy side to serve with Italian Chicken.
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe – This side dish is simple to prepare and is budget friendly. The grill gives the zucchini so much smoky flavor. The ingredients are simple and pairs perfectly with this chicken.
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts in Foil – Brussel Sprouts in Foil on the Grill Recipe is delicious and easy to make healthy side dish. The Brussel Sprouts come out tender, crispy and amazing flavor.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – This potatoes in foil grill recipe is one my favorite sides to make. This dish is budget friendly and only require a few ingredients. You can easily change the seasoning or add other ingredients to add more flavor.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, grilled chicken is healthy. It is low fat and low carb the perfect protein to serve in many different ways.
Yes, you can put raw chicken on the grill. Make sure the grill is hot and oiled before placing the chicken on the grill.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Italian Chicken:
Grilled Italian Chicken
- Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Grilled Chicken Wings
- Chicken Salad Grilled Recipe