Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken is a delicious chicken recipe that is easy to prepare. Enhance your chicken flavor with this sweet and tangy marinade.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Recipe:
Grilled chicken is a staple at all of our summer BBQ’s. So I try to change up the seasoning and marinades to enhance the chicken flavor. This honey mustard marinade is one of my favorites because of its sweet and tangy flavor.
All you need is a few simple staple ingredients to marinade your chicken in. This marinades turns your bland chicken into a delicious chicken recipe. The combination of the ingredients balances out perfectly that this marinade is now my go-to recipe.
Impress your family and friends this summer with this delicious chicken recipe. Cook, slice and serve the chicken with your favorite grilled side dishes.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (approximately 4-5 breasts)
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Lemon (juiced)
- Minced Garlic
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Mix Marinade Ingredients – Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Step 2 – Marinade Chicken – Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Step 3 – Continue Marinading Chicken – Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Step 4 – Heat Grill and Oil the Grates – Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Step 5 – Grill Chicken – Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
How to know when Grilled Chicken is done?
To ensure that you chicken is done it’s best to use an internal read meat thermometer. This kitchen utensil make sure that the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature.
The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees when it is finished cooking. We like using a meat thermometer to check for doneness instead of slicing the chicken. This allows the chicken to lock in the moisture.
What to Serve with Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken?
When we grill out I like to serve side dishes that I can easily cook on the grill. These sides pair perfectly with Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken and require just a few ingredients.
- Parmesan Grilled Zucchini Recipe – Easy Parmesan Zucchini is the perfect side dish to make the next time you grill. We love to roast zucchini but grilling zucchini directly on the grill gives the zucchini that perfect grill marks.
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts Recipe – The grill gives the Brussel Sprouts that charred edges, smoky flavor and cooks them tender. These Brussel Sprouts are seasoned with simple ingredients but can be changed to what you have on hand.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – This potatoes in foil grill recipe is one my favorite sides to make. This dish is budget friendly and only require a few ingredients. You can easily change the seasoning or add other ingredients to add more flavor.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
Grilling Chicken Tips:
- Prepare Grill – Make sure before placing the chicken on the grill that it has been preheated to medium heat. We also recommend oiling the grill grates with olive oil. This helps to prevent the chicken from sticky and keeps the chicken from drying out.
- Chicken – When preparing to grill the chicken, I like the chicken to be about the same size. This ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and is done about the same time. You may need to filet your chicken or pound your chicken to thin it out.
- Allow Chicken to rest – After chicken is done cooking, make sure you allow chicken to rest. This locks in the juices and the flavoring.
- Grilling Chicken – We place chicken on direct heat. But if your chicken starts to burn, you may need to place it on indirect heat. Cooking time may vary based on the size of your chicken.
- Meat Thermometer – Always use a meat thermometer to check if your chicken is done before serving.
- Marinating Chicken – We recommend marinating chicken for at least 6 hours. This gives the chicken the best flavor. Place the chicken in a freezer bag or a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Meal Prep – If you like to prep your meals for the week, this honey mustard chicken is the best to make. Since it is loaded with flavor, you can easily serve over rice with some roasted vegetables.
- Cook Chicken Other Ways – We love this marinade so much that we made the chicken other ways. You can bake the chicken or even place in the slow cooker for an easy meal idea.
- Change the Chicken – We used boneless skinless chicken breast in this recipe. But you can easily use chicken tenders or chicken thighs.
- Change the Seasoning – The honey mustard sauce can easily be changed to ingredients that you have on hand. Feel free to use a different type of mustard such as dijon mustard.
- Garlic Powder – We used minced garlic in this recipe, but you can use garlic powder instead.
- Chicken Sandwich – Use this chicken to make a chicken sandwich. Place your chicken on different types of breads for added flavor.
How to Store Leftover Grilled Chicken:
Refrigerate the leftover in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to Use Leftover Grilled Chicken:
Leftover grilled chicken is great to use in many different meals. We recommend cooking once so you can use the leftovers in a completely different meal. This way your family doesn’t know your are eating leftovers.
There are many ways to use this grilled chicken. Slice and make a wrap, quesadilla, and on top of a salad.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you grilled chicken is dry that means that you have cooked it to long. We recommend cooking for about 5-7 minutes on each side.
Yes, you can use this recipe to make chicken thighs or chicken tenders.
Yes, feel free to use different mustards to make this recipe. You can use a standard yellow mustard or dijon mustard.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken:
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Stir together all the ingredients except for the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag or a bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Then preheat the grill to 350 degrees F. Gently brush the grates of the grill with the oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes per size until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Then remove the chicken from the grill, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes. Then it’s ready to slice and enjoy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Wrap Recipe
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Breasts