Coconut Milk Chicken Marinade makes the best marinade. Give you chicken recipes amazing flavor with the delicious marinade recipe.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Coconut Milk Chicken Marinade Recipe:
Take you chicken breast flavor to the next level by marinating in coconut milk and simple seasoning. This marinade infuses the chicken with amazing flavor while tenderizing it.
If you are looking for a new marinade that is easy to make, make this coconut milk marinade. The creamy marinade sticks to the chicken giving it lasting flavor.
Serve with a side of cauliflower rice and topped with green onions for a complete meal idea.
Can you Marinade Chicken in Coconut Milk?
Yes, you can marinade chicken breasts in coconut milk. The combination of full fat coconut milk and simple spices makes the best marinade.
The creamy sauce helps to tenderize the meat, which helps to create the best texture and juicy center.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (trimmed)
For the Marinade:
- Coconut Milk
- Limes (juiced)
- Curry Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- Hot Sauce
- Black Pepper
How to Make Coconut Milk Chicken Marinade:
- Step 1 – Combine Marinade Ingredients – In a small bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients.
- Step 2 – Place Chicken in Marinade – Place the chicken in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade mixture on top.
- Step 3 – Marinade Chicken – Marinade the chicken thighs for 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Step 4 – Prepare Griddle – Preheat a grill over medium high heat. Then rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Step 5 – Grill Chicken – Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Serve – Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy.
How Long to Marinate Chicken in Coconut Milk:
Marinating your chicken it recommended because it adds so much flavor to your chicken. After placing the chicken in a zip lock bag, marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours.
We recommend not to exceed 24 hours to marinate chicken.
Chicken Marinade Coconut Milk Recipe Tips:
- Combining Marinade – Combine the marinade in a mixing bowl. Make sure it is complete combined before adding in chicken.
- Meat Thermometer – Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature. The internal temperature reaches 165 then chicken is done.
- Heat Grill – Place placing the chicken on the grill, make sure you heat to medium heat. Oil the grill grates to help to easily cook both sides of the chicken.
- Marinade – Make sure to discard any of the marinade that you soaked the chicken in. You do not want to reuse this marinade.
- Pound Chicken – To flatten out the chicken on the thickest part, we recommend pounding the chicken. This helps to cook the chicken evenly.
How to Grill Coconut Milk Marinade Chicken:
An instant read meat thermometer is the best way to know when the chicken is ready to enjoy.
Insert at the thickest part of the chicken thigh to check temperature. Temperature should reach 165 degrees when fully cooked.
Make sure to remove excessive marinade before placing thai coconut grilled chicken on the grill.
- Grilling Chicken – Grill the chicken on the grill grates or on a grill pan. You can also cook the chicken in a cast iron skillet on a stove top.
- Marinade Ingredients – You can easily change the seasoning to what you prefer. Add in soy sauce, peanut sauce, fresh cilantro, lime and turmeric. Brown sugar is a delicious addition.
- Bake Chicken – You can easily bake the chicken in the oven for an easy weeknight meal. Serve topped with fresh lime juice and lime zest.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store leftovers in a airtight container for up to 3 days. This chicken is delicious leftover or to meal prep with.
More Easy Chicken Marinade Recipes:
Print Recipe for Coconut Milk Chicken Marinade:
Coconut Milk Chicken Marinade
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs trimmed
- In a small bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade mixture on top.
- Marinade the chicken thighs for 3-4 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat a grill over medium high heat and rub the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grates.
- Then add the chicken onto the grill and reduce the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature for 165 degrees F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe