Mexican Chicken Marinade Recipe is delicious combination of simple ingredients. Marinated chicken grills perfectly and makes the best weeknight dinner.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Chicken Mexican Marinade:
If you grill chicken as much as we do, then you are need to try this marinade recipe. Bold flavors and simple spices makes this marinade so flavorful.
Marinating your chicken in this Mexican inspired spices makes the chicken bursting with flavor. The chicken cooks tenderness, juicy and amazing flavor.
Serve this delicious chicken with rice, on a salad or make chicken fajitas tacos. You will love the flavor and can use this marinade to bake or grill your chicken.
Why You Will Love this Marinade Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – This marinade is made with simple ingredients that you probably already on hand.
- Quick and Easy – The ingredients are quick and easy to combine in a bowl or a resealable plastic bag.
- Meal Prep – If you are looking for a chicken marinade that is great to meal prep. This Mexican Chicken marinade is the one to make. You can use the chicken in many different ways which makes it great for lunch.
Grilled Mexican Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Avocado Oil
- Fresh Limes, juiced
- Chili Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs or Chicken Breast
How to Make Mexican Marinade for Chicken:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Place all the marinade ingredients in large bow. Stir to combine.
- Step 2 – Marinade Chicken – Add in the chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Marinade for at least one hour but up to 24 hours.
- Step 3 – Prepare Grill – When you are ready to grill. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Step 4 – Grill Chicken – Grill the chicken thighs for 6-7 minutes on each side. Flipping once or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 5 – Serve – Serve with fresh cilantro and fresh limes.
How Long to Marinade Chicken:
Marinating your chicken it recommended because it adds so much flavor to your chicken. After placing the chicken in a zip lock bag, marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
We recommend not to exceed 24 hours to marinate chicken. We like to prepare this marinade the night before. That way it is ready for us to grill for dinner the next day.
Marinade for Mexican Chicken Recipe Tips:
- Combine Marinade Ingredients – You can easily combine the ingredients in a bowl to marinade the chicken. Make sure it is completely combine before adding or pouring on the chicken.
- Meat Thermometer – Use an instant-read meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked to a safe temperature. The internal temperature reaches 165 then chicken is done.
- Heat Grill – Place placing the chicken on the grill, make sure you heat to medium heat. Oil the grill grates to help to easily cook both sides of the chicken.
- Marinade – Make sure to discard any of the marinade that you soaked the chicken in. You do not want to reuse this marinade. We recommend to shake the marinade from the chicken before placing on the grill.
- Pound Chicken – To flatten out the chicken on the thickest part, we recommend pounding the chicken. This helps to cook the chicken evenly.
Mexican Marinade for Chicken Variation Ideas:
- Change the Chicken – You can use this chicken marinade with chicken thighs, boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders.
- Seasoning – Feel free to change the seasoning to what you prefer. You can substitute with smoked paprika, onion powder or olive oil.
- Juices – To add flavor to the marinade. You can easily add in orange juice, lime juice or any type of citrus juice.
How to Grill Mexican Chicken:
After marinading chicken, remove the excess marinade and place the chicken on the hot grill. Cook on one side for about 7 minutes and the flip chicken. Then cook for an additional 7 minutes until fully cooked.
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
Can you Bake Mexican Chicken?
Yes, this Mexican Chicken would be delicious baked in the oven. Marinades can be used in many different ways. Whether you are grilling your chicken, cooking in the slow cooker or baking it.
This chicken marinade gives the chicken so much flavor.
- After marinating chicken, place the chicken in a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- I like to flip and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Use meat thermometer to ensure chicken is cooked.
- This chicken can be shredded and used in many different recipes. The Mexican seasoning flavor is always a crowd favorite.
What to Serve with Mexican Chicken?
If you are looking for ways to serve and what to serve with Mexican chicken. Then here are some of our favorites. This marinade gives the chicken so much flavor and it is one of our favorite marinades.
- Side Dishes – This Mexican Chicken can be served with refried beans, salsa, pico de gallo, and black bean recipe. This chicken recipe compliments any Mexican inspired side dish and they are all easy to make. I even love making cilantro lime rice to serve with it.
- Chicken Tacos – After cooking the chicken, shred it dice it and wrap it in a tortilla. Top with with fresh lime juice, sour cream and more to create a delicious dinner idea.
- Burrito Bowls – One of my favorite ways to use cooked shredded chicken is in burrito bowls. Top the chicken over rice, with beans and salsa for a delicious meal. This is usually what recipe I use to meal prep for the week. I even like making taco salad with the cooked chicken.
How to Cook Mexican Chicken in the Skillet:
Cooking chicken fajitas in a cast iron pan is easy and delicious. We recommend cooking in a large skillet for the best flavor. Prepare and marinate the chicken and then cook the chicken thighs in the skillet.
Once this chicken pieces are cooked, serve on corn tortillas or flour tortillas for the best flavor. Add your favorite topping for an easy weeknight dinner idea.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Chicken Marinade Recipe:
- Greek Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Balsamic Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Grilled Citrus Chicken
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade Recipe
- Pollo Asado
- See more Grilled Mexican Recipes
Mexican Chicken Marinade
- Place all the marinade ingredients in large bow. Stir to combine.
- Add in the chicken thighs or chicken breasts. Marinade for atleast one hour but up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to grill. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 6-7 minutes on each side flipping once or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and fresh limes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe