Take your burgers to the next level with this Blackstone Meatloaf Burgers. This burger recipe is full of flavor and simple to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Blackstone Meatloaf Burgers Recipe:
This Easy Blackstone Meatloaf Burger Recipe is loaded with easy ingredients. If you love meatloaf as much as we do, then you must try making meatloaf patties on your griddle.
Sandwich this thick patty between a toasted bun and all your favorite burger toppings to make the ultimate burger. This restaurant quality burger will become a family favorite in no time.
Cooking on the griddle gives a crispy texture on the outside of the burger. But the inside is full of meatloaf flavor. Take your burger to the next level with this meatloaf burger recipe.
What is a Meatloaf Burger?
A meatloaf burger is a mini size meatloaf that is cooked on the cast iron skillet or a griddle. As a meatloaf is usually cooked in the oven. We used a classic meatloaf recipe and made it in a thick hamburger patty.
Place the meatloaf patty on a hamburger bun and topped with ketchup and all of your favorite toppings. This makes the ultimate Blackstone smash burger.
For the Patties:
- Ground Beef
- Quick Oats
- Small Onion (diced into small pieces)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dried Oregano
- Garlic Powder
For the Burgers:
- Avocado Oil
- Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato (sliced)
- Red Onion (sliced)
How to Make Meatloaf Burgers on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine Meatloaf Mixture – Mix the patty ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the ketchup for the patty toppings. Mix the ingredients together with your hands and form into 4 even balls.
- Step 3 – Oil Griddle – Spread the avocado oil onto the flat top grill. Place the ground beef balls on the Blackstone grill on the oil.
- Step 4 – Press Ground Beef Balls – Press firmly on the ground beef balls into the Blackstone Grill. Do not smash it all the way down but just press slightly to form a burger patty.
- Step 5 – Cook Patties – Cook the patties for 3 minutes -5 minutes on a hot griddle.
- Step 6 – Flip Burgers – Flip the burgers (do not press down) and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes). Spoon the reserved ketchup on top of each patty (approximately ½ tablespoon on each patty).
- Step 7 – Toast Buns – Place the buns on the Blackstone grill for 1 minute to toast the buns. Then serve the patties on the buns with the lettuce, tomatoes and sliced onions.
- Step 8 – Serve – Serve warm and enjoy.
Meatloaf Burgers Topping Ideas:
Here are some of our favorite toppings for our Meatloaf Burgers. If I am trying to cut out carbs, I will eat the Meatloaf Burgers without the bun.
- Slice Avocado
- Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo
- Mashed Potatoes
- BBQ Sauce
Can you Make this on the Stove?
Yes, you can make this meatloaf burger recipe on the stove. We recommend using a large skillet or a cast iron skillet. Using the cast iron skillet is very similar to cooking on the griddle.
What to Serve with Burgers?
There are many sides that you can serve with these Meatloaf Burgers. We like to serve traditional burger sides but we also like to serve traditional meatloaf sides.
- Blackstone French Fries – These Blackstone French Fries are the perfect side dish and come out perfectly crispy every time.
- Blackstone Asparagus with Bacon – Asparagus is a delicious vegetable that can be cooked many different ways. We love making it on the Blackstone as it gets cooks easily, fast and tender.
- Mashed Potatoes – Make a side of mashed potatoes. You can serve on top of the meatloaf pattie or as a side dish. Topping the burger with mashed potatoes will make the ultimate meatloaf sandwich.
- Glazed Carrots – Makes this easy Blackstone Glazed Carrots as the perfect side to these meatloaf burgers. Making them on the Blackstone makes for an easy cleanup.
Blackstone Meatloaf Tips:
- Cooking Hamburger Patties – Heat the griddle to medium heat so that meatloaf patties cook through and evenly. Cook burgers until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Smash Burger Recipe – This meatloaf burger recipe is the ultimate smash burger recipe and can combined with any meatloaf recipe.
- Cheese – Feel free to top the meatloaf burger with a slice of cheese.
- Parchment Paper – To prepare for serving, you can place the cooked burgers on parchment paper.
- Make Ahead of Time – You can easily make your hamburger balls ahead of time. Then place in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Juicy Burger – Allow you burger to cook on the grill with very little flipping. I try to only flip the burger patties once to create a juicy flavorful burger.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftover patties in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Meatloaf Burgers:
Blackstone Meatloaf Burgers
FOR THE PATTIES:
FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 4 Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Tomato sliced
- Red Onion sliced
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Mix the patty ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve 2 Tablespoons of the ketchup for the patty toppings. Mix the ingredients together with your hands and form into 4 even balls.
- Spread the avocado oil onto the Blackstone grill. Place the ground beef balls on the Blackstone grill on the oil.
- Press firmly on the ground beef balls into the Blackstone Grill. Do not smash it all the way down but just press slightly to form a burger patty.
- Cook the patties for 3 minutes -5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers (do not press down) and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes). Spoon the reserved ketchup on top of each patty (approximately ½ tablespoon on each patty).
- Place the buns on the Blackstone grill for 1 minute to toast the buns. Then serve the patties on the buns with the lettuce, tomatoes and sliced onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Burgers Recipes:
- Blackstone Avocado Burger Recipe
- Blackstone Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Blackstone Taco Burger Recipe
- Blackstone Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
- Mushroom Swiss Burger Recipe