Blackstone Avocado Burger is a delicious way to enjoy your burger. Simple to make and with the added avocado gives the burger so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Blackstone Avocado Burger Recipe:
We love making burgers on the Blackstone. Pressing the burger balls into patties on the griddle allows them to get juicy and flavor. Adding avocado to make this favorite Burger so delicious and simple to make.
The combination of the avocado with the burger makes this Blackstone Burger the best. If you are looking for an easy way to enjoy slice avocado and a burger them make this Blackstone Avocado Burger.
Evenly cook your burger on the flat top and then top with your favorite topping. Blackstone Avocado Burger is a crowd favorite and made with simple ingredients.
What is a Smash Burger?
A Juicy Smash Burger recipe is essentially a burger being smashed with a bacon press or a spatula on a griddle. It thins out the meat to get it closer to the heat source.
We believe that it intensifies the flavor of the homemade smash burger. It also allows for the meat to cook evenly and fast.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Fresh Avocados (sliced)
- Lettuce Leaves
- Onion (sliced)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Hamburger Buns
How to Make Avocado Burger on Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Add oil to Grill – Spread the oil out on the grill with a spatula.
- Step 3 – Divide Ground Beef – Divide the ground beef into 6 even balls (approximately ⅓ lb each).
- Step 4 – Place on the grill – Place the ground beef on the Blackstone grill on the oil.
- Step 5 – Smash Burgers onto Griddle – Press firmly on the ground beef balls into the Blackstone Grill. Do not smash it all the way down but just press slightly to form a burger patty. Occasionally I will add a piece of parchment paper between the press and burger patty.
- Step 6 – Season – Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 – Cook – Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes.
- Step 8 – Flip Burgers – Flip the thin patty’s and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes).
- Step 9 – Top with your favorite toppings – Add a lettuce leaf and onions to the bottom toasted bun of each bun.
- Step 10 – Add beef to buns – Remove the beef burger and add them to each of the hamburger buns on top of the lettuce.
- Step 11 – Serve and Enjoy – Then top each patty with the tomatoes and avocado slices. Serve warm and enjoy.
How to Cut an Avocado:
We love avocado and serve it many different ways. There are different ways to slice the avocado and we show step by step instructions here.
Avocado’s can be sliced or diced depending how you want to enjoy them.
How Long to Cook Burgers on Blackstone:
Cooking burgers on the Blackstone is easy to do and doesn’t take long at all. We love the large cooking surface that the griddle has. This is perfect for my large family.
Once you have made the burgers in balls, place on the hot griddle. Then press the burger balls with a burger press. This allows for the burger to flatten but you don’t want to flatten to much.
Then cook the burger for about 3 minutes on each side. The results are a juicy, flavorful burger. You can also grill burgers on a cast iron skillet, gas grill or in a grill pan.
What to Add on a Burger with Avocado:
Toppings for this Avocado Burger are endless. These are some of my favorites.
- Slice of Cheese – Pepper Jack Cheese, Cheddar, or Monterrey Jack Cheese
What to Serve with Burgers:
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
What Type of Oil to Use on Blackstone:
Use any oil with a high smoke point. Vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil or avocado oil will all work great in this recipe.
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Avocado Burgers:
Blackstone Avocado Burger
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Spread the oil out on the grill with a spatula.
- Divide the ground beef into 6 even balls (approximately ⅓ lb each).
- Place the ground beef on the Blackstone grill on the oil.
- Press firmly on the ground beef balls into the Blackstone Grill. Do not smash it all the way down but just press slightly to form a burger patty.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Cook the patties for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the burgers and cook until burgers are cooked through (3-4 more minutes).
- Add a lettuce leaf and onions to the bottom bun of each bun.
- Remove the beef and add them to each of the hamburger buns on top of the lettuce.
- Then top each patty with the tomatoes and avocado slices. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Blackstone Burger Recipes:
- Blackstone Freddy’s Steakburger Recipe
- Copycat Blackstone In-N-Out Burger Recipe
- Grilled Taco Burger Recipe
- Blackstone Turkey Burger
- Fried Egg Burger Recipe
- Blackstone Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe