Grilled Taco Burger is a delicious twist on your favorite burger recipe. Topped with guacamole, pico de gallo and grilled to perfection.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Taco Burger Recipe:
Grilled Taco Burger combines the flavored of taco seasoning with the ground beef. It is delicious and easy to make. You will love this tasty twist on your grilled burgers. This is a family favorite and healthy too.
We love the Mexican flavors of the taco seasoning and mixed with the ground beef. Topping the hamburger patties with cheese, guacamole and pico del gallo is our new favorite grilled burger recipe.
Change things up at your next BBQ and make these Grilled Taco Burgers. Your guest will be asking what the secret ingredient is. Add a side of chips and salsa or your favorite pasta salad to complete this delicious meal.
What is Taco Burger?
Taco burger was created as I was missing out on our favorite taco recipes. I am trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, I decided to mix in my Homemade Taco Seasoning with some ground beef.
This delicious grilled burger can be serve it with or without a bun. Or top your hamburger patty with cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo for a low carb recipe.
You may never fix a grilled burger without the flavors of taco seasoning.
- Ground hamburger beef (85% lean)
- Taco Seasoning
- Chunky Salsa
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pico De Gallo
- Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
How to Make Taco Burgers:
- Step 1 – Prepare Grill – Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine beef, seasoning and salsa – Mix together the ground beef, taco seasoning and chunky sauce in a small bowl. Then form the beef into 6 patties.
- Step 3 – Grill Hamburger Patties – Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Cook until the patties reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees to 165 degrees F.
- Step 4 – Top with Cheese – Place the slices of cheese on the patties. For the last minute of the cook time to melt the cheese.
- Step 5 – Grill Hamburger Buns – Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Step 6 – Build your bugers – Remove the buns. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun. Top with a beef patties. Then top each burger with the guacamole and pico de Gallo.
- Step 7 – Serve and enjoy – Serve warm and enjoy.
Taco Burger Tips:
- Meat Thermometer – Use an instant read meat thermometer to check internal temperature. Make sure that the beef is cooked to a safe temperature before eating.
- Mixing Ingredients – Be careful not to over-mix the beef or the burgers will be tough. Just mix with your hands until just combined in a medium bowl.
- Change Seasoning – Fee free to change the seasoning. Mix in garlic powder or chili powder.
- Hamburger Patty – We like to make the hamburger patties about the same size. I usually make them about 1 inch thick so they cook evenly and about the same time.
The toppings are endless when making your Taco Burger. These are some of our favorites.
- Cheese – We used cheddar cheese, but you can easily use different flavors. We recommend pepper jack cheese or Colby Monterrey Jack Cheese.
- Sour Cream – This creamy topping is perfect topped on the Taco Burger.
- Guacamole – Make a delicious homemade guacamole or use store bought for a tasty topping.
- Pico de Gallo – Diced tomatoes, onions, and cilantro makes this a delicious topping for the taco burgers.
- Diced Avocado – We love the healthy benefits of avocado. Instead of making guacamole, top with diced avocado.
What to Serve with a Taco Burger:
- Tortilla Chips – Any Mexican recipes that we make, chips and salsa must be served. You can even serve them with this Taco Burger Recipe.
- Pasta Salad – A BBQ isn’t complete without your favorite pasta salad.
- Chips and Queso – Chips and queso is perfectly paired with this taco burger recipe.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate leftover patties in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Easy Taco Burger Recipe:
This is one of those recipes that you will wonder why you didn’t make it sooner. The taco seasoning combined with the pico de gallo really takes the burger to a new level of amazing.
Easy to make with simple ingredients. We love the twist on a classic burger recipe. Amazing flavor and healthy too, your family and friends will love this delicious recipe.
Print Recipe here Grilled Taco Burger:
Grilled Taco Burger
- 2 lbs ground hamburger beef 85% lean
- 2 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup Chunky Salsa
- 6 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo
- 1/2 cup Guacamole
- 6 Hamburger Buns
- 8 Lettuce Leaves
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Mix together the ground beef, taco seasoning and chunky sauce. Then form the beef into 6 patties.
- Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Place the slices of cheese on the patties for the last minute of the cook time to melt the cheese.
- Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Remove the buns. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom bun. Top with a beef patties. Then top each burger with the guacamole and pico de Gallo.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Grilled Burger Recipe:
- Copycat In-N-Out Animal Style Burger Recipe
- California Burger Recipe
- Grilled Turkey Burger
- Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
- Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger Recipe