Make this Bacon Blue Cheese Burger for a delicious twist on your classic burger recipe. Loaded with flavor this burger is easy to make.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger Recipe:
Grilling burgers out during the summer months is one of my favorite meals. There are many different ways to top a burger patty, but topping it with bacon and blue cheese crumbles is one of my favorites.
The combination of the simple seasoning makes this burger so delicious. If you are looking to make a burger with a delicious twist, make this Bacon Blue Cheese Burger.
The burger is perfect to serve for your next BBQ or a weeknight dinner. Add your favorite sides to complete this meal.
- Ground Beef
- Garlic Salt
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Bacon (cooked)
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Brioche Buns
- Lettuce Leaves
- Tomato sliced
How to Make Bacon Blue Cheese Burger:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Step 2 – Combine ingredients – In large bowl mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce together.
- Step 3 – Form into patties – Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each.
- Step 4 – Oil the Grates – Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- Step 5 – Grill Burgers – Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 6 – Top with Blue Cheese – Top the patties with the blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cook time. Then cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Step 7 – Cook Bacon – Cook the bacon separately while the burgers are cooking.
- Step 8 – Toast Buns – Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Step 9 – Build Burgers – Serve the burgers on the buns topped with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Step 10 – Serve & Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How to Make on the Stove Top:
This Bacon Blue Cheese Burger can be prepared indoors on the stove top. Cook the burger patty in a cast iron skillet. Once the patty is cook, top the burger with cheese while in the skillet.
Top with bacon and serve on toasted buns.
Bacon Blue Burgers can be topped with many different things. These are some of our favorites.
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Caramelized Onions
- Oil the Grates – Use any oil with a high smoke point. Olive oil, Vegetable oil, canola oil, coconut oil or avocado oil will all work great in this recipe.
- High Heat – Make sure to heat your grill to medium heat for the best burgers.
- Bacon – Place the cook bacon on paper towels to remove any grease.
- Grill Pan – Place the burgers on the grill or grill them in a grill pan.
- Form Ground Beef – Form the ground beef patties about the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Meat Thermometer – Make sure to use an internal meat thermometer to make sure your burger is cooked to your desired temperature. Your ground beef should cook to a temperature of 165 degrees.
Blue Cheese Bacon Burger Variations:
- Ground Beef – Feel free to use different types of ground beef. We have used ground chuck with an 80/20 count and the burger turned out delicious.
- Blue Cheese – We love the blue cheese crumbles, but you can use blue cheese dressing for added flavor.
- Burger Sauce – For added flavor, mix blue cheese dressing and hot sauce together to top the burger.
- Top with Cheese – If you love cheese, add another level of cheese to the burger. Swiss cheese, provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese is delicious added to the burger.
- Bacon – Feel free to cook the bacon on the skillet. But you can also cook the bacon in the air fryer or use already cook bacon to top your burger.
- Seasoning – You can easily change the seasoning you add to the ground beef.
Does Blue Cheese Melt on the Burger?
After cooking the burger, place the blue cheese crumbles on the burger. Close the lid on the grill and allow the cheese to melt on the burger. It only takes about 1 to 2 minute to melt.
What to Serve with Burgers:
When we grill out, we love to cook side dishes that we can easily cook on the grill. These are some of my favorites.
- Grilled French Fries – These grilled french fries are delicious and perfectly cooked on the grill.
- Grilled Vegetables – Serve these grilled vegetables for a low carb option and these grilled vegetables cook easily in the foil pack.
- Grilled Mushrooms – Grilled mushrooms are a must when I make a burger. The taste amazing and cook quickly on the grill.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
These burgers store easily. We recommend storing all the ingredients separately. Then when you are ready to serve, you can easily build your burger with fresh ingredients.
Print Recipe here for Bacon Blue Cheese Burger:
Bacon Blue Cheese Burger
- Preheat a grill over medium heat (approximately 350-400 degrees F).
- Mix together the ground beef, garlic salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Then form the beef into 6 patties that are approximately ⅓ pound each.
- Oil the grill grates to prevent the burgers from sticking to the grill.
- Place on the grill over direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until the patties reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Top the patties with the blue cheese crumbles for the last 1-2 minutes of the cook time and cover the dome to melt the cheese slightly.
- Cook the bacon separately while the burgers are cooking.
- Place the hamburger buns on the grill for approximately 1 minute to toast the buns.
- Serve the burgers on the buns topped with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe