These 2 Ingredient Grilled BBQ Chicken Tenders Recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. We love how easy they are to make and are so full of flavor with the BBQ sauce.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled BBQ Chicken Tenders Recipe:
We are big fans of chicken tenders. They are the perfect size to fry or to bake. Grilling chicken tenders have become one of my favorite meat to grill. Chicken tenders are a family favorite and a very affordable cut of meat.
Adding BBQ sauce to the chicken tenders adds so much flavor. If you prefer you can marinate the chicken overnight in a Ziplock bag in the refrigerator. But we usually just brush on the BBQ sauce as we are grilling them.
Chicken tenders are the perfect meat to double the recipe so you can have leftovers. We love them for lunch or a weeknight meal. They don’t take long to cook and are a crowd pleaser.
Why we love Chicken Tenders:
- Tenders cook fast –We love how fast chicken tenders can cook. Within about 15 minutes total you chicken tenders will be done.
- Healthy Option – We love that you can bake Chicken Tenders or toss them in the air fryer. I love to toss them on my salad for lunch.
- Kids love them – My kids are older now, but my nieces still have those little appetites. They are the perfect size to grab and head off to play games.
- Cooking Options – Not only can you grill them but you can bake BBQ Chicken tenders.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders – You can use chicken breasts.
- Barbecue Sauce – Store bought BBQ Sauce. You can also make Homemade BBQ Sauce.
How to Grill BBQ Chicken Tenders:
- Prepare your Gas Grill – Preheat (oven) or your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Marinate the Chicken – Place the chicken and ½ cup of BBQ sauce in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly coat the chicken with the barbecue sauce. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Grill your Chicken – Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce while it’s grilling. Cook time could vary.
- Serve and Enjoy – Move the chicken to a baking sheet, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy! I like to sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
With these BBQ Chicken Tenders there are many ways to jazz up these tenders. Here are some of our favorite ways:
- Add other Seasoning – Other ingredients I occasionally will add is some smoked paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Change the BBQ Sauce – There are different variety of sauces you can to marinate these chicken.
- Omit the BBQ Sauce – If you don’t like BBQ sauce, you can use something else. I like a little BBQ sauce on mine but I have also marinated my chicken in Italian Dressing and it turned out so good.
- Add some bread crumbs – If you are planning on baking the chicken tenders, bake them in bread crumbs.
How to Store Chicken Tenders:
These Grilled BBQ Chicken Tenderloin recipe is great leftover. If stored properly in the refrigerator the leftovers will stay good for up to 5 days. Make sure to store in an airtight container to ensure that chicken stays fresh.
Chicken Tenders are a great protein to use for meal prepping. At the beginning of the week, I will prepare individual containers for lunch for my husband and I. I add brown rice, steamed vegetables and chicken tenders to the containers.
It is the perfect lunch or a quick snack for my teenagers who are always hungry.
What to serve with Chicken Tenders:
One of the best things about chicken tenders is there are so many different side dishes you can serve. Here are some of our favorites.
- Grilled Carrots in Foil Recipe
- Grilled French Fries Recipe
- What to Serve with BBQ Chicken
- More Sides for Chicken Tenders
Print Recipe here for Grilled BBQ Chicken Tenders:
BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders approximately 7-8 tenders
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce Divided
- Preheat your grill over medium high heat to approximately 350 degrees F. Spray the grill grates with a non-stick cooking spray or rub with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates.
- Place the chicken and ½ cup of BBQ sauce in a large mixing bowl. Stir to thoroughly coat the chicken with the BBQ sauce. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Gently place the chicken tenders on the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes, flip the chicken and then grill for 4-6 more minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce while it’s grilling.
- Move the chicken to a plate, let it set for at least 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe