If you are looking for an easy side dish make Blackstone Brussel Sprouts. They come out tender and flavorful with the easy seasoning.
Blackstone Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
Brussel Sprouts on the Blackstone cook up perfectly. The edges are crispy but tender and flavorful. Even if you are not a fan of the tasty vegetables, cooking them on the griddle might change your mind.
The Brussel Sprouts are cooked on the flat top at high temperature making them cook fast and evenly. While the Brussel Sprouts are cooking they are seasoned with simple ingredients which adds so much flavor to this easy side dish.
This side dish is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Add the to your Blackstone Griddle the next time you are making a steak or chicken. Change the seasoning or add in some bacon to give it more flavor.
How do you Cook Brussel Sprouts on a Flat Top:
Cooking Brussel Sprouts on the griddle doesn’t take long. This is one of the main reasons why I like making them as an easy side dish. Not only are they delicious, but they are so healthy too.
Once the griddle is heated to about 400 degrees, melt butter on the griddle to prevent the vegetable from sticking. Add the Brussel Sprouts and begin tossing them in the butter until well coated.
Season them with salt, pepper and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes, then cover with a cooking dome. Let them cook under the dome for about 2 minutes then flip. Continue cooking until they are crispy on the edges and tender.
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- Minced Garlic
How to Cook Brussel Sprouts on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Prepare Brussel Sprouts – Trim the Brussel Sprouts by cutting the end off and then cut the Brussel Sprouts in half.
- Heat Grill 0 Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F).
- Add Butter to Grill – Put the butter on the grill and allow it to melt. Use a spatula to spread the butter out onto the grill.
- Add Brussel Sprouts – Add the Brussel Sprouts to the grill and toss to coat them in the butter. Then spread them out in a single layer.
- Season – Season the Brussel sprouts with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook – Sauté the Brussel Sprouts stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooking dome – Cover the grill and cook the Brussel sprouts for 3-5 more minutes.
- Cook until tender – Flipping them halfway through the cook time until the Brussel spouts are the tenderness and brownness that you prefer.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve this easy side dish with pork, steak, or chicken.
How Long to Cook Brussel Sprouts:
When making grilled Brussel Sprouts we use the small to medium size Brussel Sprouts. If you use large Brussel sprouts, they will need to cook longer on the grill.
Cooking the smaller size Brussel Sprouts takes about 15 minutes or less, depending on how crispy and brown you want them.
This Brussel Sprouts recipe can be made on your stove top. It would be the exact same but in a cast iron skillet.
Cooking in the cast iron skillet might take a few minutes longer since the skillet will not be as hot as a Blackstone.
How to Trim Brussel Sprouts:
Before cooking the Brussel Sprouts on the griddle, make sure you cut the ends off and then slice in half. They cook better and trimming the ends off removes the tough part.
- Add Cheese – Once the Brussel Sprouts are done, you can sprinkle with parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Add Bacon – For even more flavor, add in some chopped bacon. You can even use bacon bits or chop the already cooked bacon.
- Cook with Sausage – Adding in smoked sausage with this recipe taste amazing. It gives it so much flavor. We like to serve over rice for a complete meal.
- Change the Seasoning – You can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic if you prefer. Add seasoning salt or other types of seasoning.
- Change the Oil – Use olive oil instead of butter if you prefer.
- Feta Cheese – Toss a handful of feta cheese with your cooked brussel sprouts. The combination of the flavors really has become a family favorite.
- Drizzle with Syrup – Another favorite that we have recently discovered is drizzling maple syrup on top of cooked brussel sprouts.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Brussel Sprouts:
Blackstone Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Trim the Brussel Sprouts by cutting the end off and then cut the Brussel Sprouts in half.
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Put the butter on the grill and allow it to melt. Use a spatula to spread the butter out onto the grill.
- Add the Brussel Sprouts to the grill and toss them to thoroughly coat them in the butter. Then spread them out in a single layer. Season the Brussel sprouts with the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussel Sprouts stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the grill and cook the Brussel sprouts for 3-5 more minutes flipping them halfway through the cook time until the Brussel spouts are the tenderness and brownness that you prefer.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe