Grilled Parmesan Brussel Sprouts is an quick and easy side dish that grills perfectly in a foil pack. Easy ingredients makes this dish so flavorful.
Grilled Parmesan Brussel Sprouts Recipe:
Grilled Brussel Sprouts Parmesan Recipe has become a family favorite. You only need a few simple ingredients to take your Brussel Sprouts to the next level. Even my kids that do not like Brussel sprouts ate them without complaining.
These Parmesan Grilled Brussel Sprouts Recipe is the perfect side to many different recipes. Any time we grill we love to make our vegetables on the grill. Wrapping the Brussel Sprouts in foil keeps them moist, tender and so delicious.
Easy Brussel Sprouts in Foil on Grill:
Cooking Brussel Sprouts in foil with the Parmesan seasoning really allows for this tasty vegetable to stay tender. The edges are crispy but soft and flavorful. Even if you are not a fan of the tasty vegetables, cooking them in foil might change your mind.
This recipe is so simple and in less than 30 minutes you have an easy side dish. Grilled vegetables are my favorite.
My kids even will eat more vegetables if I grill them. So we grill them all the time. It is an easy and fast side dish recipe.
- Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Grill Brussel Sprouts in Foil:
- Step 1 – Prepare grill and Brussel Sprouts – Preheat the grill over medium high heat about 400 degrees. Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Step 2 – Seasoning Brussel Sprouts – Place the Brussel sprouts in a large bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Step 3 – Add Brussel Sprouts to foil – Place the Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Step 4 – Grill Foil Packets – Place the foil packet on the grill. Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender.
- Step 5 – Season with Parmesan Cheese – Open the foil pack. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Step 6 – Continue to Grill – Close the foil packet. Allow the foil packet to sit for 3-5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Step 7 – Serve and enjoy – Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
How long to Grill Brussel Sprouts:
When making grilled Brussel Sprouts we use the small to medium size Brussel Sprouts. If you use large Brussel sprouts, they will need to cook longer on the grill.
After placing the Brussel Sprouts that have been seasoned in foil, grill for about 20 minutes or until tender. Then seasoned and grill for about 3 more minutes.
How to Trim Brussel Sprouts:
Before cooking the Brussel Sprouts on the grill, make sure you cut the ends off and then slice in half. They cook better and trimming the ends off removes the tough part.
Make sure to remove the outer leaves that have brown spots.
What to Serve with Brussel Sprouts?
Brussel Sprouts can be served along side many different meats. These are so easy options that can be grilled with the Brussel Sprouts.
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops – Boneless Pork Chops Grill recipe is one of our favorite grilling recipe. The pork chops are seasoned and grilled to perfection. The results are juicy, flavorful pork chops that are sure to please your family.
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe – Grilled Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce is a family favorite. We love making chicken for game day, for a snack or as a main dish. These Buffalo Chicken Wings are simple to make with easy ingredients.
- Turkey Breast Grilled Recipe – Grilled Turkey Breast comes out full of smokey flavor, crispy skin, and juicy on the inside. This tender turkey breast is a family favorite and easy to make.
Grilled Brussel Spouts Parmesan Tips:
- Cook in Oven – You can also make these in the oven. Bake the foil packet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until tender. Then top with the parmesan cheese.
- Brussel Sprouts – Cut and wash Brussel Sprouts before seasoning and placing on the grill.
- Seasoning – Cover the Brussel Sprouts in the seasoning and oil.
- Heavy Duty Foil – Make sure to use heavy duty foil when grilling foil packets. This makes sure that the foil stays in tact while grilling.
- Add Bacon – For even more flavor, add in some chopped bacon. You can even use bacon bits or chop the already cooked bacon.
- Fresh Parmesan – Use fresh parmesan instead of grated parmesan for this easy side dish.
- Cook with Sausage – Adding in smoked sausage with this recipe taste amazing. It gives it so much flavor. We like to serve over rice for a complete meal.
- Add in Fresh Garlic – We used garlic powder in this recipe, but fresh garlic would be delicious in this recipe.
- Change the Seasoning – You can use garlic powder instead of minced garlic if you prefer. Add sea salt or other types of seasoning.
- Change the Oil – Use melted butter over the Brussel Sprouts or other types of oil.
- Feta Cheese – Toss a handful of feta cheese with your cooked brussel sprouts. The combination of the flavors really has become a family favorite.
- Drizzle with Syrup – Another favorite that we have recently discovered is drizzling maple syrup on top of cooked brussel sprouts.
How do you keep Brussel Sprouts from getting Soggy on the Grill:
When preparing your grill, make sure that it is set to medium high heat. If your temperature is set to low, it makes the Brussel sprouts soft. Cooking on high heat allows the juices from the vegetables to caramelize.
Combing the seasoning with the Brussel Sprouts gives them so much flavor. These Brussel Sprouts cook tender and crispy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftover garlic parmesan roasted brussels sprouts in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Parmesan Brussel Sprouts:
Grilled Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel Sprouts cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F). Cut the Brussel Sprouts in half. Wash the Brussel sprouts and pat them dry.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on top and season them with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the Brussel sprouts to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Place the Brussel sprouts on a large piece of foil. Seal the edges of the foil to form a foil packet.
- Place the foil packet on the grill and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are tender.
- Open the foil pack. Be careful when opening the foil packet as steam will release from the pack. Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese on top. Close the foil packet and allow the foil packet to sit for 3-5 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Then serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe