If you are looking for an easy side dish for your steak, make Blackstone Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions for Steaks. Easy to make and so delicious.
Blackstone Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions for Steak:
Blackstone Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions is an easy side dish or topping for your steaks. We love to top our sirloin steaks but you can easily add them to your breakfast foods or your pasta dishes.
My family really loves the mushroom and onion combination. It adds so much flavor to our steaks and requires very little seasoning. They cook perfectly on the Blackstone Griddle because of its large surface.
We love making Blackstone Recipes. When we can cook everything on the Blackstone we do. It saves me so much time and everything gets done about the same time.
How to Sauté Mushrooms and Onions on Blackstone:
Prepare the mushrooms and onions by slicing them in thinly slices. Once the grill is oiled and heated, add the onions and mushrooms on the griddle. While the vegetables are cooking, stir them around on the griddle for about 2-3 minutes.
Continue cooking the mushrooms and onions until they are tender and golden brown.
- Fresh Mushrooms
- White Onion
- Avocado Oil
How to Make Mushrooms and Onions for Steak:
- Slice Onions and Mushrooms – Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and slice them into thick slices (approximately 1/2-⅜ inch thick). Cut the onion into 3/8-½ inch thick half moon slices.
- Prepare Grill and spread with oil – Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F). Then spread the avocado oil and the butter onto the grill.
- Season Mushrooms and Onions – Once the butter is melted, add the sliced mushrooms and onions to the grill. Season them with the salt and pepper.
- Cook vegetables – Let the mushrooms and onions cook on the griddle for 2-3 without tossing them. Then gently toss the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes stirring until the mushrooms are browned on both sides.
- Continue cooking – Then continue to saute the mushrooms and onions on the grill until they are the tenderness that you prefer (2-3 more minutes).
- Serve and Enjoy – Remove from the grill and serve as it or over steak. Enjoy!
- Use Different Types of Mushrooms – We usually use the white button mushrooms, but you can use portobello mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, or shiitake mushrooms.
- Onions – White onions are the best option but you can also use yellow onion.
- Use different Seasoning – In this recipe, we used simple seasoning but you also add in some garlic powder. White wine is also a great addition to season the vegetables with.
- Add in Other Vegetables – If we have them, we like to toss in some bell peppers as they are great on top of steak.
- Vinegar. Try adding a splash of balsamic vinegar or red white vinegar. It adds a great flavor if you want to try something different.
How to Clean and Slice Mushrooms:
To prepare your mushrooms, make sure that you do not soak them in water. You want to gently wipe them down to clean off any dirt. If mushrooms retain to much water the can become mushy.
- Slicing Whole Mushrooms – We recommend before slicing large mushrooms to wipe them down with a damp paper towel. You can wash them with water, but make sure you dry them before slicing.
- Sliced Mushrooms – If you are cooking with sliced mushrooms, you can rinse them a colander but do not let them soak. Let the mushrooms dry on a paper towel.
Sauteed Mushrooms and Onion Tips:
- Keto Friendly – Onions are low in carbs and are Keto Friendly. Perfect to any of your keto meals and since they are grilled in butter fits into a keto diet meal plan.
- Cast Iron Skillet – You can also cook these onions in a cast iron skillet or large skillet oiled with olive oil if you do not have a Blackstone.
- Butter – When you put butter on the griddle, don’t let it burn. If you do, you need to start over.
- Medium High Heat – Cook Mushrooms and Onions over medium high heat. They release a lot of moisture so need to be quickly cooked on the griddle.
How to Serve Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions:
- Grilled Steak (Try Blackstone Ribeye Steak Recipe, Blackstone Hibachi Steak Recipe, Blackstone Steak Recipe, or Blackstone Sirloin Steak Recipe)
- Over Omelets
- Grilled Pork Chops
- On Burgers
- Philly Cheesesteaks Sandwiches
How to Store Leftovers:
These mushrooms and onions are best served fresh but you can refrigerate any leftover mushrooms in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Recommended Blackstone Tools:
Print Recipe here for Blackstone Mushrooms and Onions for Steak:
Blackstone Mushrooms and Onions for Steak
- 1 pound Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and slice them into thick slices (approximately 1/2-⅜ inch thick). Cut the onion into 3/8-½ inch thick half moon slices.
- Preheat the Blackstone grill over medium high heat (approximately 450 degrees F). Then spread the avocado oil and the butter onto the grill. Once the butter is melted, add the sliced mushrooms and onions to the grill. Season them with the salt and pepper.
- Let the mushrooms and onions cook on the griddle for 2-3 without tossing them. Then gently toss the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 more minutes until the mushrooms are browned on both sides. Then continue to toss the mushrooms and onions on the grill until they are the tenderness that you prefer (2-3 more minutes).
- Remove from the grill and serve as it or over steak. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe