You are going to love this Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs. The sweet and savory glazed makes these chicken thighs so delicious.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs Recipe:
These Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs are grilled to perfection with a delicious sweet and savory glaze. Packed with flavor, this chicken thigh recipe is made with simple ingredients.
We love to grill when the weather gets warmer and chicken thighs always grill perfectly. They turn out so flavor, tender and juicy and adding this easy glaze makes them even better.
If you are looking for a simple chicken thighs recipe, make this Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs Recipe. It is the perfect weeknight meal combined with your favorite sides.
For the Chicken:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (trimmed)
For the Glaze:
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sriracha Sauce
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
How to Grill Chicken with Thighs Brown Sugar Glazed:
- Step 1 – Combine Glaze Ingredients – Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Reserve approximately ½ cup of the glaze for later use.
- Step 2 – Place chicken in marinade – Add the chicken thighs to the large mixing bowl and toss to coat the chicken with the glaze mixture.
- Step 3 – Marinate Chicken – Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate the chicken (you can store for up to 4 hours).
- Step 4 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat, about 400 degrees. Let the chicken mixture sit at room temperature while the grill is preheating so that it will come to room temperature.
- Step 5 – Oil Grill Grates – Brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Step 6 – Place chicken on grill – Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Step 7 – Add glaze to chicken – Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the reserved glaze on both sides of the chicken and let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy.
How to Make the Brown Sugar Glaze:
The Brown Sugar Glaze is made up of simple ingredients. You can use store bought marinade if you prefer, but making homemade is just as easy. We love making homemade sauce as you can control how much ingredients you add.
I love this marinade as I usually have all the ingredients in my pantry.
- Place the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, and in a bowl. Then add in Sriracha Sauce, Minced Garlic, and Black Pepper.
- Whisk together these ingredients until fully combined.
- You will use a portion of this to add to the chicken after it has cooked.
This brown sugar chicken thighs glaze seasoning can easily be changed. You can add in some lime juice, olive oil or any seasoning you prefer.
Easy Brown Sugar Marinade:
Before grilling the chicken thighs, we like to marinade the chicken in this delicious marinade. Then we reserve a portion of it to add to the chicken once it has cooked.
We recommend adding the glaze to the chicken after it has slowly cooked to perfection. Once your chicken is reading an internal temperature of 165 degrees then add your brown sugar glaze.
We brush the glaze on each side of the chicken thighs and then allow it to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Anytime we grill chicken thighs, chicken breast, ribs or pork this is a great glaze to use with types of meat.
How Long to Grill Chicken Thighs:
The cook times will vary based on the size of the chicken. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the correct temperature.
Using a meat thermometer will make sure you do not overcook your chicken thighs. We recommend staying close to the grill to ensure your chicken doesn’t burn.
We grilled each side about 4-6 minutes on indirect heat. After this cooking time, check the internal temperature. Make sure it reads 165 degrees and then you can add the glaze.
These chicken thighs can also be cooked in the preheated oven at 400 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes on each side. This is the perfect way to enjoy this delicious recipe cooked indoors.
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken Thighs?
There are many delicious sides that would be great served with these chicken thighs. We love to make sides on the grill for an easy clean up. These are some of our favorites.
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes – These sweet potatoes are sliced and grilled to perfection. We love the hint of smoky flavor the grill gives the sweet potato.
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil – We love to grill our side in foil packs. It makes it easy and the potatoes come out tender and cooked to perfection.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – These Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus are always a crowd favorite. Delicious and easy to make asparagus.
- More Grilled Chicken Side Dishes
- More Side dishes for chicken thighs
Can I use Bone-In Chicken Thighs?
You can use bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe but they will take longer to cook. Grill bone-in thighs for 9-14 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Then let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes and the chicken is ready to enjoy.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Grilled Chicken Thighs are a Family Favorite:
Chicken thighs are often a meat that is overlooked. It is one of the most juiciest, flavorful part of the chicken. Plus they budget friendly, compared to chicken breast.
Chicken thighs have more flavor and are easier to cook as they don’t dry out as fast as chicken breast. Marinating the chicken in the easy seasoning making them full of flavor.
Print Recipe here for Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs:
Grilled Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken Thighs
For the Chicken:
- 8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs trimmed
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Reserve approximately ½ cup of the glaze for later use.
- Add the chicken thighs to the large mixing bowl and toss to coat the chicken with the glaze mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate the chicken (you can store for up to 4 hours).
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees F) and let the chicken mixture sit at room temperature while the grill is preheating so that it will come to room temperature. Brush the grill grates with oil so that the chicken does not stick to the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill over direct heat for 4-6 minutes per side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill. Brush the reserved glaze on both sides of the chicken and let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Then the chicken is ready to serve and enjoy
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe