Smoked Cream Cheese is a delicious seasoned dip that is full of flavor. Serve warm with your favorite crackers for the perfect party dip.
Easy Smoked Cream Cheese Recipe:
If you are looking for an easy appetizer to smoke this summer, make Smoked Cream Cheese. This cream, delicious dip is seasoned with simple ingredients and placed in the smoker and cooked to perfection.
You are going to love this popular dip. We are all about dips and this creamy, cheesy dip is one of our favorites. I love that the smoker does all the work and the results are a smoky yet flavorful dip that is loved by all.
We have started to use our smoker more and if you are new to smoking recipes, make this one be your first. It is the perfect party dip and once your guest dip into it, they will be going in for more.
- Block of Cream Cheese (full-fat)
- Chili Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Favorite Dippers: Crackers, veggies, etc.
How to Smoke Cream Cheese:
- Step 1 – Heat Smoker – Preheat a pellet smoker with a water pan to 225 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Stir Seasoning Ingredients – Stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Coat the top and the sides of the cream cheese with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 3 – Cut Cream Cheese – With a sharp knife, cut a criss-cross pattern diagonally on top of the cream cheese approximately halfway through the cream cheese.
- Step 4 – Place Cream Cheese in Skillet – Place the cream cheese in a small cast iron pan or baking pan.
Step 5 – Place cream cheese in smoker – Immediately place the cream cheese in the smoker.
- Step 6 – Smoke Cream Cheese – Smoke for approximately 2 hours until the cream cheese is warmed throughout.
- Step 7 – Serve warm with your favorite type of dippers and enjoy!
Smoked Cream Cheese Tips:
- Wood Chips – Make sure to add chips to the smoker every 15 minutes if your smoker does not have an automatic feature. You can also use a pellet grill.
- Cream Cheese – Make sure that the cream cheese is cold when putting it in the smoker or it might melt when cooking.
- Full Fat Cream Cheese – We recommend using Full Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Low fat cream cheese doesn’t melt as well as full fat cream cheese.
- Seasoning – We recommend completely cover the bricks of cream cheese with the seasoning. This allows for the cream cheese to be full of flavor.
- Cast Iron Skillet – Place the cream cheese in a cast iron skillet to cook the cream cheese. It cooks in the skillet and you can also use it for serving. You can also smoke the cream cheese on aluminum foil.
- Cut the Cream Cheese – Cut the cream cheese in criss-cross pattern before cooking. This is allows for the cream cheese to cook thoroughly.
How Long to Smoke Cream Cheese:
Depending on your smoker, it will take about 2 hours to cook the cream cheese. You want to make sure the cream warm throughout for the best cream cheese dip.
How to Serve Smoked Cream Cheese:
There are many ways to serve this smoked cream cheese. This budget friendly dip is perfectly served a variety of ways.
- Crackers – We love making a charcuterie board when we make smoked cream cheese. We have tray loaded with different types of crackers.
- Bagels – Get some mini bagels and spread some smoked cream cheese over the top. We like to toast and drizzle with olive oil and then spread the cream cheese.
- Tortilla Chips – If you are making a Mexican dish, top your cream cheese with taco seasoning. Then serve with a side of tortilla chips to take Taco Tuesday to the next level.
- Vegetable Tray – Make a vegetable try loaded with raw vegetables such as broccoli, carrots and cauliflower for a delicious side.
How to Store:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. We recommend covering with plastic wrap and allow the plastic wrap to touch the cream cheese. This helps to prevents moisture in getting on the leftovers.
Can you Freeze Cream Cheese?
Yes, you can freeze cream cheese but we do not recommend using frozen cream cheese for this recipe.
When the cream cheese thaws, the texture may change which could result in the dip not being good.
But if you prefer to freeze cream cheese, make sure to wrap in plastic wrap before freezing.
Smoked Cream Cheese Variations:
- Make a Sweet Variation – If you would like to serve a sweet smoked cream cheese, season with sugar and cinnamon. Add in brown sugar and honey for the perfect sweet dip. Serve with apples, cinnamon chips or cannoli shells.
- Sweet and Savory Dip – Top the cream cheese with pepper jelly for a delicious sweet and savory dip. You can season the cream cheese and smoke or smoke it with not seasoning. Then top with the pepper jelly for a delicious appetizer.
- Mexican Dip – Change up taco Tuesday and make a Mexican Dip. Seasoning the cream with taco seasoning and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
- Ranch Dip – Sprinkle the top of the cream cheese with ranch seasoning packet. You can also use onion powder, garlic powder, dip, salt and pepper.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – This seasoning is so popular and we always have it stocked. It is easy choice to add to your cream cheese and smoked.
- Favorite BBQ Rub – Smoke your cream cheese and then pour your favorite BBQ Sauce. You can make your own or use store bought BBQ Sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions:
In this recipe we recommend using full fat cream cheese. Low-fat cream cheese does not turn as creamy.
Smoked cream cheese dip is better served hot.
Print Recipe here for Smoked Cream Cheese:
Smoked Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese full-fat
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Favorite Dippers: Crackers veggies, etc.
- Preheat a smoker with a water pan to 225 degrees F.
- Stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Coat the top and the sides of the cream cheese with the seasoning mixture.
- With a sharp knife, cut a criss-cross pattern diagonally on top of the cream cheese approximately halfway through the cream cheese.
- Place the cream cheese in a small cast iron pan or baking pan.
- Immediately place the cream cheese in the smoker and smoke for approximately 2 hours until the cream cheese is warmed throughout.
- Serve warm with your favorite type of dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe