This Smoked Salmon Dip is perfect served with crackers, slice bread and more. If you are looking for an easy appetizer, make this smoked dip.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe:
This smoked salmon dip is loaded with flavor. It is the perfect dip to make with leftover cooked salmon. This salmon dip is perfect for an appetizer at your next family gathering.
This festive salmon dip is perfect for all occasion. It has a creamy base and taste amazing. The creamy texture makes it easy to dip your favorite crackers or raw vegetables.
This Smoked Salmon Dip is a crowd favorite. We love to place in small bowl and place on a charcuterie board with veggies and bagel chips. Impress your family and friends with this easy smoked salmon dip.
Salmon Dip Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lemon (juiced)
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Dill (chopped)
- Smoked Salmon (flaked)
How to Make Smoked Salmon Dip:
- Step 1 – Combine Ingredients – Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice. Add in minced garlic, fresh dill and salt with a hand held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Step 2 – Mix in Salmon – Stir the flaked salmon into the mixture until well combined.
- Step 3 – Chill Dip – Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve cold with your favorite dippers and enjoy.
- Combining Ingredients – You want the ingredients to be smooth and creamy. Blend with a hand held mixer to create the best texture.
- Salmon – Prepare the salmon ahead of time and the shred with a food processor with a fork.
- Chill Dip – After combining the ingredients make sure to cover with plastic wrap. Then allow the salmon dip to chill for at least an hour.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – For the best results, we recommend the cream cheese be at room temperature. This allows you to easily combine with the other ingredients.
- Serving – This dip is best served cold, so if it is not being served we recommend keeping in the fridge.
Dip for Smoked Salmon Variation Ideas:
- Lemon Juice – We recommend squeezing in fresh lemon juice and adding in lemon zest to balance out the flavors.
- Seasoning – This salmon dip is great with added fresh herbs, pepper, and more. Feel free to change or add in seasoning of your choice.
- Fresh Vegetables – For added flavor and texture add in chopped up vegetables. You can add in chopped red onion, green onion, and fresh chives.
- Mayonnaise – You can also easily add in mayonnaise for added flavor and creaminess to the dip.
- Smoked Fish – You can purchase smoked salmon at the store or make homemade hot smoked salmon. We just recommend quality smoked salmon to make this recipe with.
- Extra Spice – If you prefer the dip to have an extra kick. You can mix in hot sauce, red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Horseradish – Feel free to add in a spoonful of horseradish for amazing flavor.
- Greek Yogurt – If you prefer a light option, substitute the sour cream with yogurt. It will still give you that creamy texture.
Can I Use Salmon Dip as a Spread?
Yes, this dip has the perfect texture to spread on bagels or sourdough bread. It would be the perfect spread to serve for a brunch for a wedding shower.
The Best Way to Serve Smoked Salmon Dip:
This dip is super easy and one we make often. It looks and taste fancy but it is easy to make. We love to serve it with many different options, feel free to choose your favorites.
- Crackers– There are many different crackers to serve with this dip. Choose from sesame, wheat thins, veggie, Triscuits or any type you like.
- Baguettes – We love to buy baguettes and toast them. Toasted baguettes and crusty bread are great for dipping into this dip. Crostini is also a family favorite.
- Veggies– Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber slices, bell peppers, and broccoli.
- Chips – Tortilla chips, potato chips, or corn chips- Both of these are great options for dipping.
Can you Prepare Ahead of time?
If you are looking for a dip to prepare ahead of time, this salmon dip is the perfect one to make. The ingredients marinate well together. The longer they sit together.
We like to make it the night before to easily serve the next day.
How to Store Leftovers:
Cover and refrigerate the leftovers for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for best results.
Print Recipe for Smoked Salmon Dip:
Smoked Salmon Dip
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, minced garlic, fresh dill and salt with a hand held mixer until smooth and combined.
- Stir the flaked salmon into the mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe