Learn How to Smoke Bacon for a quick and easy to enjoy bacon. You can add this smoked bacon to recipes or enjoy it for breakfast.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Smoked Bacon Recipe:
This smoked bacon recipe is quick and easy and one of the only ways I enjoy bacon. We used store-bought bacon slices, but you can also enjoy homemade bacon by making your own.
Making homemade bacon strips, means that you would need to purchase a large pork belly. It requires many steps and a curing process with cure mixture. In this recipe we made it simple by using already prepared bacon.
These simple steps using your pellet grill will have your enjoying smoke flavour bacon in no time. The grocery store bacon smoke time is less than 30 minutes and the results is amazing smoke flavor.
What is the Best Bacon to Use?
You can smoke any type of bacon, but we recommend the thick cut bacon. We recommend the hickory or the apple flavor bacon.
- Thick Cut Bacon
How to Cook Bacon in a Smoker:
- Step 1 – Heat the Smoker – Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub the smoker grill gates with oil to keep the bacon from sticking to the grates.
- Step 2 – Add the Wood Chips – Load the smoker with apple, maple or hickory wood chips (whichever you prefer).
- Step 3 – Place bacon in smoker – Place the slices of bacon directly on the wire rack in the smoker. Smoke for 20-30 minutes until the bacon is cooked to the crispiness that you prefer.
- Step 4 – Remove Bacon – Carefully remove the bacon from the grill. Let it cool for a few minutes, then it’s ready to serve and enjoy. You may need to place on a paper towel lined baking sheet to remove any bacon grease.
How Long to Smoke Bacon:
Smoking bacon doesn’t take long when you use store bought bacon. Smoke the bacon for about 20 to 30 minutes or until it is the crispy texture you prefer.
Will Bacon get Crispy in a Smoker?
Yes, the bacon will get crispy in the smoker. After cooking the bacon for about 30 minutes, you can turn the smoker to 400 degrees. Allow the bacon to cook for an additional 30 minutes to get crispy.
Why is Smoking Bacon so good?
- Simple Ingredients – You only need oil and bacon to make bacon. It comes out flavorful and can be used for many different recipes.
- Cooks Fast – No need to worry about bacon grease when you can cook it fast and easily in the smoker.
- Adding Seasoning – If you want a sweet and savory flavor of bacon you can easily add brown sugar. The results are a candied type flavor of bacon. Try seasoning with kosher salt, black pepper, or garlic powder for amazing flavor.
What is the best wood pellets to use?
We have made this homemade smoked bacon with apple wood, maple or hickory wood chips. You can even add a mixture of apple and cherry for amazing flavor.
Smoker Bacon Recipes:
We think that adding bacon to recipes just makes the taste better. If you have leftover bacon, use it with one of these delicious recipes.
- Blackstone Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe – If you are looking for a burger that will be a game changer for your family. Make this Blackstone Bacon Cheddar burger. Easy ingredients and simple to make these will be on your menu every week.
- Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon Recipe – This Blackstone Green Beans with Bacon recipe is one of our family favorites. It is made with canned greens and seasoned with ingredients. Adding in this smoked bacon makes it even better.
- Bacon Fried Corn Recipe – Blackstone Fried Corn is the perfect side dish for all your summer BBQs or weeknight meals. Serve it with hamburgers, fish, or chicken and your family will love the flavors of the corn and bacon combined.
Other Ways to Enjoy Smoked Bacon:
- Make a Sandwich – There is nothing better than a BLT. Bacon Lettuce and tomato sandwich is loaded with flavor. You can even make a turkey and bacon sandwich or add it to your next grilled cheese.
- Breakfast – Bacon goes great with pancakes or waffles. Add a side of fruit for a delicious breakfast as you send them off to school. This is a great option and why I like to make the bacon ahead of time.
- Make Bacon Bits – Crumble the cooked bacon to make homemade bacon bits.
Perfect to put on a salad or on a baked potato.
- Make Brunch – There is nothing better than a weekend brunch. Start the bacon as your making cheesy potatoes, biscuits and fruit. The perfect way to start the weekend.
- Easy Bacon Biscuits – Homemade biscuits are so easy. Top your biscuit with bacon, egg and cheese as your are heading out the door.
- Casserole – Crumble the smoked bacon up and add it to Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole. I love to enjoy breakfast with the family at least once a week. Having the bacon already smoked allows me to easily add it to this recipe.
- Stick to the Basic – Have Bacon and Eggs scramble for a delicious and easy way to start the day.
- Adding Wood Chips – Make sure to add chips to the smoker every 15 minutes. If your smoker does not have an automatic feature.
- Prepare Smoker – Make sure to oil the grill grates with oil before adding on the bacon. This prevents the bacon from sticking to the grates.
- Cooling Rack – Once the bacon is finished cooking, you can place on paper towels or a cooling rack. The bacon is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Make Ahead – This recipe is great to pre-make bacon for the family for the entire week. I love to make a big batch of bacon for the week. Everyone can enjoy all week for a quick breakfast or to make a BLT for lunch.
- Cure Bacon at home – If you are making bacon from scratch. Make sure you know the ratios for the curing salt to bacon thickness. Smoking pork belly takes a lot more steps and time. Cured and smoked bacon needs to reach internal temperature of 155 degrees.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can use a vacuum sealer to vacuum seal and store your leftovers. We usually place the bacon in a ziplock bag and enjoy it throughout the week.
You can also place the smoked bacon in the freezer by wrapping with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Then place in a plastic bag. It will stay fresh from up to 2 months,
Print Recipe for How to Smoke Bacon:
How to Smoke Bacon
- 12 slices Thick Cut Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and rub the smoker grill gates with oil to keep the bacon from sticking to the grates.
- Load the smoker with apple, maple or hickory wood chips (whichever you prefer).
- Place the slices of bacon directly on the grill grates in the smoker. Smoke for 20-30 minutes until the bacon is cooked to the crispiness that you prefer.
- Carefully remove the bacon from the grill. Let it cool for a few minutes, then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe