Add flavor to every dish with this Smoked Garlic. All you need is olive oil and the results are buttery and delicious garlic.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Smoked garlic is the perfect ingredient added to many different recipes. We love adding it to our Homemade Seasoning Recipes to compliment many recipes.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
- Amazing Flavor – Smoking garlic really enhances the flavor. No need to add a ton of seasoning. The olive oil that is added deepens the flavor giving your recipes amazing smokiness flavor.
- Simple Steps – These easy steps will have you enjoying smoked garlic in no time. No special equipment needed for the smoking process. As long as you have a smoker, you can make this garlic.
- Budget Friendly Recipe – You only need 2 ingredients to make this recipe. Fresh garlic is budget friendly but takes your recipes to the next level.
- Regular Garlic Bulbs
- Olive Oil
Scroll to the bottom for the full list of ingredients and recipe in the recipe card.
To enhance the smoky flavors feel free to add sauces or additional seasoning to your smoked garlic. Here are some of our favorite additions:
- Black Pepper
- BBQ Sauce
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Preheat a smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully cut the tops off of the whole garlic heads to expose the cloves inside.
Step 2 – Place the garlic heads cut side up on a baking sheet. Then drizzle the olive oil on top so that the oil can seep down into the cloves of the garlic.
- Step 3 – Then place the entire baking sheet in the smoker. Smoke for approximately 1 hour.
- Step 4 – Turn the temperature up on the smoker to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Smoke the garlic for 30-45 more minutes until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
- Step 5 – Remove and carefully remove the cloves from the bulb and then it’s ready to use and enjoy.
- Prepare Smoker – Before placing the garlic in the smoker, make sure to preheat the smoker to 225 degrees. You can use a pellet grill, pellet smoker and feel free to use different types wood chips. To give it the rich flavor, use hickory, oak, or mesquite wood chips.
- Prepare the Garlic – Make sure to cut the tops of the garlic of the whole heads to expose the cloves with a sharp knife. This helps to give the clove so much flavor.
- Smoking Garlic – You will smoke the garlic at 225 degrees for an hour and then increase the temperature to continue smoking. You will smoke the garlic until they are golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
The smoked garlic will keep for up to 1 month in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator.
You can also store smoked garlic in the freezer. After removing the cloves place in a freezer safe container. We recommend flash freezing them individual cloves by placing on a baking sheet to freeze for about an hour. This way you can take out a few at a time.
More Easy Smoked Recipes
We love hearing from you. If you make this smoked garlic cloves recipe, please leave a comment or a star review.
- 1 pound Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat a smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully cut the tops off of the whole garlic heads to expose the cloves inside.
- Place the garlic heads cut side up on a baking sheet and drizzle the olive oil on top so that the oil can seep down into the cloves of the garlic.
- Then place the entire baking sheet in the smoker. Smoke for approximately 1 hour.
- Turn the temperature up on the smoker to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Smoke the garlic for 30-45 more minutes until the garlic is golden brown and soft.
- Remove and carefully remove the cloves from the heads of garlic and then it’s ready to use and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe