This 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade is a delicious blend of simple ingredients. This marinade gives your cut of beef so much flavor.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade Recipe:
We love making homemade marinades so we can control the ingredients. This marinade is one of our favorites as the ingredients are so simple. If you are looking for the best steak marinade, this is the one to make.
When you marinate your steak in this marinade it will taste just like a fancy steakhouse steak. Grilling steaks at home will save you time and money. Starting with this 3-ingredient steak marinade helps with that.
Whether you are grilling a steak or cooking in a cast iron skillet. This is the easy steak marinade recipe to make. Serve your delicious steak with your favorite side dish for an amazing meal idea.
What is A Marinade?
Using a marinade is a must when preparing any type of meat. The combination of the steak marinade ingredients usually consist of an acid, oil and flavoring.
Marinating your steak gives it lots of flavoring and the longer you marinate makes it enhance the flavoring.
- Oil (vegetable or olive oil will work)
- Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
How to Make 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade:
- Step 1 – Mix Ingredients – In a bowl or a large gallon size bag, mix together the oil, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Step 2 – Add the Steak – Add in the steak and marinade for at least 30 minutes. But no longer than 24 hours.
- Step 3 – Grill Steaks – Grill to the desired doneness.
How Long to Marinate Steak:
We recommend marinating steaks for at least 30 but no more than 24 hours. We usually meal prep our meals and prepare the steaks the night before grilling. Marinating the steak really helps to enhance the flavoring.
We do not recommend marinating your steaks for any longer than 24 hours. The vinegar in this marinade recipe will begin to break down the meat. You will end up with a mushy steak.
Once you have marinated the steak, it is ready to grill or cook in a skillet. Make sure the steak is at room temperature before grilling.
What Type of Steaks Should I Use?
This marinade can be used for many different types of steaks. We have even used it for chicken or pork chops with delicious results. These steaks cook with amazing flavor and you will love the juicy results.
These are some of the different cuts of meat that we have tried and loved.
- Sirloin Steak
- New York Strip
- Skirt Steak
- Flank Steak
- Beef Tenderloin
- Filet Mignon
How Long to Cook Steaks:
A digital meat thermometer is the best way to gauge doneness until you get the hang of it. This basic guide is what we use to determine how we like our steaks cooked.
- 135 °F: Medium Rare
- 145° F: Medium
- 150°F: Medium Well
- 160° F: Well Done
Steak Marinade 3 Ingredients Recipe Tips:
- Combine Ingredients – Combine the 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Make sure all the ingredients mix together completely.
- Marinating Steak – I like to place the steaks in a zip lock bag or baking dish. Then pour the marinade over the top. Allow the steaks to marinate for at least 30 minutes for best results.
- Grilled Steaks – Use a meat thermometer to grill the steaks to your preferred temperature.
Marinade Variations Ideas:
Feel free to change the ingredients to what you prefer or have on hand. You can easily substitute or add in fresh herbs to this marinade recipe. Here are some of our suggestions and really enhance the flavoring.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Italian Dressing
Best Side Dishes for Steak:
When we grill out steaks, we like to prepare our sides on the grill for an easy cleanup. These are some of our favorite side dishes that grill perfectly and are easy to make.
- Grilled Vegetables in Foil Recipe – This Grilled Vegetables in Foil is a healthy side dish that everyone will love. Grilled vegetables are cooked to perfection and full of flavor.
- Grilled Carrots in Foil – Grilled Carrots in Foil is a easy side dish that compliments any meal. All you need is carrots, foil and simple seasoning to make this recipe. These carrots taste great and grilling them really enhances their sweetness.
- Easy Grilled Potatoes in Foil – Grilled Potatoes in Foil is the perfect side dish. It is made easily on the grill or in the oven. 5 Ingredients makes this recipe so easy to make.
Can you Freeze Steak Marinade?
Yes, you can easily freeze this steak marinade with the steak.
If you are unable to cook your marinade steak within 24 hours, then freeze it. This is the best steak marinade for freezing. Just pop the bag with the steaks and marinade in the freezer.
When you’re able to cook the steaks, simply remove from the freezer and let thaw before cooking. As the meat thaws the marinade will do its thing.
Then grill or cook the steaks as your prefer for amazing results.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftover steak marinade, store in an air tight container. We recommend only storing the unused marinade in the fridge. This marinade will last up to 3 days.
If you have leftover steak, store in an air tight container. Then reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
More Easy Marinade Recipes:
- Italian Dressing Steak Marinade
- Chicken Fajita Marinade Recipe
- Balsamic Steak Marinade
- Grilled Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
3 Ingredient Steak Marinade
- In a bowl or a large gallon size bag, mix together the oil, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Add in the steak and marinade for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Grill to the desired doneness.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe