Grilled Grouper Recipe is a family favorite white fish. It takes minutes to grill and is perfectly paired with many different side dishes.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Grouper Recipe:
We love to grill different types of seafood for a quick, easy and healthy meal idea. This Grilled Grouper is one of our favorite because of the mild flavor. It is seasoned with simple seasoning, making it one of our favorites.
Grouper can easily be fried, but we prefer to grill for a moist and flaky result. It pairs perfectly with many different side dishes and you can easily change the seasoning to what you prefer.
We love the way the grill gives the grouper the perfect grill marks and the smoky flavor. If you are looking for a new seafood recipe to make on the grill, try this delicious white fish.
What is Grouper?
This saltwater fish is commonly found in the Gulf. The taste of the fish may vary based on what it is caught. Some grouper may have a mild taste but others may result with more flavor.
You can fry or grill this fish and even make a grouper sandwich.
- Fillets Grouper
- Butter (melted)
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Lemon (juiced)
How to Cook Grouper on the Grill:
- Step 1 – Oil Grill Grates – Clean the grill grates thoroughly and then rub the grates with olive oil.
- Step 2 – Prepare Grill – Preheat the grill to medium high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 3 – Season Grouper – Brush both sides of the fresh grouper with the melted butter (do not use all the butter). Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Melt butter in a small bowl.
- Step 4 – Grill – Place the fish on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5 – Brush with butter – Brush the top of the fish fillets with melted butter.
- Step 6 – Flip Grouper – Carefully flip the fillets. Then brush the other side of the fish with the melted butter.
- Step 7 – Cook Grouper – Cook for 4-6 more minutes until the fish flakes easily/.
- Step 8 – Remove fish – Remove the fish from the grill. Cover it with aluminum foil and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 9 – Garnish, serve and enjoy – Top the fish with the fresh lemon juice. Then it’s ready to serve and enjoy. You can also squeeze fresh lime juice or oranges over the top.
- Grill Grouper Fillets – We grilled the fish directly on the grill grates over medium high heat. But you can use a fish basket or fish grate if you prefer.
- Choosing Grouper – We usually get our grouper at our local meat market or grocery store. The perfect grouper will be firm and moist.
- Overcooking – It is easy to overcook this fish. Make sure to watch it closely. Once it starts flaking with a fork, it is finished cooking. Cooking time may vary based on the size of the fish.
- Grill Grates – Make sure to oil the grill grates with olive oil or vegetable oil of your choice. This will prevent the fish from sticking.
- Seasoning Grouper – We recommend to season both sides of the grouper before adding to the grill. While grilling, continue to add melted butter through out the grilling process.
- Rest Grouper – After removing the grouper from the grill, allow it to rest on a platter. Cover with foil as it rest to lock in the juices.
Flavor Variation Ideas:
There are many ways to season this Grouper. The grouper is so flavorful, that it can be cooked with minimal seasoning. These are some delicious options that are a must try.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Herbs and Spices
These seasoning will easily work on many different sea food recipes. You can use it on sea bass, halibut and more.
What to Serve with Grilled Grouper:
This healthy fish is light and refreshing. So we like to keep our sides dishes on the healthier side. These are some of our favorites.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Mango Salsa
- Sweet Potato Fries
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you prefer, you can also freeze the leftovers in a freezer container. It is best to serve within 2 months of freezing.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, you can use frozen grouper in this recipe. We recommend thawing the grouper before seasoning and placing on the grill.
Grilled Grouper has a light, mild flavor. It also has a sweet flavor that is similar to the sea bass.
Before placing the grouper on the grill, make sure to clean and remove any debris. You want to also make sure to oil the grill grates. This helps to cook and flip the grouper without sticking.
Print Recipe for Grilled Grouper:
- Clean the grill grates thoroughly and then rub the grates with oil.
- Preheat the grill over high heat (approximately 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Brush both sides of the fish with the melted butter (do not use all the butter). Season both sides of the fish fillets with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Place the fish on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Brush the top of the fish fillets with melted butter.
- Carefully flip the fillets and brush the other side of the fish with the melted butter.
- Cook for 4-6 more minutes until the fish flakes easily/.
- Remove the fish from the grill. Cover it with foil and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Top the fish with the lemon juice and then it’s ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Grilled Seafood Recipes:
- Grilled Mahi Mahi Recipe
- Easy Grilled Shrimp in Foil Recipe
- Grilled Tilapia in Foil Recipe
- Grilled Haddock