Grilled Haddock is seasoned perfectly and grilled for a flavorful fish recipe. This healthy dinner idea is amazing with your favorite side dish.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Grilled Haddock Recipe:
All you need is a few simple seasoning to give this grilled haddock fish so much flavor. It cooks easily on the grill and the results is a juicy, tender, flaky cooked fish.
This grilled haddock can be served with many different side dishes. Add your favorite for a delicious complete meal idea. Outdoor grilling is our favorite way to easily cook our meals in the summer. This grilled haddock is one of our favorites.
What is Haddock?
Haddock is a salt water fish that is has a mild flavor with a hint of sweet flavor. It cooks firm and flaky on the grill, baked, pan fried and even in the smoker.
- Haddock Fillets
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Lemon Slices, for serving
How to Make Grilled Haddock:
- Step 1 – Heat Grill – Preheat the grill over medium high heat (350-400 degrees Fahrenheit). Then pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels.
- Step 2 – Combine Seasoning – Combine the seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Step 3 – Oil Haddock – Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil onto both sides of the fish fillets. Then season both sides of the fish with the seasoning mixture.
- Step 4 – Oil Grill Grates – Rub the remaining olive oil onto the grill grates. This keeps the fish from sticking to the grill.
- Step 6 – Grill Fish – Place the fish on the grill over direct heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through (internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Remove the fish from the grill. Serve topped with the lemon juice from the slices and enjoy!
What to Serve with Grilled Haddock?
This grilled haddock can be served with many different side dishes. You can serve with grilled side dishes or ones made indoors. These are some of our favorite side dishes.
- Tartar Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Salads
- Green Beans
- Crusty Bread
- White Rice
- Roasted Broccoli
- Foil Pack Asparagus
- Picking Fresh Haddock – Make sure to choose a haddock that is fresh and firm. You can even use frozen haddock but make sure to allow to thaw before grilling.
- Room Temperature Haddock – We recommend grilling the haddock when it is at room temperature. It results in a evenly cooked fish.
- Seasoning the Haddock – Before seasoning the haddocks, make sure that you have pat dried the fish.
- Prepare Grill – Make sure to preheat the gas grill to medium heat and oil the grill grates. This ensures that the fish doesn’t stick to the grill.
- Cooking Haddock – This haddock grills perfectly on a gas grill but you can also use charcoal grill. Feel free to bake in the oven topped with butter and vegetables.
How Long to Cook Haddock on the Grill:
Haddock does not take long to grill. Make sure to stay close to the grill when grilling. You will grill the haddock for about 2 minutes on each side.
You can cook the haddocks in foil packets with heavy duty aluminum foil.
How do you know when Grilled Haddock is Cooked?
The best way to know when the haddock is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 145 degrees when the fish is done cooking.
When we made this Grilled Haddock we used simple seasoning. Here are some other options that will add flavor to your healthy fish.
- Lemon Zest Pepper
- Blackening Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Greek Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
These seasoning will work with types of fish. You can use it with any saltwater fish. We have used it on white fish, halibut and tilapia. Feel free to add a marinade to give this fish more flavor.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
Why We Love this Grilled Haddock Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – You can season this grilled haddock with simple seasoning such as salt and pepper. But we love the flavor of the Italian Seasoning for delicious flavor. Feel free to use what your family prefers.
- Quick and Easy – Haddock cooks in less than 10 minutes. Watch closely so the haddock doesn’t over cook.
- Healthy Fish – Haddock has many healthy benefits. It is low in mercury but is loaded with many vitamins.
- Light and Refreshing Dinner – Serve this saltwater fish for a light and healthy dinner. It is a great summer fish to grill and serve with just about any side dishes.
Print Recipe for Grilled Haddock:
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat (350-400 degrees Fahrenheit) and pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels.
- Combine the seasoning together in a small bowl.
- Rub 1 tablespoon olive oil onto both sides of the fish fillets and season both sides of the fish with the seasoning mixture.
- Rub the remaining olive oil onto the grill grates to keep the fish from sticking to the grill.
- Place the fish on the grill over direct heat and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked through (internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the fish from the grill. Serve topped with the lemon juice from the slices and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe