If you love a meaty chili recipe, make this Smoked Brisket Chili. This chili is loaded with flavors and simple ingredients.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
This is the Best Smoked Brisket Chili Recipe that you will make. I have been making chili for over 20 years, and making it in the smoker has now become my family’s favorite.
If you have recently starting making smoker recipes, then you need to try this chili recipe. It is the perfect recipe for game day gatherings and more.
Try these other smoker recipe to make your parties complete. Smoked Queso Recipe, Smoked Shotgun Shells, and Smoked jalapeno poppers. Try these other brisket recipes – Crock Pot Beef Brisket and Slow Cooker Brisket Chili.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Smoked Chili:
This smoked Texas chili recipe can be used with leftover brisket or other types of meats. You will love that the ingredient list is simple and you probably already have the majority of them.
We love the way this smoky flavor chili taste with the thick texture and chunky meats. Serve with a side of tortilla chips and topped with cheese for a delicious chili to feed a crowd.
- Beef Brisket, cut in 2 inch pieces
- Bacon, chopped
- Kidney Beans, 15 oz., drained
- Black Beans, 15 oz., drained
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, 15 oz.
- Tomato Paste, 6 oz.
- White Onion (chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- Jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (diced)
- Beef Broth
- Dried Oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Chili Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Minced Garlic
To see the full recipe, ingredients and scroll to the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
- Change the Meat – You can easily make this chili with other cuts of beef. Brisket is our favorite but ground beef works great too.
- Change the Beans – Substitute the beans with pinto beans or you can easily omit the beans.
- Spices – This recipes spices can change to what you prefer. Feel free to use a chili seasoning packet from the store.
- Brown Sugar – For a hint of sweetness, feel free to add in a tablespoon of brown sugar.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Brown the bacon in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon to a separate plate lined with a paper towel.
Step 2 – Add in the onions and red bell pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until tender.
Step 3 – Add the diced brisket to the pan. Season it with salt and pepper. Brown the beef on all sides.
Step 4 – Add the meat and bacon back to the pot. Stir in all the remaining ingredients. Then smoke the chili and serve.
Smoked Chili Recipe Tips:
- Cook Bacon – We love to cook the chopped bacon in the Large pot that we are cooking the remaining ingredients. The level of flavor that the bacon grease gives the veggies is so delicious.
- Dutch Oven – Make sure the pot that you are using to cook the chili in is safe to put in your smoker. We love using a Dutch Oven for this purpose.
What to Serve with Brisket Chili:
This brisket chili is great served in a bowl with your favorite side dishes. We also serve with Fritos, crackers and cheese and tortilla chips. We have even served with a slice of French Bread to get the very last drop.
I even like making a Frito Chili Cheese Wrap by layering the chili, Fritos and cheese in a flour tortilla.
Can I Make on the Stovetop?
If you do not have a smoker, you can easily make this recipe on the stovetop. Cook the bacon in olive oil and then add in the other chili ingredients to cook tender.
Allow the chili to simmer over medium high heat for about 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Brisket Chili can be served just as it is or with your favorite toppings. We like to make a chili topping bar when we are feeding this chili to a crowd. Cheddar cheese, sour cream, slice avocado, and fresh cilantro are always family favorites.
After preparing the chili ingredients, cover and place in the smoker. Cook the pot of chili covered for about 60 minutes. Then take the lid off and continue smoking for about 3 hours. The layer of flavor after allowing it to smoke this 3 hours makes it taste amazing.
More Easy Smoker Recipes:
We love using our smoker to smoke meats, veggies, and cheese. Make sure to check out these other delicious recipes Smoked London Broil, Smoked Turkey Breast Tenderloin, Smoked Deviled Eggs, and Smoked Cream Cheese.
If you try this Smoked Brisket Chili, then leave a comment or a star review. We love hearing from you.
Smoked Brisket Chili
- 1.5 Pounds Beef Brisket cut in 2 inch pieces
- 6 Strips Bacon chopped
- 1 can Kidney Beans 15 oz., drained
- 1 can Black Beans 15 oz., drained
- 2 cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes 15 oz.
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6 oz.
- 1/2 white Onion chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Jalapeño seeded and diced
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce diced
- 2-3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the bacon in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove the bacon to a separate plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add in the onions and red bell pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until tender.
- Add the diced brisket to the pan. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Brown the beef on all sides. You may have to work in batches depending on the size of your pan and amount of brisket.
- Add the meat and bacon back to the pot. Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pot and place in the smoker. Smoke for 60 minutes.
- Then turn the heat up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and keep the lid opened on the smoker. Cook for another 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the smoker. Then the chili is ready to serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe