Blackstone Tortellini is the perfect weeknight meal. It is loaded with flavor and cooks quickly on the Blackstone Griddle.
Get My Easy Grilling Cookbook Bundle for 75% OFF
Easy Blackstone Tortellini Recipe:
We love making Blackstone Griddle Recipes for an easy weeknight meal. This tortellini recipe is one of our favorites. As it is a great way to get the kids to eat their vegetables.
This recipe can easily be changed by adding in Italian Sausage or a creamy alfredo sauce. It is packed with flavor and cooks quickly on the griddle.
This recipe will make your taste buds so happy. It is rich and flavor and even my pickiest eater loves it. Simple ingredients makes this pasta dish one of my favorites and can be served many different ways.
- Avocado Oil
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Fully Cooked Bag Cheese Tortellini (40 ounces)
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Spinach
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How to Cook Tortellini on a Blackstone Griddle:
- Step 1 – Heat Griddle – Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium-high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients – Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Then gently toss to thoroughly combine all the ingredients and coat them with the avocado oil.
- Step 3 – Pour onto Griddle – Add the tortellini mixture onto the griddle. Spread it into a single layer. Make sure to cook the pasta al dente.
- Step 4 – Close lid and Cook – Close the lid on the griddle and cook for 5-6 minutes until slightly browned. Flip the tortellinis and cook on the other side for 5-6 more minutes until the tortellinis are tender.
- Step 5 – Remove from griddle – Then remove the mixture from the grill. Top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Step 6 – Serve – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy.
What Tortellini Works Best for This Recipe?
You can use any type of tortellini to make this recipe. They are usually in the refrigerated or frozen section at your grocery store. Choose from cheese, spinach or meat filled.
I like using the meat filled so the meal become a little bit heart. You can boil them before placing on the griddle, but it is not necessary.
- Prepare Griddle – Make sure to preheat griddle to medium high heat. Then add oil before cooking anything on the griddle.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to completely coat everything with the oil.
- Cooking Ingredients – Everything can be cooked on the griddle at desired temperature, medium heat. Cook until everything is heated thoroughly. We like to cook with the lid close as that keeps the steam within. Helps with cooking the tortellini perfectly.
- Tortellini – Feel free to use different types of tortellini. You can use cheese, spinach or meat filled tortellini.
- Add Meat – To make this meal more heart add in Italian Sausage or other types of meats. You can make a stir fry with steak or chicken breast for a complete meal idea.
- Vegetables – Feel free to change the vegetables or add in veggies for added flavor. We recommend grape tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli or diced onion. Add in cloves garlic or cherry tomatoes for a crowd pleasing meal.
- Spices – This recipe can be made with different types of spices. Feel free to mix in garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, or fresh herbs. Add in fresh basil, parsley, or fresh mozzarella balls for delicious flavor.
- Cream Cheese – If you want to add in cream cheese for a creamier texture. Heat until the cheese is melted within the mixture.
- Oil – We used avocado oil in this recipe, but you can also use olive oil.
What to Serve with Blackstone Tortellini:
Blackstone Tortellini can be a filling meal if you add in meat. This tortellini recipe is great if you are looking for a vegetable filled meal. Feel free to serve this tortellini recipe with one of these vegetables for a delicious meal idea.
We like make sides on a Blackstone to make for an easy cleanup.
- Blackstone Asparagus and Bacon – Asparagus is an easy side dish that is healthy and delicious. Asparagus is easy to prepare and tossed with simple ingredients. Adding in the bacon makes sure everyone enjoys it.
- Blackstone Hibachi Vegetables – These Grilled Vegetables are healthy and versatile so you can use what you already have. My favorite part is how healthy it is. I have made these several different ways, and they all turned great.
- Garlic Bread on the Grill – This garlic bread comes out with a crispy texture. But that smoky flavor is why I love grilling them. It makes the perfect side with this tortellini recipe.
Can I Make on the Stovetop?
Yes, this works works great even on the stove top. This recipe cooks perfectly in any type of skillet or pan. We like using a cast iron skillet as it cooks similar to the griddle.
Make sure to have enough space so all the ingredients cook evenly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe for Blackstone Tortellini:
- Preheat the Blackstone Grill over medium high heat (approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to thoroughly combine all the ingredients and coat them with the avocado oil.
- Pour the mixture onto the griddle. Spread it into a single layer.
- Close the lid on the griddle and cook for 5-6 minutes until slightly browned. Flip the tortellinis and cook on the other side for 5-6 more minutes until the tortellinis are tender.
- Then remove the mixture from the grill. Top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe